OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2010 THREAD - Let the countdown begin!

Wow... you're coming a long way! I mean in distance. Washington State.. wow. Anyway, we've got just 2 ADR's for our Nov visit. Thanksgiving dinner at Chef Mickey's on Thursday and the Tuesday before Thanksgiving we have Mama Melrose with the Fantasmic package. I would love to do afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian, but I'm not sure which day I'd want. Usually when we do the afternoon tea, we end up hanging around the resort until its time to leave for the tea.

Yeah, we are coming a long way. It takes us one whole travel day to get there, but it's worth it. We've gone to DL before, but it's just not the same. I really think there's pixie dust in the air in Orlando. Besides there's nothing like walking down main street for the first time during your trip and seeing the castle in the background. It's absolutely magical.

For our trip we've got 3 ADRs: the Biergarten, 50's Prime Time Diner, and breakfast at Tusker House. All three of these are new locations for us, so I'm excited about that. We've never done the afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian. Sounds intriguing....might have to check that out. TFS

Yeah, we are coming a long way. It takes us one whole travel day to get there, but it's worth it. We've gone to DL before, but it's just not the same. I really think there's pixie dust in the air in Orlando. Besides there's nothing like walking down main street for the first time during your trip and seeing the castle in the background. It's absolutely magical.

For our trip we've got 3 ADRs: the Biergarten, 50's Prime Time Diner, and breakfast at Tusker House. All three of these are new locations for us, so I'm excited about that. We've never done the afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian. Sounds intriguing....might have to check that out. TFS

I haven't done 50's Prime Time (but it looks so cute) or Tusker, but we've done Biergarten. That one is fun and the food is good. You really should check out afternoon tea at the Grand. It begins at 2:30 and it might go til about 4:30. So you can get a seating during that time. Depending on which service you order, you get your tea choice, and then a collection of yummy tea sandwiches such as cucumber, egg salad and watercress and an onion tart. You also get scones and devonshire cream and jam. Dessert can be your choice of a selection of yummy pastries that they bring out or the trifle. I get the trifle. Its delicious. Here's a photo of the sandwiches.
26609_377981477893_674127893_3864960_8066431_n.jpg

and one of the swan shaped pastries:
26609_377981482893_674127893_3864961_8221101_n.jpg

I haven't done 50's Prime Time (but it looks so cute) or Tusker, but we've done Biergarten. That one is fun and the food is good. You really should check out afternoon tea at the Grand. It begins at 2:30 and it might go til about 4:30. So you can get a seating during that time. Depending on which service you order, you get your tea choice, and then a collection of yummy tea sandwiches such as cucumber, egg salad and watercress and an onion tart. You also get scones and devonshire cream and jam. Dessert can be your choice of a selection of yummy pastries that they bring out or the trifle. I get the trifle. Its delicious. Here's a photo of the sandwiches.

Is this something my 9 yr old son can do? If it's really girlie he won't like it.

Is this something my 9 yr old son can do? If it's really girlie he won't like it.

I have seen boys in there. It is a formal English tea service. There is a specific choice grouping for children. I always get the Buckingham Palace which includes champagne and strawberries in addition to the tea sandwiches, scones, tea and sweets. There is even a "manly" choice with beer. I have seen men in there too. It is very quiet and relaxing and they have the expensive Royal Albert china (as you can see in the photo). For my daughter, we always order her the Mrs. Potts tea service which she gets with Rooibos tea, which has a child friendly name on the menu. It is also available with chocolate milk. Whether your son would enjoy it just depends on him and how well he can behave in a "fancy" setting. My son who is 18 would have done just fine if we'd done something like that when he was little. We have just always done it as a "ladies only" treat. We usually get dressed up with resort casual sundresses and my DD wore her new sailor dress (with the matching doll dress) and brought her doll. Last year she wore a pretty swiss dot dress with an easter bonnet... but by no means do all guests dress up. Its a fancy room,with fancy china but the people are casual.

Wow, thanks for all the info. I will definitely keep it in mind. Maybe like you said, my daughter and I can do it as a girl's only treat. :hug:

Still haven't booked because the airfares are expensive..and then I can't book anything else. Aaaaah! Hopefully there will be a sale soon. I got a PIN# so I'm set with that. I want to go now!:yay:

Still haven't booked because the airfares are expensive..and then I can't book anything else. Aaaaah! Hopefully there will be a sale soon. I got a PIN# so I'm set with that. I want to go now!:yay:

Hi Snow White1.... Snow White here... wish you could score your airfare. I'm so glad we have the option to drive, even though its soooo long compared to a 2 hour flight. For us its 900 miles. We must drive this time because we'll have all my son's college stuff with us. We're taking him to college an hour from Disney, then taking our by then 8 year old on a Disney vacation. Keep trying all the sites like Travelocity, Expedia, AAA.... whatever it takes! You CAN do it. Does Southwest travel to your city? They don't charge for luggage!:lovestruc

below is a pic of me at the MNSSHP in Oct 08. Its why I'm Snow White ;) and that's my real hair!
2351_55060667893_674127893_1604111_6500378_n.jpg

You are lucky you can drive. How fun that your son will be at college so near to Disney. You will have to go there more often now. Weehee!

No driving for us - it would take too long. I'm hoping that there will be some sort of an airfare sale at some point. I keep checking.

I love your photo! You truly are the perfect Snow White! I look absolutely nothing like Snow White, but I used to work at a corner grocery store called 'Snow White' so couldn't resist using the name.

Thanks for the tip about Southwest - I'll have to check and see if they go to Minneapolis yet.....

Hi All!

We are going 11/4-11/12. We are staying ay Pop. Have our dining reservations done and plans for which parks which days and which days we will chill out by the pool and/or downtown Disney. Can't wait. This will be our second trip in Nov. We went in Nov 08 and had a fantastic trip. Hope we can replicate it!
144 days and counting!!

My family are going from November 1st to 7th..
We are flying from Australia, spending a week at NYC (DD 13th birthday), going up to Salem MA for Halloween then driving down to Orlando...Excitemtent doesn't begin to describe how we are feeling:banana:

My family are going from November 1st to 7th..
We are flying from Australia, spending a week at NYC (DD 13th birthday), going up to Salem MA for Halloween then driving down to Orlando...Excitemtent doesn't begin to describe how we are feeling:banana:

Don't forget to visit the Salem Witch Museum. My DD loved it. Also, being there on Halloween should be really special. We were there, but it was not Halloween. There is a nice restaurant, but I don't remember the name, but it had a great salad bar. It was right in the historic area on a corner adjacent to the antique tall ship. There are also alot of cool "interesting" shops. :stir:

Well, it's time to come out of hiding.

Been following various threads here to plan my family's first trip to Disney. Niether I, DW, DS5, nor DD9 have ever been. This site and some others have been quite valuable to my planning.

We're arriving Nov 18 and returning home on Thanksgiving Day. I had originally booked the Wilderness Lodge, but got a 20/30/40 pin code. Couldn't use it on a room I wanted at WL, so we upgraded to the Polynesian and are still paying less overall.

I've got ADR's setup, so now it's just time for impatiently waiting for the day to come. Oh, and waiting for Southwest to finally open up late November for booking!

Well, it's time to come out of hiding.

Been following various threads here to plan my family's first trip to Disney. Niether I, DW, DS5, nor DD9 have ever been. This site and some others have been quite valuable to my planning.

We're arriving Nov 18 and returning home on Thanksgiving Day. I had originally booked the Wilderness Lodge, but got a 20/30/40 pin code. Couldn't use it on a room I wanted at WL, so we upgraded to the Polynesian and are still paying less overall.

I've got ADR's setup, so now it's just time for impatiently waiting for the day to come. Oh, and waiting for Southwest to finally open up late November for booking!

:welcome:

You'll really enjoy that time of year at Disney. This will be our 2nd Thanksgiving there. Thanksgiving dinner at Chef Mickey. My sister and her family will be joining us as they did in 2007. Don't miss the life sized gingerbread house in the lobby of the Grand Floridian. Its AWESOME.
3167_77893507893_674127893_1859404_2158311_n.jpg

3167_77893512893_674127893_1859405_2404798_n.jpg

We are so excited!

Nov 7-15, OKW and Nov 15-19 at AKV-, off site until the 30th

Our fourth trip - it gets better every time!

:welcome:

You'll really enjoy that time of year at Disney. This will be our 2nd Thanksgiving there. Thanksgiving dinner at Chef Mickey. My sister and her family will be joining us as they did in 2007. Don't miss the life sized gingerbread house in the lobby of the Grand Floridian. Its AWESOME.
3167_77893507893_674127893_1859404_2158311_n.jpg

3167_77893512893_674127893_1859405_2404798_n.jpg

I have been wondering if the Gingerbread House will be up while I am in WDW this November....I am curious are Your pics from last year
2009 when the MVMCP and OL started on Nov 10? I have my fingers crossed that it will be up before we leave since MVMCP and OL start Nov 8th this year, I will be there from Nov 8th - 13th

I have been wondering if the Gingerbread House will be up while I am in WDW this November....I am curious are Your pics from last year
2009 when the MVMCP and OL started on Nov 10? I have my fingers crossed that it will be up before we leave since MVMCP and OL start Nov 8th this year, I will be there from Nov 8th - 13th

Hi, the photo is from November 2007 when we went down the week of Thanksgiving. I don't know for sure, but I would imagine that with MVMCP going on, they'll have holiday decorations up by then, and that would probably include the gingerbread house. That photo only shows half of it. It was rather large, smelled awesome and they sold refreshments from it with some very lucky cast members getting to work inside it all day.... MMMMmmmmmm:santa:

Hi, the photo is from November 2007 when we went down the week of Thanksgiving. I don't know for sure, but I would imagine that with MVMCP going on, they'll have holiday decorations up by then, and that would probably include the gingerbread house. That photo only shows half of it. It was rather large, smelled awesome and they sold refreshments from it with some very lucky cast members getting to work inside it all day.... MMMMmmmmmm:santa:

Thank You for the info, I was thinking of stopping at GF on our last day to see the Gingerbread House since we are heading to MK in the morning being we have a late flight, but did not want to bother if there was no chance of it being up. You have given me a glimmer of hope of seeing it this trip.:santa:

Thank You for the info, I was thinking of stopping at GF on our last day to see the Gingerbread House since we are heading to MK in the morning being we have a late flight, but did not want to bother if there was no chance of it being up. You have given me a glimmer of hope of seeing it this trip.:santa:

Before you head over, you could either call the Grand Floridian yourself, or ask at the front desk of your hotel. They probably would know. Its sort of a big deal and is really popular.

Mindy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter