Official March 2013 thread

We just did the opposite! In July made our plans for Spring Break trip while we were still at Disney when the resort I wanted came available for our dates.. Just found out I have the time available and one of the resorts I have wanting to try come open for Thanksgiving week! So we are headed out in just a Month and 1/2! Oh my.. I have never planned in such short time notice before...

Very excited tho, and we were able to get a segway tour, which I have always wanted to do as well as Behind the Seeds Tour. We have never done any tours in all the years (since 1975) of coming to WDW so this will be a first for us!

My family will be in WDW march 3rd through the 8th this is our big trip so usually it is just DH, Me and DD but My mother is coming with us this time she has not been in 26 years lol hell last time she went to epcot she was pregnant with me lol.. we did however make a trip to MK when I was younger but I honestly don't remember it but here is our plans (not sure of hotel yet that will not be done for a while)

March 3rd MK = Tony's- lunch/ Liberty tree- Dinner
4th= HS 50s prime time -lunch/ sci fi- dinner
5th= Epcot Coral reef-lunch/ rose & crown-dinner
6th= AK rainforest cafe for breakfast and lunch/ dinner will be at DTD somewhere
7th= MK The plaza -lunch/ crystal palace- dinner
8th= Epcot Le cellier - lunch / teppan edo- dinner

then after all the fun I have to drive all the way back home and back to work :(

Just found this thread. We are going March 25-30 during our Spring Break and staying at the Boardwalk Villas.

Doing the happy dance:banana: Called yesterday morning and found that I had a Pin Code for March (saved us over $700), so we're officially booked in the Yacht Club for the 12th-17th. First time back in five years, and first Spring Break (yikes!) Let the planning (and dreaming:cloud9:) begin!!

BurleyGirl said:
Doing the happy dance:banana: Called yesterday morning and found that I had a Pin Code for March (saved us over $700), so we're officially booked in the Yacht Club for the 12th-17th. First time back in five years, and first Spring Break (yikes!) Let the planning (and dreaming:cloud9:) begin!!

Wow! Congrats!!! How does this work though? We will be there the 10-16, but are staying at AoA in a LM room. Would it be worth calling and seeing if something is attached to my reservation? I've never heard of this before... I know about discounts to the public, but I didn't know people had their own individual ones..

vicky33006, I'm not an expert as to how the Pin Codes work, but I do know that there can be a Pin Code given to you and attached to you name (usually you're notified by mail or e-mail, but I was not this time), so I periodically have been calling the reservation line to see if I might have one, and yesterday there was one for dates in March. I was so very happy, because we said we would not go if we couldn't get a better rate than what we had (it's way expensive compared to when we usually have gone). So, I would suggest to try calling every so often and see if you've got a code they can apply to your reservation.

vicky33006, I'm not an expert as to how the Pin Codes work, but I do know that there can be a Pin Code given to you and attached to you name (usually you're notified by mail or e-mail, but I was not this time), so I periodically have been calling the reservation line to see if I might have one, and yesterday there was one for dates in March. I was so very happy, because we said we would not go if we couldn't get a better rate than what we had (it's way expensive compared to when we usually have gone). So, I would suggest to try calling every so often and see if you've got a code they can apply to your reservation.

Since I have never really done this before...what number do we call? The standard reservation number?

Thanks!

How would you know if you had a pin code if you already booked through a TA? Would they have a way of knowing or finding out?

No, my TA told me that they can't get access to that info, and told me I would have to call Disney directly myself, and if I found that I had one, to get the number and give it to her and she could handle from there, but that I'd have to be the one to check on it.

Hi everyone!
I have been waiting to book for March 12-17 and finally DH gave the OK! He takes an extended overseas trip every March (next one is Brazil) with the school he works for and so the kids (we have 3, DD 15, DD 13 and DS 10) like to try and do something fun while he is gone. Since he isn't a WDW fan going here is always our first choice!

So DH cleared me to book and I found this thread. Called yesterday to see if I had a PIN, no dice. I've had them before come via email, was hoping there was something sitting there attached to my name. So I just emailed the TA I've used for all our trips and we are booking Art of Animation with the Quick Service Dining Plan.

Looking at airfare and having a heart attack. First choice is to fly out of Hartford but I can also do Boston. So sky high! I need to just bite the bullet I think, does everyone here have air already or are you playing the waiting game?

First time on QS, have done the regular Dining Plan numerous times, last trip (a year ago today I took just my middle DD for her b'day) we didn't do a plan and I did miss it. This time we decided we weren't going to do a ton of TS because with DS now an adult yet having the palate of a kid I can't spend that kind of cash on food he will barely want to eat. My daughters are more foodies but he is a chicken nugget kind of guy.

So happy to be hear, so happy to get to go make a new ticker and would love an invite to the FB group as I'm on FB all the time!

Allyson :coffee:

Found the group on FB and just requested to join!

Allyson:coffee:

Congrats on the confirmed March Disney trip! I booked our airfare yesterday, but had been watching it for several months. Booked three from Dallas/FW for $1228, which I thought was very high (I'm used to the $250 RT we used to get in the fall, but have never priced for Spring Break before), but the lowest I've seen it get over these months was $1200 and this morning my same flights were $1726! I was thinking of waiting it out, but DH said to not play that game and just go with what I could get now. I know I'll kick myself if it drops, but I sure was happy I'd done it this morning when I saw the $500 increase!
Welcome to March, Allyson! I haven't joined (or even looked for) the FB page...think I'll try to do that!

Hi all! I had to switch to March from February. So now we're going to be staying at POFQ from March 3-10. Now I have to redo all my dining reservations and spreadsheets.

Hi everyone! There's a good chance I'll be coming down to WDW during my spring break (the week of Mar 24th). Getting ready for the big crowds!!! :thumbsup2

Sooo, We have made a decision that is kind of sad, but still will have a happy ending. We have decided that it will be best if we move our Disney trip. We will no longer be going in March, but instead, the end of May. It will save us a few hundred dollars, easier since DD will not have to miss school, and we can actually take more time if desired. Plus DH is VERY happy it will be Star Wars Weekend.

SO, with this, I sadly say Goodbye to my March Group. I wish you all well and pleasant trips. :flower3:

Sooo, We have made a decision that is kind of sad, but still will have a happy ending. We have decided that it will be best if we move our Disney trip. We will no longer be going in March, but instead, the end of May. It will save us a few hundred dollars, easier since DD will not have to miss school, and we can actually take more time if desired. Plus DH is VERY happy it will be Star Wars Weekend.

SO, with this, I sadly say Goodbye to my March Group. I wish you all well and pleasant trips. :flower3:

Have a great trip in May! Star Wars Weekends are so much fun!

I had no clue threads like this existed until I saw someone mention an April 2013 thread. We have plans to be in WDW over Spring Break which is the week before Easter. My DD has a big swim meet the week following over in Clearwater (the NASA Showcase Classic) so we will be at WDW for about a week and then over to Tampa to see family and to swim.

Ok, so in my excitement yesterday I missed this thread and started my own. I'm sorry.
I'm staying in POR March 17-23!:yay: This is our second family vacation to Disney and our first staying on property. We are trying to not do ADR's this year as last time it took up a lot of our time and made us inflexible when we wanted to change our park plans for the day. But we are wanting to do Chef Mickey's one morning. Does that need a reservation?

Also I requested to join the facebook group

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter