Official March 2013 thread

Was looking for this thread! Can't wait to get back to hit the world for 9 days starting on the first day spring March 20th
Pv) pirate:

Can I get in on the fb group?
I'm 45 and maybe the only guy posting in this thread :)
DW is 39, DD-10, DS- 7
First dis trip and am currently driving the whole family crazy with my incessant planning and chattering about our trip that is along way off.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Can I get in on the fb group?
I'm 45 and maybe the only guy posting in this thread :)
DW is 39, DD-10, DS- 7
First dis trip and am currently driving the whole family crazy with my incessant planning and chattering about our trip that is along way off.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Your not alone brother!, I'm a 46 year old DD With a DW44, DD19 & DD11 and I've been driving my DW crazy since we got back from our spring break trip this past year that WAS NOT to WDW! I started planning and re-reading all of my planning WDW books & WD Biographies the day we got back! Let me kn ow if need any palnning tips.

Pv) pirate:

Officially booked for 3/8/13-3/16/13 at POR!!!! :thumbsup2 :cool1: :p

:yay:

We booked the exact same dates at POR! This is our first trip so we'll be the ones with the stunned "Where am I and what am I doing?" faces! Although the amount of time I'm logging in reading posts will help our preparation!

:yay:

We booked the exact same dates at POR! This is our first trip so we'll be the ones with the stunned "Where am I and what am I doing?" faces! Although the amount of time I'm logging in reading posts will help our preparation!

Exact same here too! POR RR

I finally convinced my parents to go to the kindgom with us before we go on our cruise :cool1: But I noticed that on touring Plans they are predicting crowds of 9 and 10. What I am wondering is this the norm (I understand that they use numbers from the past and they can not predict the future) for this time of year? If so we may have to rethink plans.:sad:

When we were there this past March (12-16) it was predicted 9 and 10 days and it was definitely that. Space Mountain had over 100 minute waits by 10:00 am the mornings we were in MK. We did rope drop and/or morning EMH every day going straight to our must do ride and grabbing FP and riding standby a couple times right away. We were able to ride SM five times in one morning doing it that way.

It was just me and DD and the trip was about doing what DD wanted to do most so we focused on the thrill rides first but we did most of my favorites too. We even had a couple later afternoon/evenings that we just stayed at the resort pool and had dinner in our room. We got a surprising amount of stuff done that week but we were exhausted when we got home.

Ok, were officially booked...were staying with rented points at Beach Club Villa. D ~ I'm going to have to find the Facebook group!

Its too hard to get on the Dis from my phone...facebook is so much easier!

We are booked at the Holiday Inn Down Town Disney for two nights while DD does a dance workshop and then we move to the Contemporary for 5 nights...second time during spring break, but it's been awhile, actually it will be 10 years since we were at the world for spring break. Our first time was not such a pleasant experience, but we were also newbies...happily we are now seasoned veterans ;)

We're going 2/24 to 3/2/13. Staying at the WL. It will be me (43), DH (36) and DS (6 who will be turning 7 while we are there.

DMGeurts said:
OK - I am setting one up... The name of the group is WDW Disers March 2013 It is a closed group, so you'll need to ask to join. :)

D~

Here's the page you were looking for. We will be at OKW 3/10-3/15. My parents are coming with us and this will be their first visit since 1978. DH, DD(22), DS(6), and BFF and her DH will be coming with us as well to celebrate my birthday on the 13th. I'm so excited and DH laughs at me every time I start talking about our trip...sooo excited!!!

1978, 1988 (honeymoon), 1995 (Dixie Landings), 2001, 2006, 2009 (CBR), March 2011 (POP), Dec 2011 (VWL), Jan 2012 (Holiday Inn LBV), Mar 2012 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek), May 2012 (OKW), Oct 2012 (AKV), Mar 2013 (OKW-GV)

We are in (me DM and DS 18 and his friend is coming along too) March 23 through March 30. Spring Break for them! Both are seniors in HS this year and should be fun for DS to have a friend along.

Staying at WBC, we were in WDW July 28-Aug 4th and while we were there I received the e-mail that Bonnet Creek had opened up for March. So while DS went through the single rider line about 10 times on RnRC I was making our reservations for Spring Break!

Now on the hunt for airline tickets. Waiting for Southwest and Frontier Airlines to open up for our dates!

Looking forward to passing the time with fellow March Travelers. We have never been during March, however pretty much ever other time of the year! AP holders.

Airline rezzies made today, only 3k left to pay and then we'll be on our way!!...........3/8-3/16 POR..........cannot wait!!!!!

We are in (me DM and DS 18 and his friend is coming along too) March 23 through March 30. Spring Break for them! Both are seniors in HS this year and should be fun for DS to have a friend along.

Staying at WBC, we were in WDW July 28-Aug 4th and while we were there I received the e-mail that Bonnet Creek had opened up for March. So while DS went through the single rider line about 10 times on RnRC I was making our reservations for Spring Break!

Now on the hunt for airline tickets. Waiting for Southwest and Frontier Airlines to open up for our dates!

Looking forward to passing the time with fellow March Travelers. We have never been during March, however pretty much ever other time of the year! AP holders.

You may already know this but Southwest opened up today!!!!

You may already know this but Southwest opened up today!!!!

Thanks! Yes I just noticed... It is currently $477 per person on Southwest. So I may wait a few days and see if Frontier opens up. $477 about kills me! We will see. I wish I would have realized about the credit card promotion as I recently had to replace my laptop, IPad and several other things.. I still have more to replace (all got stolen) so I applied for the credit card today and will make those purchases on it and hopefully obtain two free roundtrip tickets!

We typically go to Disney in the fall/winter, so this will be a first for us. I haven't yet booked, but we'll be there 3/7 - 3/16 for a cheer competition. Suggesitons for which resort to stay in would be appreciated. We've stayed at Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside and FQ, ASM, and the last few years, Wilderness Lodge. I'm trying to limit what I spend, but my DH is pushing for Wilderness Lodge again.

Regardless...let the fun begin! I'm ready to go back to the happiest place on earth!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter