*-Official February 2015 Thread-*

So by random chance, my best friend won a free ticket at her workplace. This was followed by a sudden, last-minute, completely unplanned and starting right now, trip up to Disney.

Lol, I'm writing this on my phone and we're on the way up lol. Well be there till late tomorrow and then bus ride down before getting back to our regularly scheduled program. :rotfl2:

Ugh. Our flight was cancelled and they're trying to re-book an entire plane on various other flights. We would have been touching down in just a few minutes, but we haven't even left the airport!
I am holding on, but the kids are starting to lose it. Just needed to vent...

Ugh. Our flight was cancelled and they're trying to re-book an entire plane on various other flights. We would have been touching down in just a few minutes, but we haven't even left the airport!
I am holding on, but the kids are starting to lose it. Just needed to vent...

Sorry to hear but vent away and yeah this sucks. I would be pissed big time. So why was it cancelled? I am curious to know. There is no snow today at all. What a joke, I am sorry I am angry as well and what airline is this?

23 days until our Orlando vacation starts, Universal for 3 days and WDW for 4. I'm entering the "so excited I could cry" phase of anticipation. This will be the longest vacation we've taken ( me, DH, DS 14 and DDs 12, 4 and 2. ) My park plans are mapped out. My ADRs and FP in place. MM linked to my account. Stroller rented, Magic bands arrived yesterday. SO NOW WHAT!? Aside from re watching some great movies, it's too early to pack, and I need to do something to stop myself from exploding with excitement!! What's everyone doing to keep their DIS side from bursting?

Sorry to hear but vent away and yeah this sucks. I would be pissed big time. So why was it cancelled? I am curious to know. There is no snow today at all. What a joke, I am sorry I am angry as well and what airline is this?
oh no! Why did the cancel the flight? I would be losing my mind!

It was Jet Blue and it was mechanical issues.
They were able to get about 100 passengers on a 1:30 direct, the rest of us got stuck on horrible flights. Our options were a 2 hour bus ride to Boston, for a 5pm direct, or a 5pm from here connecting in DC to Tampa, then a van from Tampa to MCO. We were finally able to ditch Jet Blue and will be on a direct out of Southwest at 5. We were able to get a full refund, and that will just about cover the cost of the new flight.
We had to cancel our dining plans, but we will be able to get a refund of sorts for one day of our park hopper ticket since it was out of our control. Tomorrow will be better.

Glad you are finally able to get out. That happened to us last year. Snow storm was coming in and the one flight that went out of Worcester was cancelled. We ended up having to go down two days later. Enjoy it when you get down there!

Magical Express tags came today!!

Glad you are finally able to get out. That happened to us last year. Snow storm was coming in and the one flight that went out of Worcester was cancelled. We ended up having to go down two days later. Enjoy it when you get down there!

Magical Express tags came today!!

Glad to hear about your tags.

It was Jet Blue and it was mechanical issues.
They were able to get about 100 passengers on a 1:30 direct, the rest of us got stuck on horrible flights. Our options were a 2 hour bus ride to Boston, for a 5pm direct, or a 5pm from here connecting in DC to Tampa, then a van from Tampa to MCO. We were finally able to ditch Jet Blue and will be on a direct out of Southwest at 5. We were able to get a full refund, and that will just about cover the cost of the new flight.
We had to cancel our dining plans, but we will be able to get a refund of sorts for one day of our park hopper ticket since it was out of our control. Tomorrow will be better.

Sorry to hear about all the trouble. Good luck from here on out.

We made it! We're sitting on the Magical Express & getting ready to go! Thanks for all who listened to me vent - I had to keep it all inside in front of the kids so they would keep it together, but I needed to get it out somewhere! I hope all you Feb folks have a great vacation!

We made it! We're sitting on the Magical Express & getting ready to go! Thanks for all who listened to me vent - I had to keep it all inside in front of the kids so they would keep it together, but I needed to get it out somewhere! I hope all you Feb folks have a great vacation!

I'm so glad you made it! Have a super fantastic vacation! :tinker:

Have fun and enjoy

Sorry about your difficulties, Jo! Glad you made it!

We arrived smoothly. We tackled day 1 at US/IoA. Fabulous day, though the HP expo brought out some crowds. We still managed 14 rides between 9 am and 5:30 pm, so they clearly weren't as bad as they could have been.

Looking forward to finding out if there really is a lull at MK during the Super Bowl tomorrow.

Vanessa

Jo, I'm so glad you finally got down there okay! You're right: tomorrow will be better!

23 days until our Orlando vacation starts, Universal for 3 days and WDW for 4. I'm entering the "so excited I could cry" phase of anticipation. SO NOW WHAT!? Aside from re watching some great movies, it's too early to pack, and I need to do something to stop myself from exploding with excitement!! What's everyone doing to keep their DIS side from bursting?

Kind of asking myself the same question. Planning a function at church kept me occupied this week and tonight I reconciled with someone who had ... not been very nice. Guess it'll be fine-tuning the vacation plans, harassing the mailman until our MagicBands come and hoping my beloved snowstorms don't hinder everyone else's travel too much. Oh, and a Disney movie every night, of course.

Speaking of, what movies DOES everyone watch? Any at all? I tend to pull out the ones I WON'T see at the parks, like Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Emperor's New Groove, Great Mouse Detective, etc. Turns out I only have to see Dinosaur and Home on the Range to have watched every "official" film, so those are my goal.

Magic Bands arrived today! DD is beyond excited!!

Keep the trip updates coming Feb. friends!

Not happy that the Kali River Rapids refurb has been extended to Feb 9. Still happy to go and one ride doesn't make or break a trip. Accuweather shows sun for next weekend and yahoo weather shows rain the entire time. Here's to packing for every possibility. Best part though is that on out departure date we are leaving a low of 3 degrees and arrive to a high of 67. Alright!!!!!!!

Now those are some great numbers to read for a vacation!

Anyone else having a slow time of getting the hang of the new site?

Just an update. Havin a fab time!! Met lots of characters. Parks no that crowded and met some fellow dis'ers, with mor to come I hope to meet. Being a solo has been a great experience. Everyone is so nice and offer to have me join them both young and older! Even cast members have been great! A perfect first solo trip!

Just an update. Havin a fab time!! Met lots of characters. Parks no that crowded and met some fellow dis'ers, with mor to come I hope to meet. Being a solo has been a great experience. Everyone is so nice and offer to have me join them both young and older! Even cast members have been great! A perfect first solo trip!

Sounds like your having a great time and lets see some pictures lol just kidding \_/ cheers to you! pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter