*-Official February 2015 Thread-*

Just an update. Havin a fab time!! Met lots of characters. Parks no that crowded and met some fellow dis'ers, with mor to come I hope to meet. Being a solo has been a great experience. Everyone is so nice and offer to have me join them both young and older! Even cast members have been great! A perfect first solo trip!

Glad to hear it's going so well! :cool1:

Cap'n -- what is it with you and pictures? ;) (I think I'm finally getting the hang of this new layout....)

Glad to hear it's going so well! :cool1:

Cap'n -- what is it with you and pictures? ;) (I think I'm finally getting the hang of this new layout....)

l I love seeing pictures of what I am missing out on lol 31 hours and ticking...tick tock

Jo, I'm so glad you finally got down there okay! You're right: tomorrow will be better!

Kind of asking myself the same question. Planning a function at church kept me occupied this week and tonight I reconciled with someone who had ... not been very nice. Guess it'll be fine-tuning the vacation plans, harassing the mailman until our MagicBands come and hoping my beloved snowstorms don't hinder everyone else's travel too much. Oh, and a Disney movie every night, of course.

Speaking of, what movies DOES everyone watch? Any at all? I tend to pull out the ones I WON'T see at the parks, like Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Emperor's New Groove, Great Mouse Detective, etc. Turns out I only have to see Dinosaur and Home on the Range to have watched every "official" film, so those are my goal.

I love lion king the best. Fox and hound was one of the first I ever saw in theatres. Rescuers were great too. Hunchback of notre dame , Hercules and Robin hood r a few of my favs. Also how can I forget wreck it Ralph as well.

I am hoping that this round of snow is the last one until AFTER our trip.

IF THE WEATHER HOLDS OUT
Just teasing, I really hope it does clear out for you.

I hope the weather stays steady for our arrival! Just another 2 hours of work then one more work day thennnnn...rushing home to get my stuff and taking the red-eye to Orlando!
It'll be my first time staying onsite so I hope it'll be as awesome as I dream it to be!

Our MagicBands arrived!! :dance3: I completely did not see them when I got home! Now to pull out the nailpolish and decorate!

Yay!!! Magic bands got here Friday! Mine and the kids have been decorated. Just finished shopping for ponchos, glow sticks and car- ride activity books!

Got here late Friday night. We have 2 more park days before heading to universal. Observations this far:
  • Atmosphere at Epcot's WS on Sat night felt like a drunken college campus Sat evening- very different than last time we were here. Dodged a lot of drunks- young and old.
  • There seem to be a much higher percentage of people here right now that don't speak English compared to our previous trips.
  • We've not had any problems with our magic bands, and the FP+ system has been fine for us. Other than having to wait in a line to get a 4th FP (which we've not felt the need to do), we're ok with the new system.
  • After eating clean for a while at home, suddenly switching to the DDP has been a shock to my digestive system... I forgot how MUCH FOOD there is, and I'm even ordering light!
  • It's much warmer during the day, but colder at night than I anticipated. (we're bringing jackets today, to avoid having to come back to the roomfor them after dinner)
That's all for now - have to switch my laundry over so I can get to the park this morning!

Oh, and I got word this morning that I didn't get the job. :( Bummer, but I still have a job that pays the bills. I think one of the applicants didn't and another applicant was getting laid off.

Have a magical day! Will try to update again soon.

Lol,we just hit that number this morning! Less than a week! Looks like we'll be there round the same time!

I am usually still up at midnight, so I like to watch the new number pop up on the countdown....lol. We are supposed to fly out on Sunday the 8th, and praying that the snow that is coming this weekend won't hold up our plans. We just got hit with about 18 inches of snow this past weekend here in Michigan, so I'm hoping that Mother Nature will keep things more under control this next storm.

Where are you coming from?

We're leaving for the Orlando area in about 2.5 weeks! SIL/BIL will be running the Princess Half-Marathon 5k/10k/Half races. We'll be tending to our niece. We actually only have one park day planned on 2/24 b/c DD & I just there were on-property from 1/15-1/20. We had an awesome little visit. Hoping to see a few things we missed! We got a couple of FP+, but not 7DMT. Bummer.

Our Itin looks like this - Staying OFF-Site
2/20 - Kids Races (niece) 5k (SIL/BIL)
2/21 - 10k (SIL/BIL)
2/22 - Half Marathon (SIL/BIL)
2/23 - Downtown Disney - Lunch at T-Rex
2/24 - Rope Drop - Magic Kingdom; Park Hop to Epcot - Biergarten for Dinner (FIL's Favorite!)
2/25 - REST (If I make this group do rope drop; there will be nothing the next day) Breakfast at 'Ohana.
2/26 - Sea World
2/27 - Head Home Early!

So - kind of a quick trip centered MOSTLY on running. Sadly, I'm not running this time. I've not trained in far too long and these races sell out far too quickly. I'm excitec for the running family members, though. Run Disney Races are awesome!

Last edited:
Enjoy your trip!! We got hit with another 14-18 inches of snow. Looks like more to come this weekend. 5 snow days thus far from school. Two days in a row this week. I just want to get to our happy place!!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest