*-Official February 2015 Thread-*

Ok. Both of my kids have been healthy all winter long, and NOW they decide to get sick with a cold. :(. 3 days until we leave. Really? Ugh!! My husband tells me he's not feeling great this morning either.

So, my kids (DS5 DD10months) have never been on a plane, so I don't know how their ears will react. Given that they are both snotty messes today, should I consider dosing them with Benadryl before our flight? Any other ideas or suggestions?

Your best bet is giving them a sucker to suck on while the plane takes off. Once the initial ascent is over you should be okay. I wouldn't dose them with Benadryl if you plan on doing anything else the remainder of the day.

My wife and I are taking our 22 month old in a few weeks. We flew last year to Phoenix (live in Ohio) and she did good drinking some milk during take off.

If you were looking for medication for them for their cold then I would suggest ibuprofen but if they don't have a fever or in obvious pain then I wouldn't do it.
Good Luck to you!

Question for all the people who are less then 3 days away. I know some of your are about 72 hours or so out from your trip. Have you started your packing or is it finished? Or would you say, your not even close to being prepared to go. Actually this question could be for anyone, just thought I ask to see where everyone is in the process...

Yep nope... haven't even started. Infact need to do laundry for what I'm taking. Such a procrastinator am I. Well I have a day and half. Well less considering I still have work... Ok so one day... Hmmm guess I should do the laundry tonight so I can pack tomorrow night for the early saturday plane.

Ohhh boy... where's that packing fairy when you need her?

Question for all the people who are less then 3 days away. I know some of your are about 72 hours or so out from your trip. Have you started your packing or is it finished? Or would you say, your not even close to being prepared to go. Actually this question could be for anyone, just thought I ask to see where everyone is in the process...

Weelllll..... We're going to be at the World 24 hours from now and I'm still only half packed. Mind you it's just the two of us so we don't have kids to pack for.

Dd has recovered from the flu. Interview went well. Instated up late packing and everything. And WE ARE ON THE ROAD to Florida- woo hoo!!!

At the interview, they said they hope to have a decision made by mid week and will call either way. As suspected, I will get a woo-hoo, or :( call whole at wdw next week.

As we head south, it's getting hilly-er (we love in glacier-flattened areas), and the temp is climbing, degree by degree :). So excited- vacation has begun, and I've only put in about an hour of work from the road so far! 'Doh! DH has been trying to convince me to turn my phone off for the last 15 mins. Haha.

Glad to hear daughter is feeling better and enjoy your trip and good luck with job news.

Dd has recovered from the flu. Interview went well. Instated up late packing and everything. And WE ARE ON THE ROAD to Florida- woo hoo!!!

At the interview, they said they hope to have a decision made by mid week and will call either way. As suspected, I will get a woo-hoo, or :( call whole at wdw next week.

AWESOME! so glad everything went well from interview to the flu. :thumbsup2
Hopefully the magic'll wear off on you like it did on one of our trips. My dad had been denied his cancer treatment twice and almost cancelled the trip because he hadnt heard anything. We convinced him it would help him get his mind off it and then, early one morning mid-trip, he got a phone call that he had been approved for the treatment!

Have an awesome time while your there we're a little over 10 days out. (12, but a little over 10 helps me cope lol)

30 days to go!! :cool1:

We actually realized yesterday that we forgot to add our flight to our reservation for the Magical Express so thankfully we found it out now before it got too late and Disney's sending our tags to put on the bags.

Hoping to get some suggestions about something; my best friend is coming with us this time for her first ever trip to Disney which is super exciting! But I want to make sure it's extra special.

I know people have mentioned getting the "My 1st Trip" button for her, (Btw, where would we get that from?) got an A&E Fastpass +, and we're still trying to get a BoG lunch reservation if possible but does anybody have any other ideas? I was thinking about each of us picking a pearl in Japan on the day we go to Epcot since I thought that would be a nice little memento but I'm open to other ideas.

Thanks in advance!

2 more weeks to go. I think I can get through it. Looks like some more snow this weekend. Praying to the snow gods for this to be the end. Elsa needs to settle down a bit ;)

For the little ones with the colds, the lollipops are a good idea. DD would have her drink or a paci on the ascent and descent. Obviously the older one won't want a paci. My DD started wearing the Ear Planes for kids last year. She didn't like the pressure feeling and had a hard time clearing her ears. They seemed to help.

Prayers are being said tonight for you handful heading down first!
Driving on the slushy roads today was absolutely the worst!
Horray for your daughter kicking the flu!
I hope those other kiddos soon do, too!
Our first piece of Mickey Mail arrived today, woo I don't know what else to rhyme with since I didn't rehearse....t :confused3

My DD25 planned a trip for she and I for Feb 23 - March 2! We are so excited as we have never been to WDW!! We did DL as we are originally from CA. She is in Colorado and I am in Arkansas and we have been texting and calling back and forth after reading all the great tips, to add things to our lists to take. We are staying at All Star Sports as this is a budget/last minute trip. She and I are both the Disney fanatics in the family, so we will have so much fun together!

Then in September we have a family trip planned. We will be offsite for that one, at Bonnet Creek as we have points to use up. The whole family except DS, who is in the Navy and will be in Djoubodi (sp?) until next year. :sad2:

DD25 and I are also going back in November for the W&D Half Marathon! That was our original trip we had planned, but it seemed so far off she planned the one for February! We are also staying at Bonnet Creek for that trip.

Can you believe it? We have never been before and now we are going THREE times this year!! :banana:

(and yes, she is buying us AP's since we will be there a total of 20 days this year!)

Magic Bands shipped yesterday for our Feb. 23rd arrival! So close, yet so far away! Can't wait to hear about all the early Feb. Trips from all those on the way down!

Magic Bands shipped yesterday for our Feb. 23rd arrival! So close, yet so far away! Can't wait to hear about all the early Feb. Trips from all those on the way down!

Congrads on getting your Magic Bands. Only four days away and I hope the weather cooperates for me to get out of here on time.

Here now and keeping Disney warm for everyone's arrival! So awesome! Even had my bday pin waiting for me upon check in!

In twenty-four hours we will be getting off of our flight in MCO! It's gonna be a great week.

16 hours (God willing) to wheels down in Orlando - lets just say the kids are just a little amped. Bottle of cab has been uncorked!

Here now and keeping Disney warm for everyone's arrival! So awesome! Even had my bday pin waiting for me upon check in!

That's great, Nancy! Glad you got there safe and sound!

January commitments now over, time for a weekend of relaxing, recharging, then diving head-first into Disney-Vacation-Mania!! Where is everyone seeing if their MagicBands have shipped?

That's great, Nancy! Glad you got there safe and sound!

January commitments now over, time for a weekend of relaxing, recharging, then diving head-first into Disney-Vacation-Mania!! Where is everyone seeing if their MagicBands have shipped?

I received an email from Disney Destinations that ours shipped. I have not, however, been able to track them through USPS yet.

We're on our way to the airport! We're leaving behind a "feels-like" temperature of -15F and we'll be at BWI by lunchtime! I'm so excited!!!!

We're on our way to the airport! We're leaving behind a "feels-like" temperature of -15F and we'll be at BWI by lunchtime! I'm so excited!!!!

Have a safe flight!

We are leaving this afternoon for the hotel at the airport! Woohoooooo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter