*-Official February 2015 Thread-*

Hello guys, newby here

I'm planning on going on february (jan 31st to feb 9). How far in advance should I make reservations for on offsite hotel? (I was planning on making reservations in October for double tree DTD, is this good?).

Also how safe is to walk at nights around the WDW area?

Thank you in advanced!:wave2:

We booked Saratoga. It will probably be crowded, but with FP+ I know that I can get the rides and shows that we really want. Splash Mountain will be down like it usually is. We aren't big thrill ride people so those rides aren't important for us to go on. Loved the convenience of BC to EPCOT and HS. When we stayed at BC we did Stormalong twice; we preferred the pool over at the villas.

Wow...y'all sound like us! LOL We are not big thrill ride people (well DH and I are but the boys aren't) so we tend to stick to the smaller rides and are usually done by lunch time and heading back to the pool. We used the FP+ system this past February and it was great! We were able to do everything we wanted and we didn't HAVE to arrive at the park right at opening. While I love rope drop it was nice to not rush in the mornings because having the FP+ I knew I was going to be able to ride our favorites without standing in line!

We are also considering doing a 3 days cruise during our trip....and if the weather is nice we may not do the parks that much and head to the waterparks!

I think we may go the QS route this time. My DD is turning 10 in the fall so she is officially a Disney adult. She still prefers the kids meals so I don't want to pay for an adult meal at a TS that she won't eat.

Wow...y'all sound like us! LOL We are not big thrill ride people (well DH and I are but the boys aren't) so we tend to stick to the smaller rides and are usually done by lunch time and heading back to the pool. We used the FP+ system this past February and it was great! We were able to do everything we wanted and we didn't HAVE to arrive at the park right at opening. While I love rope drop it was nice to not rush in the mornings because having the FP+ I knew I was going to be able to ride our favorites without standing in line!

We are also considering doing a 3 days cruise during our trip....and if the weather is nice we may not do the parks that much and head to the waterparks!

That is us. No waterparks though. I think only one is open in February. The cruise would be fun. We have done the Dream (4 nights) in February and it was awesome!

Who has thought about ADR's or has them planned?

I have most planned. Met with my travelling buddy today and confirmed the one's we want. We are not doing as many as we probably could but enough to keep us happy.
so far on the list:
BOG, Sanaa, California Grill, Tony's, Desert Party, Sci Fi and Chefs de France.
May decide on more but money is our main decider. Both decided to pick one we really wanted. Me- Sanaa. I loved it there last time. Her- California Grill.

Who has thought about ADR's or has them planned?

I'm always planning ADR's....even when I don't have a trip booked! We may not do the dining plan this trip. My step daughter is a picky eater so it's just not worth it for us if she comes along. We are better off just paying OOP for quick service meals or even eating light meals in our room.

That is us. No waterparks though. I think only one is open in February. The cruise would be fun. We have done the Dream (4 nights) in February and it was awesome!

Yep that's the downside of the winter...only 1 waterpark open. We did both waterparks last May and it was a blast!

Hi everyone! I'm jumping in here even though I'm not 100% sure this trip will pan out. I have always sworn I would never go over President's Week. Well, never say never lol. We want to run the GSC, and the kids have off that week, so I'm seriously considering this being our trip instead of an August one. We will be there until Feb. 23 - arrival is going to depend on a number of things - we could come as early at Feb. 13, but realistically I think we will avoid President's Weekend and come down Tuesday morning.

No clue on resorts yet. We usually stay at the BC, but I think this time I'm going to try to keep the budget a little lower. I'll see what runD is offering. Our favorite moderate is POFQ, and I was also thinking maybe WL.

Well, lots to think about! I made all my ADRs for our November trip and now I've got nothing to plan there for a few months, so I started thinking about February!

First timers planning the first week of Feb. Although we are flexible for Jan. too. Young kids and no school schedules. So overwhelmed with all things Disney.

We decided today that rather than use getting a LM room at AoA and my parents getting their own LM room, we'll all pile into a family suite together. They will only be staying 6 nights and we will be there 9, but even dividing costs fairly, it won't cost us much more per night and we'll have tons of extra room the nights they aren't there. We all lived together for 3 years, so it won't be an issue. :) It was my idea and my parents (and DH) love it. Our kids will be 5.5, about to turn 3, and 5 months. I think it will also make applying discounts and such easier, as I will be able to do the footwork and make the arrangements.

Would you all suggest booking our room as soon as prices become available and then waiting for discounts to come up and applying those as we can? I will likely be holding an annual pass by October. I wonder if we could get better discounts by waiting for Orbitz to have codes and discounts, but I also don't want to be out of luck for getting a room that we want. We are planning on Feb. 3-12 for us, and I don't know where exactly in there my parents will be with us.! We are so excited though

First timers planning the first week of Feb. Although we are flexible for Jan. too. Young kids and no school schedules. So overwhelmed with all things Disney.

Welcome!!! How exciting to be planning a first trip! There is a lot to consider, but you have plenty of time! How old are your kids?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We decided today that rather than use getting a LM room at AoA and my parents getting their own LM room, we'll all pile into a family suite together. They will only be staying 6 nights and we will be there 9, but even dividing costs fairly, it won't cost us much more per night and we'll have tons of extra room the nights they aren't there. We all lived together for 3 years, so it won't be an issue. :) It was my idea and my parents (and DH) love it. Our kids will be 5.5, about to turn 3, and 5 months. I think it will also make applying discounts and such easier, as I will be able to do the footwork and make the arrangements. Would you all suggest booking our room as soon as prices become available and then waiting for discounts to come up and applying those as we can? I will likely be holding an annual pass by October. I wonder if we could get better discounts by waiting for Orbitz to have codes and discounts, but I also don't want to be out of luck for getting a room that we want. We are planning on Feb. 3-12 for us, and I don't know where exactly in there my parents will be with us.! We are so excited though

I usually book as soon as I can and then change things around once discounts come out. It has always worked out well for me that way and since discounts won't come out before dining opens, having the reservation allows you to make ADRs at 180+10.

Welcome!!! How exciting to be planning a first trip! There is a lot to consider, but you have plenty of time! How old are your kids?

Yes, it is exciting but since I am the one doing all the planning, it is very overwhelming. I try to read blogs, 3-4 different forums, Disney's web site, and have requested a travel agent. It can get too much and I still have no concrete plans as to where we'll stay. My kids will be 3 and 5 at the time of travel.

Subscribing!
We are planning on Jan 30-Feb 7. Hoping to book Animal Kingdom Lodge at the 7 month window. It will be our 4th trip to WDW (we are west coasters). The first for our DD who is 5. Last time we were at WDW I was pregnant with her.

Things I need to decide:
1. ADR's
2. A special experience for each kid. I am thinking the sunrise safari for DS who will be 11 and one of the tea parties for DD.
3. Magic bands, fast passes and extra magic hours. I am hoping that I will be able to figure out extra magic early enough to coordinate fast passes? Anyone know when that information is released?

So excited to be going back and for this thread!

:banana: We are so excited to be going back to Disney in Feb. Our dates are Jan. 31st- Feb 7th. Me, DW, and DD haven't been since Sept. '09. We have never been in Feb. My daughter LOVES the pools at WDW and we are worried about the temps. I know that it is a crap shoot on temps, but could anyone tell me their thoughts about swimming during this time?:banana:

:banana: We are so excited to be going back to Disney in Feb. Our dates are Jan. 31st- Feb 7th. Me, DW, and DD haven't been since Sept. '09. We have never been in Feb. My daughter LOVES the pools at WDW and we are worried about the temps. I know that it is a crap shoot on temps, but could anyone tell me their thoughts about swimming during this time?:banana:

It is a crap shoot unfortunately. The winter months we've been are November, January and February. Unfortunately we've never had swimming weather on those trips. But you never know!

Thanks. I am hoping the temps will be great for touring and swimming! Is that too much to ask for our Magical Trip?

We always go the first week of February and we have gone swimming on every trip (but we're from Michigan so it doesn't have to be super warm to coax us in)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter