*-Official February 2015 Thread-*

I'm hoping for good swimming weather too. We chose a longer trip so we could have more relaxation time without feeling like we're missing out on things in the parks. I'm looking forward to doing all the planning for my parents too. They always spent so much time putting together our vacations when I was young, I'm looking forward to doing the same for them.

I like the idea of doing something special for each kid. We're planning on a couple character meals. Does anyone know, if I make a reservation for 7 and my parents decide not to join us, would we be penalized? Or can we just tell them only 5 are coming?

If we're taking a red eye flight and arriving very early in the morning, would it be a bad idea to schedule a character breakfast at a park that morning? From past experience I'm sure our rooms won't be ready until long after we arrive, but I'm wondering if I'm crazy to consider a reservation. I've read some horror stories about people trying to check in and having problem after problem, resulting in hours spent between arriving at the hotel and trying to actually go do anything.

:banana: We are so excited to be going back to Disney in Feb. Our dates are Jan. 31st- Feb 7th. Me, DW, and DD haven't been since Sept. '09. We have never been in Feb. My daughter LOVES the pools at WDW and we are worried about the temps. I know that it is a crap shoot on temps, but could anyone tell me their thoughts about swimming during this time?:banana:

We went this past Feb (2-9) and had TWO days that were warm enough (low 80s) to swim! The week for steadily cooler and rainier as it went on, but I was so thankful for those first two days of real warmth!

We went this past Feb (2-9) and had TWO days that were warm enough (low 80s) to swim! The week for steadily cooler and rainier as it went on, but I was so thankful for those first two days of real warmth!

Sorry should have read the week GOT steadily cooler :tired

Joining in...tentatively. Hoping to run the Princess Half and to be in the World from Feb 20-23 (maybe there on the 19th...everything's up in the air!).

So now I'm seriously considering moving our tentatively scheduled early feb. Trip to later in the month and run the princess half. Has anyone here done that race? Are the parks super crowded? I would feel bad making my family vacation on a weekend where we couldn't get the most bang for our buck!

I'm planning on running the princess half and generally the parks aren't anymore crowded than normal. Just more people with medals :-) Traffic however is worse for that time of year because of the road blocks around world drive. Haven't started planning that far yet. Need to get through my fall and winter trips first!!!

Following!!! Planning for February 7-13, 2015!!! Probably either AsSports or Pop. Can't wait for prices to come out. Already started planning ADR's!!

We just got back two days ago and we have our sights set on Feb 8-14, right over our 10 year anniversary and DD's birthday. We are kicking ourselves for not upgrading our 8 day tickets to AP's while we were in WDW last week!! I can't wait for the pricing to come out!!

After a week in the June heat ( I can't imagine August), we have decided that winter is now the time that we will visit, LOL! Is there a Facebook group for February yet?

Hi all! We have decided on the dates of January 31 - February 7th. This will be our first trip to Walt Disney World. Our DD will turn 7 on January 26th so we plan to make it a birthday celebration for her too. We haven't booked at any resort yet - waiting patiently for the 2015 rates and packages to be released - but I'm thinking a Mod or WL. Happy Planning! :)

add us to the list! going for 2 weeks, feb 1st to the 14th with out 3 kids (4 months, 2 and 7). we'll be staying at BC. SO excited.

Count us in....looking at Feb. 25th - Mar. 6th. This will be our second trip and I really hope they come out with some deals and include POR this time!!

Going February 22 - March 5, 2015
For our 20 year anniversary DH :cool2 & Me : princess:
Split stay POFQ/AKL Jambo

So now I'm seriously considering moving our tentatively scheduled early feb. Trip to later in the month and run the princess half. Has anyone here done that race? Are the parks super crowded? I would feel bad making my family vacation on a weekend where we couldn't get the most bang for our buck!

I'm planning on running the princess half and generally the parks aren't anymore crowded than normal. Just more people with medals :-) Traffic however is worse for that time of year because of the road blocks around world drive. Haven't started planning that far yet. Need to get through my fall and winter trips first!!!

We will be running as well! I'm hoping to do the GSC, and conveniently this falls at the end of my kids' February break, so I'm glad to hear it isn't too insanely crowded! I always thought President's week would be too crowded which is why I've shied away from it.

Does anyone know when the packages will be released? I think it was July 9th last year. I'm hoping they come out before registration.

We just got back two days ago and we have our sights set on Feb 8-14, right over our 10 year anniversary and DD's birthday. We are kicking ourselves for not upgrading our 8 day tickets to AP's while we were in WDW last week!! I can't wait for the pricing to come out!!

After a week in the June heat ( I can't imagine August), we have decided that winter is now the time that we will visit, LOL! Is there a Facebook group for February yet?

I looked for one, but didn't find anything. I find the FB groups so much easier to navigate than the Disboards these days!

Didn't think we'd be having a 2015 trip, but looks like we are in for 1/31-2/7. :cool1:

Now, if only they'd put up the packages so I can get this show on the road. :rotfl:

Originally thought we were going to book January 30-February 7th. It was less points to go January 16-23 so we are officially NOT going in February but in January 2015 to WDW!!! Don't worry we won't use all the magic up for your February folks!

ARGH! Anyone else having a hard time waiting to do their planning? I feel like I can't do anything, while I wait for prices, hours, airfares etc. to post. Last night we actually looked into switching our dates to early December, but were shot down by my mother, who has a school play at some point that month. Not that that has stopped her from going at that time of year before… I can't really make a proper budget without prices. Blah. :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter