Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted)

As excited as I am to see a new coaster, I am very upset about Snow White closing. There are some people in my family who won't ride coasters and it seems like more and more rides that everyone in the family can ride are being closed and replaced with thrill rides or mildly intense rides that not everyone can ride. I like seeing new coasters but not at the expense of tamer rides. Sadly this seems to be an industry standard now since lots of other non Disney parks are also taking out tame family rides and replacing them with coasters or other thrill rides.

168589_704516401594_27302723_38083397_1642112_n.jpg

For those who might want a better idea of where stuff is going to be, I added lables to the concept art with my best guess on where stuff is (sorry about the size, it won't let me make it any bigger).

Ok so there are 3 new things i noticed in the press release..

If you notice int he overview of the New* FLE
Pixie hallow is gone...
There is no mention on this in the release.. but you can tell the there are tents where pixie hallow was to be...

NEWFLE.jpg

2nd
There is a new ride.. the mine ride is now FACT!
As much i would have liked to see Sleeping beauty and cinderella M&G
I look forward to the new ride..

newride.jpg

3rd.. Princess hall
I HATE HATE this:mad:
Snow white's ride should be left alone... Thery are taking away one of only a few rides that the WHOLE family can ride...
Leave the princess at expo hall or.... ad a place for instead of the extra tents at dumbo.... Or inclose the fairytale gardernsand put them there
But PLEASE do not take away snow white's ride...:sad2:
fantasyland-rendering3.jpg

I don't think the Snow White coaster is going to be a thrill ride as some of you believe... the press release calls it a "family coaster." My guess is it will be more like a dark ride with some faster-moving sections.

Love it! I am glad Snow White is closing as I never got that ride and a new coaster would be great. The Ariel ride gives something for everyone...I see that as the Snow White replacement.

I did like the idea of the Pixie Hollow in the original design...not just for meet and great but lots of fun to do with the fairies...sad not to see them developed more!

Love love LOVE the revisions to FLE. I won't miss the Scary Adventures of Snow White in the least. It was an ugly carnie ride at best and was indeed scary for younger kids. It was a waste of space and dumping it for a better ride for Snow White is fantastic.

I was down on Staggs but this is a step in the right direction to me. Time will tell of course but I'm a lot more optimistic than I was this time last year.

For those who might want a better idea of where stuff is going to be, I added lables to the concept art with my best guess on where stuff is (sorry about the size, it won't let me make it any bigger).

Hmm according to the Inside the Magic link, the Storybook circus is the Dumbo Section. Which makes me wonder what those other tents are?

Also, there seems to be a lot of unused space next to the Mine Coaster. I wonder if they will be using that for anything?

Hmm according to the Inside the Magic link, the Storybook circus is the Dumbo Section. Which makes me wonder what those other tents are?

Probably that big gift shop that's already there will remain. There are also supposed to be "interactive games" and junk -- my guess is they will be under those tents to keep with the circus theme.

I wonder how the rope drop rushes will be? I guess they won't rival TSM because people wil be splitting up between Ariel, Mine Coaster and I guess Dumbo still. Or maybe Dumbo will get downgraded from rope drop hysteria?

I like all the additions including getting rid of Snow Whites adventure. I'm pretty certain Disney did research prior to making the decision to demolish it. Little Mermaid and a Princess Restaurant just wasn't enough to warrant the title "grand fabulous NEW Fantasyland." They needed more new rides so good for them. I also like the idea that they aren't including Pixie Hollow. Did not like that at all.

Wonder can anyone compare/contrast to previous FLE? I am wondering what all is added besides obvious SW roller coaster and deleted?

Where's Peter Pan, Small World, and Philharmagic positioned when compared to the big overview map? To the lower left? If so, are they going to be walled off from the rest of Fantasyland?

Ah, thanks to the poster below, the old FLE pic answered the question.

I wonder if they'll upgrade the movie in Philharmagic? I can't ever see them removing Small World or Peter Pan though.

i see a HUGE open area where the Princesses could've had their meet and greet, without taking away SWSA. it looks like the coaster goes through part of it, but there still seems like space is available.

Anyone know if the Little Mermaid show at DHS will close or re-purpose once the ride-though attraction opens at the MK?

And according to the 1/18 press release, the new FL will have a "Gaston's Tavern". Sounds like it would have been a good idea if they had decided go serve pewter or ceramic mugs of ale! But in a "dry" MK, I'm not sure I see the point. Sounds like the new FL will be very "chick oriented". Disney Dads sure would have appreciated getting a nice cold one at Gaston's to take the edge off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter