Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted)

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Lorilais_mommie, Feb 10, 2010.

1. mommylovespoly

mommylovespoly Earning My Ears

LOL! I bought a Tangled toddler doll at my local Disney store when the site was sold out and they were going for >$50 on eBay and Amazon. There were three left in the store, and when I bought mine I told the salesperson what they were selling for online and the two women in line behind me bought one each-- we cleaned them out in minutes! The store manager told me that they had not even been able to unpack the dolls-- just as I saw myself they were selling right out of the crate off the floor behind the wrap desk...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mom2rtk

mom2rtk My, what red cheeks you have, Santa!

I don't know. I think when you say it makes you want to puke....... others might construe that as being...... shall we say........ slightly critical.

4. SeeJackRunn

SeeJackRunn Mouseketeer

In what way is Tangled a flop? It is WDAS's biggest opening ever and has already grossed more than $250 million worldwide in less than a month. Even if that wasn't the case, it was still an amazing movie.

5. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

I noticed the owner of this thread has not logged into Dis since Dec. 3rd, which was prior to the recent FLE announcement.

Recognizing that the first post is now outdated, I started a second part to this thread to continue building information.

This thread obviously doesn't have to end, just wanted to provide a place with all recent information grouped together!

Official Fantasyland Expansion Q&A Part II

6. kwitcherkicken99

kwitcherkicken99 <font color=deeppink>Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEI

Chiming in too... darn good to see you back around these parts. We had tremendous success on our trip with your help. ;)

7. Pjimmeyer

Pjimmeyer 1000th Happy Haunt

Tangled DEFINITELY has legs (staying power...still running down and passing new releases in their first week or two). Still 6th in the daily rankings after over a month...over $272 million worldwide as of 12/29 and counting. And that's before the merchandising. Disney is extremely pleased with what Tangled is doing. It won't be a mega superstar performer like TS3 but it definitely qualifies as a big success.

8. The.Epcot.Man

The.Epcot.Man Mouseketeer

I would love to see a Tron ride at HS or in Tomorrowland. They need one...it's an epic film and the sequal is really popular as well!

9. LUVMICKEY

LUVMICKEY DIS Veteran

Wow, we would love this.

10. jmkjr72

jmkjr72 DIS Veteran

well considering universal owns the rights to the marvel charaters east of the mississippi they cant use them at wdw

11. Turk February

Turk February DIS Veteran

Tangled and Princess and the Frog are not flops at all. Does Tiana and Rapunzel have staying power as far as characters? I don't think so, no. It feels like Disney tries to force them on us.

But as far as financially successful movies go, neither flopped. Princess and the Frog had a production budget of $105 million and grossed $267 million worldwide. And that's just box office. That doesn't count merchandise, DVDs, etc.

Tangled, as a few have pointed out already, has surpassed expectations. Most in the industry estimated it would gross $125 domestic and it just passed $150. It's the only movie to get an A+ from CinemaScore ALL YEAR. It's already grossed $272 million worldwide with a budget of $260 million.

Flops? No. Overall staying power as characters like Snow White, Ariel, Cinderella, Aurora or Belle? Probably not (IMO).

12. humboldthny

humboldthny DIS Veteran

Dh and I talked about this while we were watching the movie - it would be a fantastic fit for DHS and has some great potential as a new thrill ride.

And as far as Tangled goes....my dd (now 7) was never a huge princess fan, and had completely ditched the princesses when she was about 5 - after seeing Tangled she now says Rapunzel is her favorite princess and, trust me, it wasn't easy finding the Maximus plush this Christmas...sold out on line and found it in the store only because I got there first thing in the morning when they were restocking. They had sold out the day before.

13. justakrazymom

justakrazymom DIS Veteran

Ditto.. my daughter ( also 7) was never a princess fan and has never wanted anything to do with them.. saw Tangled and LOVED it and she is very into Rapunzel.. heck even my 5 and 8 year old sons loved the movie!

14. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Definitely not a flop. But did you know a lot of the now Disney classics were flops?

Take a look at my signature. I thought it would be fun to make you puke! :thumbsup2

Well there is!!! Good news.. The Tronorail! Great fun too! :rotfl2:

15. Caretames1

Caretames1 Mom & Crazed Planner

Clean-up on Isle 4 :lmao::lmao::lmao:

16. mom2rtk

mom2rtk My, what red cheeks you have, Santa!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Happy New Year Jen!

17. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Thanks Janet...You too! :dance3:

18. Lorilais_mommie

Lorilais_mommie " They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the

Hey there
    thanks for starting part II..
    sorry it had been so long... between our trip, the whole family getting sick, and the holidays i could not find any time to read back through that pages and add the updates to the 1st page....
    It has been been crazy.... however DD 4 goes back to school tomorrow, dh goes back to work.. so i should have some time to add what saw.. and I was able to get some good info on whats going to happen..
    see you all tomorrow :)

19. Lorilais_mommie

The 1st page was updated...
    i didn't have time to read through every post since i left on my trip...
    If i forgot anything please let me know..

20. Lorilais_mommie

now has for what i saw and hear from my trip..

you can see work being done from dumbo..
    (sorry no pics DD wouldnt stop going up and down:confused3)

they seem to be doing most the work on TLM Ride..
    I think they maybe trying to get the rides' frame work done by the time toontown closes..

I was able to talk to a few CMs, one of which really seem to know what was going on.. ( also the only cm i saw wearing a check blue shirt / soild light blue & nice black coat??? maybe a higher ranting CM?? )

He was able to talk to me from about 20min why DH was getting FP..

He told me about Tinkerbelle:tinker: moving to DHS and then on the epcot..
    This MAY NOT where they will end up... It made it sound as if the Pixie area was almost off table if not scrapped all together..
    And that placing them in DHS and then Epcot was a way of testing to see how guests react..

Mickey and Minnies houses:
    (Quote) " Mickey has house is in DisneyLand & would rather sleep in cinderella's castle on vacation. Wouldn't you??" (unquote)
    he would say nothing else on that topic.. :rotfl2:
    sorry i guess its a tight lip sercet..

Railroad..
    I was told that they are doing everything they can to keep it open..
    They DO NOT want to close it if they can avoid it..

21. djthereplay

djthereplay Mouseketeer

Um, whoever reported that ToonTown will close early this year is absolutly CORRECT !!! The Announcment is on The Official Walt Disney World Website that Mickey's Toontown Fair WILL Close in February 12th of This Year.

So Please, If you can and want to visit Mickey and Minnie Mouse's House and Donald Duck's Boat, You are better off trying to get in there close to .... NOW !!!

Thanks !,

- Dwight