Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted)

Anyone know if the Little Mermaid show at DHS will close or re-purpose once the ride-though attraction opens at the MK?

And according to the 1/18 press release, the new FL will have a "Gaston's Tavern". Sounds like it would have been a good idea if they had decided go serve pewter or ceramic mugs of ale! But in a "dry" MK, I'm not sure I see the point. Sounds like the new FL will be very "chick oriented". Disney Dads sure would have appreciated getting a nice cold one at Gaston's to take the edge off!

Good point. Perhaps things will change with this restaurant.

For those who might want a better idea of where stuff is going to be, I added lables to the concept art with my best guess on where stuff is (sorry about the size, it won't let me make it any bigger).

I see Belle's Cottage is labeled. Why does Belle still get a cottage but the other cottages are gone?

Edit: Found my answer. They are just giving Beauty and the Beast a section all onto itself with a village and keeping the old concept of having Belle tell the story. Much like Olivander's in Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Anyone know if the Little Mermaid show at DHS will close or re-purpose once the ride-though attraction opens at the MK?

And according to the 1/18 press release, the new FL will have a "Gaston's Tavern". Sounds like it would have been a good idea if they had decided go serve pewter or ceramic mugs of ale! But in a "dry" MK, I'm not sure I see the point. Sounds like the new FL will be very "chick oriented". Disney Dads sure would have appreciated getting a nice cold one at Gaston's to take the edge off!

As much as I'd love a brew in MK, I don't see it happening.

I updated the 1st page with the new info..
I also add some pics..
If i forgot something please let me know..

I can see DHS closing TLM show
To make way for the highly talked about Monsters inc coaster.. or CARSLAND!
Its a fact that the imagineers have something in the works.. but it's still int he idea phase.
an expansion for pixiar place and DHS is very BADLY needed

(Ps. Keep your eyes open for TLM Gets Evicted):rotfl2:

as for "gastons tavern" I would think we are going to see alcohol sold here..
The money alone that dinsey could make off it, is why i think we will see it..

as for "gastons tavern" I would think we are going to see alcohol sold here..
The money alone that dinsey could make off it, is why i think we will see it..

Not gonna happen. If it was about money, they'd be selling beer in MK already. They already have a tavern without beer -- Liberty Tree. Not to mention an Italian restaurant without wine (Tony & Tina's) and probably the world's only castle without a wine cellar!

I didn't realize Storytime with Belle was an existing attraction, but now that you mention it by name, it sounds familiar. :)

Its was closed.. a few months back to make room for tangled.
However after the years it had been out, it still pulled a big crowd..
so they wanted to Make a bigger space for it.. and update the show..
I can't wait to see how they do that..
Something about traveling from the cottage to the beast castle.. :confused3

Plus it will fit better where they have it planned

Not gonna happen. If it was about money, they'd be selling beer in MK already. They already have a tavern without beer -- Liberty Tree. Not to mention an Italian restaurant without wine (Tony & Tina's) and probably the world's only castle without a wine cellar!

Your right, i didn't think about that...
Its going to be a big upset for all those parents stuck in the new fantasyland
with those lines reaching 150min+

Going to guess that the "open" area next to the mine train coaster will be a playground area. There really does need to be a playground type area in there for the kiddies. The Pooh playground and Ariel water play area are sorely missed. :)

Does anyone know what will be completed in phase one? We are planning a trip for Thanksgiving 2012. I am really excited about the 7 Dwarfs mine ride, but sad about the Scary Adventures of Snow White. It was not one of my favorite rides, but it feels like they are removing pieces of my childhood. I still have not fully gotten over the loss of Mr. Toad.

I read through the releases and aren't seeing where you got that the railroad would be closed? I'm hoping it's open in Sept!

I read through the releases and aren't seeing where you got that the railroad would be closed? I'm hoping it's open in Sept!

In the original press release several years ago it was announced the Walt Disney Railroad would be closed during part of the expansion. But they didn't give any dates.

In the original press release several years ago it was announced the Walt Disney Railroad would be closed during part of the expansion. But they didn't give any dates.

On our last trip there.. I was told that they are doing everything to keep it open...
It think they are going to need to close it for the re-theming of the train stop.
during that time they should bring over everything they will need for the rest of the FLE.

Why? I don't see a need for playgrounds in a theme park full of rides.

Playgrounds are INVALUABLE for parents!! Yes, there is a park full of rides, but kids are stuck in the lines for said rides, then they're sitting for most of them. Playgrounds provide a place to expend some of that (neverending) energy. They can run around, climb and let loose a little. And I'm sure those without children (and most of those with) would rather have them doing that in a somewhat enclosed space than in the already crowded walkways, queues or restaurants.

playgrounds are nice. i just assumed that there would be one over in the Storybook Circus area. i'm sure they'll have a huge shop over there as well. but there seems to be some open space. and around Dumbo, in the individual pictures on that link, it looked like there were some play areas as well.

maybe there will be enough outcry that SWSA can be saved. sorry. i know there are some who don't mind to see it go. but i'm not one of them. i'd love to see it and the Dwarves mine coaster. i think i would be happier with a re-themed dark ride there versus a meet and greet.

and they should put Snow White and two dwarves greeting in the cottage area. it doesn't look like the cottage is part of the queue, based on the drawings. of course, those are just drawings. but they could rotate which dwarves greet, so you'd have a chance to meet different ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter