OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont even know where to start, I have never ordered a cake at Disney World. I could look at all the pretty cakes for days. We will be going to Disney in February and I thought about ordering an early birthday cake for my godchild.

I do not want to spend much, and would rather stay $50 or below. She loves just plain white cake/van icing. I saw the simple cakes for around $30. Is there anything else around my price range that is more "kiddie". She would be happy with a simple cake with just a disney character on it. I just want her to feel special and have a little something for her as a surprise.

Any ideas would help! :) Thanks!

We were at WDW for oldest DDs Sweet 16 about 18 months ago. I ordered thru WL Club Level. However, if you order thru the cake line you will be able to get one. Here is the info I was just given by the BWI Club Level for ordering cakes "You must contact the Cake Hotline at least 24 hours in advance. I would suggest doing it as soon as you can. Their phone number is: 407-827-2253. You will be sent through a phone tree and must choose the location and name of your restaurant to be connected to the right person."

When I ordered DDs cake 18 months ago my requests were 1)chocolate and chocolate 2)Tinker Bell 3)under $50. I was extremely pleased. I believe the cake ended up at $42 with tax. The cake was a very good size, very delicious, and adorable. I would love to post a picture, but I'm technologically challenged :confused:. I might be able to send it private message if you like, or if someone could instruct me, I could post here.

I am sorry if this was asked. With the BW Bakery being closed are there alternate options to have a custom cake delivered to the room at BWV's on April 18?

The pastrymaking has probably just moved to the resort kitchen. If you call BWI private dining, they can tell you what your options are (see Post #2).

I am looking at a cake based on iasw attraction. So something with the dolls, colors, etc. just a peanut allergy which I indicated in the email. I am thinking we will have to go eight inch. Has anyone ever done an iasw cake?

This Disney bride recently had a Small World-themed cake made by the Grand Floridian that you might like: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46823270&postcount=966

Just placed an order for a mini cake at CRT for our anniv. on Valentine's Day.
It will be chocolate cake, with white icing, and a white chocolate castle topper. Super excited, but was really caught off guard with the $63 quote I was given. Just seems a little steep for a mini cake.

Could be the white chocolate topper. Did you ask for fondant? That also drives the price up.

I would love to post a picture, but I'm technologically challenged :confused:. I might be able to send it private message if you like, or if someone could instruct me, I could post here.

First you need to upload the photo to a photo sharing site like www.photobucket.com. Then look for the IMG code (a link surrounded by

We were at WDW for oldest DDs Sweet 16 about 18 months ago. I ordered thru WL Club Level. However, if you order thru the cake line you will be able to get one. Here is the info I was just given by the BWI Club Level for ordering cakes "You must contact the Cake Hotline at least 24 hours in advance. I would suggest doing it as soon as you can. Their phone number is: 407-827-2253. You will be sent through a phone tree and must choose the location and name of your restaurant to be connected to the right person."

When I ordered DDs cake 18 months ago my requests were 1)chocolate and chocolate 2)Tinker Bell 3)under $50. I was extremely pleased. I believe the cake ended up at $42 with tax. The cake was a very good size, very delicious, and adorable. I would love to post a picture, but I'm technologically challenged :confused:. I might be able to send it private message if you like, or if someone could instruct me, I could post here.

Thanks so much! I will have to call and see what they can do! I would love to see a picture if possible!

Thanks to all who gave me some help/ideas with cake ordering. Just hear back from Brian this morning. He quoted me $75, ten dollars higher than my budget, but, oh well. It will be an It's a Small World cake. I found a picture on the original cake gallery thread and he'll go from that. Vanilla with vanilla custard filling. They are accommodating our peanut allergy. We'll have it delivered to the room at BLT upon check in. This has been really easy and fun so far. I'd like to post a picture of the cake that I drew inspiration from, but I don't know how.

Just returned from another wonderfully magical trip! We had a delicious meal at California Grill followed by this great cake!

What: Mini-"wedding" cake
As Ordered: White fondant outside, edible snowflakes, chocolate cake and peanut butter cup filling
Cost: $50
Delivered to California Grill

Loved this cake and it was so good! I forgot to take a close up shot until after I had already cut into it, but it was beautiful. The people sitting next to us were in love with it too!

cake3_zps60e3873d.jpg

cake2_zps04ae1d47.jpg

cake1_zps80af14b9.jpg

I LOVE this cake! Going for my bday next year and I am thinking this is a must do! :)

I want to order my DD a specialty cake to celebrate her graduation. I was planning on having it delivered to our dinner at Be Our Guest, but now I've read that I can't get a specialty cake delivered to BOG. Anyone know for sure if I can or cannot get a specialty cake for our BOG dinner?

Thanks lurkyloo, but it's a picture off the cake gallery thread--not one of mine. I just want to link to that one post. Still need photbucket? Sorry, I'm technically challenged.

Because the thread is closed, you can't just quote it, copy the quote and paste it here. You could right-click and save the pic to your computer, then upload it to Photobucket and post it that way.

Or, if you just want to link us to the post containing the photo, click on the little #[X] number of the post in the upper right-hand corner to open just that post in a new tab/window, and then copy that link and paste it here. :thumbsup2

I want to order my DD a specialty cake to celebrate her graduation. I was planning on having it delivered to our dinner at Be Our Guest, but now I've read that I can't get a specialty cake delivered to BOG. Anyone know for sure if I can or cannot get a specialty cake for our BOG dinner?

People are being told no right now, probably because they're still figuring out operation of the restaurant and maybe because of the whole counter-service-to-table-service arrangement. But that doesn't mean they mightn't eventually offer delivery to BOG. I say keep checking—if they do change the policy, you can order as few as 48 hours before the date you need it. :goodvibes

Received a call from Private Dining this morning. (Very surprising for a Sunday) They wanted to go over my order, because they had some questions.
I ended up with a white two tiered chocolate cake with chocolate filling. It will also include a white chocolate Cinderella's Castle.
Total Cost - $50 :cheer2:
Not the - $63 that I was originally quoted.

We are so happy with the cake that Pat and the crew at GF came up with for our DS's birthday. I ordered a 6 in. yellow cake with vanilla buttercream filling. I simply asked for a surfing Stitch theme and left it up to them. Here is what was delivered:

image_zps762fe8b5.jpg
[/IMG]

image_zpsee663bf8.jpg
[/IMG]

The cost was $66 and we are so pleased with what that got us. We expected the 2D white chocolate Stitch on a surf board but the painted white chocolate palm tree and all of the seashells were a very pleasant surprise. And the cake is delicious!!

Has anyone seen any pics of cakes done at disney with a disney transportation theme? My little guy will be celebrating his bday at WDW and LOVES all things that have to do with the monorail, buses, trams, trains and boats. My husband and I always joke that next time we shouldn't bother with park tickets we could just ride disney transpo all week and my son would be trilled!

I would like to get my 11 year old a birthday cake while we dine at Kona Cafe , what kind of choices do I have and also how do I order one...Thanks

Has anyone seen any pics of cakes done at disney with a disney transportation theme? My little guy will be celebrating his bday at WDW and LOVES all things that have to do with the monorail, buses, trams, trains and boats. My husband and I always joke that next time we shouldn't bother with park tickets we could just ride disney transpo all week and my son would be trilled!

The Contemporary has a white chocolate monorail for about 50 bucks. Maybe they could put it atop a blue cake with boats around the sides or something like that...? Heck, maybe your son would be happy with just the monorail! :goodvibes

I would like to get my 11 year old a birthday cake while we dine at Kona Cafe , what kind of choices do I have and also how do I order one...Thanks

See Post # 2. :thumbsup2

Maybe they could put it atop a blue cake with boats around the sides or something like that

When I spoke to Chef Brian, he said they can't combine themes or add it to a cake. The monorail amenity has to stay separate and can't venture away from how they sell it -- truffles and all.

So I'm surprising DH with a birthday trip at the end of February. I've been eyeing these cake threads for over a year, and I'm quite tempted!

Can they do the flavor fillings in the 6" cakes? The raspberry looks amazing, but it's just the two of us on this trip.

I keep seeing gratuity costs mentioned with the final costs of the cakes. Is the gratuity added automatically and what percentage is it, or is it at the orderer's discretion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter