OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
:)Hello All - Just wanted to add my experience here. I have been debating about what to order and where for my son's 7th birthday at the end of next month. I have also been making and changing ADR's for same reason.

I finally decided that he will be most happy with a cake, no matter where that cake is, as long as he has a cake on his birthday. To him, birthday means cake. And Disney. So we will be having it delivered to our room the morning of his big day.

He mentioned to us last week when we were talking about the birthday trip that he hopes he can get a Wreck It Ralph Cake. I said that that sounded like fun, but that I don't know what kind of cakes Disney World might have. :rolleyes1

I had emailed the IPO back in December (we are staying CL at WL) and asked if they could help us order a cake to our room. They said they would be happy to help us order one to be delivered there. Last night I emailed them again to say I was ready to order and here were my specs:

A 6 inch, white cake with white buttercream frosting (No fondant), nothing too fancy, and if possible a Wreck it Ralph picture on it and delivered to our room for breakfast on his birthday. Failing Wreck it Ralph, I asked for just a colorful cake with primary colors and Mickey on it. I specified less than $50.

I got a reply today that the cake has been ordered and that the bakery is trying to locate a Wreck It Ralph picture, but if not, Mickey will definitely not be a problem. The cost is $39.

Hoping everything turns out okay, but honestly, he will just be happy it is cake. :)

:)Hello All - Just wanted to add my experience here. I have been debating about what to order and where for my son's 7th birthday at the end of next month. I have also been making and changing ADR's for same reason.

I finally decided that he will be most happy with a cake, no matter where that cake is, as long as he has a cake on his birthday. To him, birthday means cake. And Disney. So we will be having it delivered to our room the morning of his big day.

He mentioned to us last week when we were talking about the birthday trip that he hopes he can get a Wreck It Ralph Cake. I said that that sounded like fun, but that I don't know what kind of cakes Disney World might have. :rolleyes1

I had emailed the IPO back in December (we are staying CL at WL) and asked if they could help us order a cake to our room. They said they would be happy to help us order one to be delivered there. Last night I emailed them again to say I was ready to order and here were my specs:

A 6 inch, white cake with white buttercream frosting (No fondant), nothing too fancy, and if possible a Wreck it Ralph picture on it and delivered to our room for breakfast on his birthday. Failing Wreck it Ralph, I asked for just a colorful cake with primary colors and Mickey on it. I specified less than $50.

I got a reply today that the cake has been ordered and that the bakery is trying to locate a Wreck It Ralph picture, but if not, Mickey will definitely not be a problem. The cost is $39.

Hoping everything turns out okay, but honestly, he will just be happy it is cake. :)

I bet they can find an image with Ralph to put on the white chocolate. Hope the cake is great for your DS

The cakes in the photos look to be at least 8 inches, if not 10, so hopefully it's just a matter of size./QUOTE]

This was Brian's response - which makes perfect sense. "The reason wasn’t that we couldn’t do a cake like the ones in the photos you provided. I can’t combine the over the hill theme and the monorail theme as our monorails do not ever appear in our resorts or parks that way. I can do a monorail cake for you though. The monorail would have to be standing up in front of the cake. As a 6” cake will not accommodate that sized topper.

So I'll be officially ordering the OTH cake next week so I don't think about it anymore as I can't let him off the hook that easy with a monorail one. =)

Placed my order yesterday for DD'S mini 2 tier cake at our CRT birthday breakfast. I specified pink buttercream frosting with darker pink Mickey head dots adorning the sides and some sort of princessy topper - maybe a princess cone hat with Mickey ears? Chocolate with peanut butter cup filling. Chef Brian quoted me $40. Can't wait to see it!!

That sounds great!!! Could you post a picture of it after your trip when you have a chance. We are staying Poly CL and I think I will try to go through them too! Thank you for the post. Enjoy your trip

Placed my order yesterday for DD'S mini 2 tier cake at our CRT birthday breakfast. I specified pink buttercream frosting with darker pink Mickey head dots adorning the sides and some sort of princessy topper - maybe a princess cone hat with Mickey ears? Chocolate with peanut butter cup filling. Chef Brian quoted me $40. Can't wait to see it!!

Please post pictures when you have a chance after your trip. This sounds like something I might do this one!!!

Wanted to know what you opinions were. Celebrating my son's 3rd birthday at Disney this yr. Was wondering what restaurant you would recommend ? I'm definitely special ordering his cake. Thanks in advanced

Rachael

Wanted to know what you opinions were. Celebrating my son's 3rd birthday at Disney this yr. Was wondering what restaurant you would recommend ? I'm definitely special ordering his cake. Thanks in advanced

Rachael

Who is his favorite character? I'd let that direct me. My DGD's is, and always has been, Mickey. She loves the Princesses as much an any girl. But nothing makes her light up like the Main Mouse. That directed me to book her birthday cake to be delivered at Chef Mickey's.

017_zps511f233b.jpg

Just got back and I thought I'd post a picture of our Cars themed cake. I had this delivered to our Cars suite at the Art of Animation resort. I wanted a Cars/Rusteez themed cake just as a way to poke fun at my husband for his 40th birthday. I wasn't too specific with directions. I just asked for a Cars theme with a big number 40 on it and I asked them to incorporate the Rusteez quote from the movie on a white chocolate plaquard. It was an 8 inch vanilla with white chocolate mouse filling. I had originally asked for buttercream only because I didn't want to pay for fondant and I wasn't sure my kids would like the taste of it anyway, but I was pleasantly surprised when I received a fondant cake. I was also pleasantly surprised that the fondant tasted really good and my kids liked it. Overall I was happy with what I got. I wasn't happy however, with the resort delivery. I asked for it to be delivered at 8pm on our arrival day and had to make several calls to the front desk to inquire about it. For a while they couldn't find it and it didn't arrive until after 9pm. By then we were too tired to eat it. Oh well. It was $74 total including delivery and tip.

Hey everyone!

I am pretty new to this site for the most part, I don't post much but I definitely love to read about these cakes! So much so that I was inspired to order one for my mother's birthday dinner in EPCOT about 2 weeks ago. We had the cake delivered to our table at Le Cellier and it was a hit! The staff were telling me how much they loved the cake and they had all taken pictures of it before they brought it out! She is a huge Snow White fan so I worked out some ideas with Theresa over in the Yacht & Beach Club Bakery to really knock this one out of the park. I gave her a pic I found online of a cupcake liner that was made to resemble Snow White's dress and told her I would love to have a red candy apple placed on top with a quote from the movie. We went with 2x 8" vanilla cake with fondant icing and chocolate buttercream filling, it was FAR from dry and tasted outrageous! This cake exceeded my expectations, was definitely within my budget and made my mother sooo happy! It was so perfect! I am absolutely going to do this again when I come back to WDW!:hyper:

I just need to figure out how to post a picture of this thing!

FIGURED IT OUT! PICS BELOW!

Hey everyone!

I am pretty new to this site for the most part, I don't post much but I definitely love to read about these cakes! So much so that I was inspired to order one for my mother's birthday dinner in EPCOT about 2 weeks ago. We had the cake delivered to our table at Le Cellier and it was a hit! The staff were telling me how much they loved the cake and they had all taken pictures of it before they brought it out! She is a huge Snow White fan so I worked out some ideas with Theresa over in the Yacht & Beach Club Bakery to really knock this one out of the park. I gave her a pic I found online of a cupcake liner that was made to resemble Snow White's dress and told her I would love to have a red candy apple placed on top with a quote from the movie. We went with 2x 8" vanilla cake with fondant icing and chocolate buttercream filling, it was FAR from dry and tasted outrageous! This cake exceeded my expectations, was definitely within my budget and made my mother sooo happy! It was so perfect! I am absolutely going to do this again when I come back to WDW!:hyper:

I just need to figure out how to post a picture of this thing!

IMG_96982_zps04f29560.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_9734_zpsf7786211.jpg
[/IMG]

Here is the cake we had delivered to Whispering Canyon. It was vanilla cake, vanilla custard filling and butter cream icing. It was moist, and tasted delish, and the girls loved the plastic figurines on top! Price was $62

IMAG1055_zps4612d6e6.jpg

IMAG1054_zpsac4a041e.jpg

IMAG1056_zps9fb32eb5.jpg

Just got back and I thought I'd post a picture of our Cars themed cake. I had this delivered to our Cars suite at the Art of Animation resort. I wanted a Cars/Rusteez themed cake just as a way to poke fun at my husband for his 40th birthday. I wasn't too specific with directions. I just asked for a Cars theme with a big number 40 on it and I asked them to incorporate the Rusteez quote from the movie on a white chocolate plaquard. It was an 8 inch vanilla with white chocolate mouse filling. I had originally asked for buttercream only because I didn't want to pay for fondant and I wasn't sure my kids would like the taste of it anyway, but I was pleasantly surprised when I received a fondant cake. I was also pleasantly surprised that the fondant tasted really good and my kids liked it. Overall I was happy with what I got. I wasn't happy however, with the resort delivery. I asked for it to be delivered at 8pm on our arrival day and had to make several calls to the front desk to inquire about it. For a while they couldn't find it and it didn't arrive until after 9pm. By then we were too tired to eat it. Oh well. It was $74 total including delivery and tip.

This is so cute! Did you order this from the main cake hotline?

Has anyone had any experience getting cakes from somewhere else delivered to the AKL or one of their restaurants? I see it says under AKL, it MIGHT be possible and I was wondering if anyone has tried it yet with good results?
Thanks.

Just another thing as well. I've seen different height cakes for a 6 inch cake, some are taller and have more layers. I was wondering do they ask you how many layers you want when you ask for a 6 inch cake. I just need the smallest one as there are only five of us. I was just wondering if they just pick based on your price or if you can ask for only one or two layers of cake.
Thanks.

I know this may have been asked, but if I want to order just a basic cake for my sons birthday breakfast at Chef Mickeys, do I call Chef Mickeys or the Contemporary Resort? Do they bring the cake out to him during our breakfast or do we have to pick it up somewhere? I know it is possible they might bring him a cup cake, but my daughter would be upset. (Yes, it is HIS birthday, but her birthday is a month before our trip and this is a trip gift to both even though we will be there on my sons birthday and he will get the birthday pin).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter