OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by lurkyloo, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy DIS Veteran

I'm having a mousse filling done on the cake I'm ordering for DH (6")

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pigget74

pigget74 DVC Beach Club Villas

I had trouble with Chef Brian combining items as well. I called Pat at Grand Floridian and she said it was no problem. Not sure on where you are eating, but I changed our location to get the cake I wanted.

4. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy DIS Veteran

Thank you - we're staying at the Contemporary and having it delivered to the room first thing in a.m. I would've liked done what I requested -- but understand he can't, so I'm just going to order the cake and I'm sure DH will love it. :)

5. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

The cake I have a quote for is a 6" cake with white chocolate mouse and fresh strawberry filling. It's being done by Contemporary bakery

6. jcemom

jcemom Official Tag Fairy Assistant

When our cake was brought out at Crystal Palace there was not an automatic gratuity added to our check. However, since the cost of the cake was included in our total bill I did still feel obligated to tip for it.

7. stargazertechie

stargazertechie Toy Story Midway Maniac

How much is your quote, out of curiosity

8. tarheelmjfan

tarheelmjfan <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue>

That's odd. I've seen a white chocolate monorail on a cake w/o truffles. I thought it was from the Contemporary, but I could be wrong.

9. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

An 18% gratuity is added when you have the cake delivered to your room by Private Dining (just like when you have any other room service meal).

The only time gratuity is automatically added on a cake at a restaurant is when you use the Tables In Wonderland discount card, which triggers an automatic 18% tip. I think I'd probably ask to have the gratuity on the cake removed and just tip on the meal, though, since it's not like the server made the cake...

That must be a fairly recent thing... I just found three made by the Contemporary in the last Cake Thread, including two that look like this...

[​IMG]

....and one that looked like this!

[​IMG]

10. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

$65
    Also has chocolate buttercream under the fondant

11. debjk4

debjk4 Mouseketeer

Been reading the thread and dreaming of yummy cakes!! We will be staying at CSR in June and was looking for any pics of their cakes there...cant find any on here. Did I miss them? Has anyone ate any from there?

12. lurkyloo

Yeah, Coronado does its own thing with the cakes—they aren't the same kind you'll find everyplace else on property. How much you like them depends on whether you like whipped cream frosting (vs. buttercream).

The flavor choices are chocolate mousse, strawberry shortcake, carrot cake (with 72 hoursÂ’ notice), mixed berry, and Oreo cookie. Complete details are in Post #2. Here are shots of the small versions of some of them for sale at the quick-service place in the main building.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy DIS Veteran

Hmmm I'm going to re-email Brian with those pics and see if something can be done. Maybe its because I'm only getting a 6" cake? I also requested he just do the monorail but without the truffles and instead add some gravestones and skulls and he said he couldn't. :confused3

14. Soccer Princess

Soccer Princess DIS Cast Member<br><font color=red>you would never

For DH's birthday last week at Narcoossee's I was able to order a 6" chocolate cake with custard and fresh strawberries filling. There was an upcharge for that filling instead of the standard one, but it was delicious :) I also upgraded the normal frosting to dark chocolate ganache.... yummy!

15. lurkyloo

The cakes in the photos look to be at least 8 inches, if not 10, so hopefully it's just a matter of size.

In light of the fatal monorail accident a few years ago, I can see how Disney would shy away from that one...

16. andersonfamily

andersonfamily Mouseketeer

My husband will turn 40 on our trip this year over Spring Break. We are having dinner at Ohana that night, staying at the poly. I feel like I'm going blind looking at this thread for ideas. He likes cars, so I was thinking maybe a cars themed cake? Anyone have any suggestions about thier favorite cake combinations? I throw myself at the mercy of this awesomely experienced thread - help me make a decision! :worship:

17. Wanna be Ariel

Wanna be Ariel DIS Veteran

I know how you feel. I have looked at all of the info on here and still have no idea what to do. My DH turns 41 on this trip, but wanted to do something special since we did not do much for his 40th. I hope someone can help you out with some ideas.

18. TinkerbellLuvr7

TinkerbellLuvr7 Tinkerbellluvr7

Got the classic Castle Cake from GF this past weekend. We got the vanilla one and it was delicious! DBF called Pat 24 hours before (my mistake that I forgot about it and we only stayed one night) but after trying to sway him away from getting it, she agreed and it was made and arrived after 7pm which was a great surprise after dinner at Narcoossee! I would order the cake again for sure!

19. Jenny1985

Jenny1985 Mouseketeer

I'm thinking about ordering a mini cake or 6 inch for my next trip as a thank you surprise for my aunt who is letting me tag along with her. Staying at the Contemporary. Can they deliver mini cakes to the room? How would a room delivery work. The only cake I ordered was delivered to my lunch at GFC. How will I know my room number in advance? Or I was thinking about ordering one of the other desserts they have. Is there a thread with those anywhere?

20. TinkerbellLuvr7

TinkerbellLuvr7 Tinkerbellluvr7

I ordered one last March for my brother while we stayed at CR. You just call the cake hotline for CR (number is on page one). You have to say who the room is booked under and what day you would like. They will have access to the room numbers to know where to deliver it. They will charge it to the room/tip so you don't have to be there when it arrives. Hope that helps, our cake was delicious!!

21. debjk4

debjk4 Mouseketeer

Thanks lurkyloo! I don't love that whipped cream frosting :( so I think I will have one delivered to us for our meal at CRT.

Thanks for those pics!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.