**Official December 2010 Thread!!** - PART 2!

Oh and I would also like to add that most of the buses (except 1, maybe 2) that we were on were almost empty. I only recall maybe 2 buses that were jammed pack the whole trip. All of the CMs helping me get loaded onto the bus and strapped down were awesome. We did run into some rude people but I didn't let it ruin my vacation.

Anyone going to be in mk for nye tmrw? Where is everyone camping out on? :) I'm thinking of heading there at 8 and plop down in front of the castle around noon:3dglasses

I just got home early this morning at 3AM! All and all it was an AMAZING trip!
Arriving at parks early REALLY was the trick...we managed to avoid all of the horrible WDW Christmas week crowds I had heard so much about!
Universal, however, was MUCH more crowded than WDW. Everyone wanted to see the Wizarding World!

I don't want to write much more about my trip right now at the risk of too much post-trip-depression, but hopefully I'll be more up to it soon! Hope everyone is having an amazing holiday!

We are back and it was amazing with the exception of our last day where our dining plan was turned off at check out and getting food involved a fight to the death with 3 kids in tow... last day was a waste of money and energy =(

everything else was magic

We are back and it was amazing with the exception of our last day where our dining plan was turned off at check out and getting food involved a fight to the death with 3 kids in tow... last day was a waste of money and energy =(

Our last day was a wash too. Our dining plan still worked, but we mostly just wasted our time on busses and stading in line for a CS. I think for future trips I'm just going to get a morning flight. It isn't worth the stress!

Our last day was a wash too. Our dining plan still worked, but we mostly just wasted our time on busses and stading in line for a CS. I think for future trips I'm just going to get a morning flight. It isn't worth the stress!
Even though we drive, we've figured out that leaving early the day of check-out is a good thing! When we've tried to extend the day by doing more activities, it's inevitable that something won't work out or someone will be cranky! So we just make that last night our final hurrah and the morning goes smoothly!

We just got back from seeing Tangled. It was ok, but I wasn't overly impressed. I liked Rapunzel and Flynn, but I felt there weren't any real "take-away" songs. Nothing that got stuck in my head or would be an instant classic like Ariel's "Part of Your World" or Aladdin's "A Whole New World" kind of thing. That old lady Mom was downright creepy, too. Very "Mommie Dearest"!

I know what you mean. Here is a post that I submitted during mid Dec.:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=39225937#post39225937

As for the incident with the child behind you, I come into contact with senarios such as that on occassion where the parent will feign ignorance or (pretend to) not understand me. But this is where I have the advantage over foreign tourists. I am as white as white can be, and am just a big blue collar type of guy. So the last thing that anyone suspects is that I speak conversational Spanish and passable Portuguese. That pretty much covers all of S. America and 15% of Europe.

I always like to let them talk for a bit after I say "Excuse me", but before I start responding in their language. It actually makes the wiating in line a little entertaining and I usually get a little more space to stand.

Now if I can only learn Chinese and Japanese, no one will talk about me behind my back at WDW any more.
that's too funny, i would love to be able to do that!

We had a great 10 days. SORRY to read all the posts about rude CMs. All of our plans worked well even those with tight timing. The parks were no where as crowded as we anticipated. We got great pictures with characters, drew lots of characters at Animation Academy, saw all the shows we wanted (many twice) and ate great food at Le Cellier, Yak and Yeti and Brown Derby. The only very disappointing thing was the food at Les Chefs de France. It was BAD-- had steak that was tasteless, beans with pieces of stems(big pieces) and potatoes that tasted as if they were right out of a box. When I shared this with the waiter, he offered me a soda to make things right! But one bad meal didn't ruin a great time. We tried lots of new restaurants including Coral Reef, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey's, Hollywood & Vine, 50's Prime Time and loved them all. I am surprised Disney suggests an 18-20% tip for buffets the same as for full service? Anyway, no problem with getting around by bus or with noisy guests at ASMu. Sadly got no bounce back offer even though I asked several times at the front desk. Already am planning Dec 2011 trip!
sorry to hear about the bad meal at Chefs. I've enjoyed it in the past and was booked for lunch with Remy this time and it is the only ADR we skipped. yeah for Dec 11!

I just got home early this morning at 3AM! All and all it was an AMAZING trip!
Arriving at parks early REALLY was the trick...we managed to avoid all of the horrible WDW Christmas week crowds I had heard so much about!
Universal, however, was MUCH more crowded than WDW. Everyone wanted to see the Wizarding World!

I don't want to write much more about my trip right now at the risk of too much post-trip-depression, but hopefully I'll be more up to it soon! Hope everyone is having an amazing holiday!
welcome home! i agree, get up early and you get so much done those first few hours.

We are back from our trip and it was wonderful. We may be doing December again next year. I did a small report here.
subscribing to your report! welcome home!

i agree, our last day was sort of a bummer too. I purposely booked a later flight, 6:30pm so we could still have time on our last day. we had a nice leisurely breakfast at Chef Mickey's at 10am after checking out, then headed to Epcot where it was a madhouse. way too crowded for us. We were so used to getting to the parks early, so arriving at almost noon was just insane. we managed to ride TT with a quoted 30 minute wait (way past our normal rule of NOT waiting for anything more than 20 minutes)- and it ended up being actually almost an hour wait. talk about upset. We did the coke station again and then left. it was just too busy for us and sort of put a downer on our last day. Next time maybe we will try something different on our last day.

Now on to planning our May trip. We discovered that the DxDP is WAY to much food and way to many ADRs to have to deal with. So, we are going to do the basic dining plan. Also because my bank is being retarded (long story) we are driving instead of flying. I think it will be more leisurely and we won't have that issue of having to buy another Mickey duffle bag just to get all of our stuff home, :lmao:.

Our flight home was at 3:51 pm. Our ME time was 1:05 pm. We asked for and received late check-out at 12:30 pm and enjoyed a late breakfast at 10:00 am. We didn't try to leave AKL to go anywhere on the last day and the pacing was a wonderfully calm way to end our week.

Our last day, we got up early, got our bags to the ME desk and headed for MK for its 7:00 am EMH. We got a lot done (Pirates, Hall of Presidents, Philharmagic, Wishes, leisurely shopping on Main street, pictures with Dopey and Snow White, Pinnochio, and Pluto.... then 11:30 breakfast at Chef Mickeys.
Then back to the ASMu and to the airport. It was a great ending to a great 11 day vacation.

I think we would have been ok if my family had listened to ME! BUT - they insisted on going to Downtown Disney. I wanted to go to AK since the bus ride from AKL to AK is very short and from AKL to DTD is very LONG....

We didn't check out until 11, took the bus to DTD, it was raining so everybody went to DTD, waited in a long line for lunch, took the bus back to AKL and barely made our 2:00 ME time.

Next time they will listen to me, or I'll go to AK alone! ;)

Back to work full time tomorrow. :sad: I've only worked one week since November, so this is going to be NO FUN at all! :eek:

Our flight home was at 3:51 pm. Our ME time was 1:05 pm. We asked for and received late check-out at 12:30 pm and enjoyed a late breakfast at 10:00 am. We didn't try to leave AKL to go anywhere on the last day and the pacing was a wonderfully calm way to end our week.
sounds like a perfect ending! unfortunately i have read that the DVC resorts rarely provide late check out. bummer. i think next time we will just enjoy our resort on the last day and sleep in, just chill out more.

I think we would have been ok if my family had listened to ME! BUT - they insisted on going to Downtown Disney. I wanted to go to AK since the bus ride from AKL to AK is very short and from AKL to DTD is very LONG....

We didn't check out until 11, took the bus to DTD, it was raining so everybody went to DTD, waited in a long line for lunch, took the bus back to AKL and barely made our 2:00 ME time.

Next time they will listen to me, or I'll go to AK alone! ;)
don't you hate it when they don't listen! :rotfl:;)

After saying that it was going to miss us, that snow storm is going to hit us after all. This is the first snow storm of the year, and of course it's going to hit the day we're supposed to fly. :sad2:

Corwin, I hope that your son is recovering well and that you somehow you managed to fly out of Connecticut ahead of the blizzard.
Thanks! :goodvibes

We made it! We were just about the last flight out of Hartford before they shut the airport down. It was a very close thing. Our flight was delayed for over an hour while we waited for the plane to arrive from Chicago. They had already cancelled every flight scheduled after ours. I happened to overhear a couple who were scheduled to be on the 3 p.m. flight being told that the earliest they could make it out was the next day at 4 p.m.

By the time the plane arrived, it was lightly snowing. We quickly boarded, but the snow was increasing as we taxied to the runway. They had already announced that the airport was shutting down at 2 p.m., and the airport was starting to empty out because most of the incoming flights were being cancelled.

Anyway, we left the gate and were taxiing to the runway at 1:10 p.m., an hour behind schedule. However, right before turning onto the runway, the pilot throttled down the engines. :scared: He came on the intercom, saying that traffic needed to clear out over New York and that he wanted to save fuel. We waited about ten minutes more as the snow came down harder. Finally, the pilot throttled the engines back up and we took off. Ten minutes later, we were above the clouds and were in the sunlight. :thumbsup2

This sort of made up for our cancelled flight down last February. However, with all the uncertainty, my wife is saying, "No more winter trips." ;)

And my son did great. He spent the week in a wheelchair and crutches, but was able to go on just about everything. About the only things he couldn't do were the water slides at Blizzard Beach, so we went to DisneyQuest instead.

All in all, we had a great trip.

No future trips in the works for us as of yet. :sad2: We had so much more fun with the six year old this time that I think we'll wait until the 2 year old is near or at that age, though, anyway.
Coming home right before a long weekend of staying up late for New Year's (and family games) really doesn't allow one to recover much before heading back to work! Especially after a delay in Chicago and not getting in to MSP until after midnight. :eek: We did have a great trip, though. Our CM checking us in at the resort spent extra time changing my room to a better location, which turned out to be great for us. I don't think we ever ran into any angry CMs. I had one time I approached a FP machine that had a leftover pass in it and a CM grabbed it out and refused to give it to me when I asked for it, but he was good natured and not mean about it.
Wished for slightly warmer weather, but got so much more done on those chilly mornings than at any other time during the trip, and it didn't stop the kids from using the pools AT ALL.
Hope everyone had lovely holidays. :santa: Hope I can find some time soon to transfer my notes into word docs and get my PTR converted to a TR...

WHEW! My photopass expired at midnight tonight, and I placed my order at 11:57pm. Way to cut it close! I'm so glad I remembered!!!!! :upsidedow

WHEW! My photopass expired at midnight tonight, and I placed my order at 11:57pm. Way to cut it close! I'm so glad I remembered!!!!! :upsidedow

I ordered my CD about 10 days ago and most of that time it's been stuck at an Atlanta UPS depot all because they had 2" of snow down there.

Oooooooooooooooooooooh....

Anyone going again in Dec 2011? I hope to see some of you in the Dec 2011 planning board. This was great planning with all of you!!

Anyone going again in Dec 2011? I hope to see some of you in the Dec 2011 planning board. This was great planning with all of you!!

I have a trip booked for Dec. 5-10 at BLT, trying to get 4 points to add a night, but no luck so far. My husband wants to rent this reservation but I want to use it!:rotfl: I usually win though!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter