**Official December 2010 Thread!!** - PART 2!

So exciting seeing everyone's reports and knowing that we will be there next week!

We leave on Saturday and there is still so much to do! That will make it go by even faster :goodvibes

We're in NY and I was just saying that to my friend last night. We'll already probably be wearing the coats, hats and gloves. I was hoping not to have to actually wear them on vacation, though :santa:

I'm actually kind of glad it will be on the cooler end. I remember going a few years ago for New Year's when it was unseasonably warm. And we would go back to the hotel for clothes changing, at mid-day, just because we were sweating through them.

But being from Boston, the temps right now are jean shorts and either t-shirt or sports jersey weather.

Keep an eye out for the guy that is as big as Santa with a hat to match wearing either a Bruins or Patriots jersey.

So I jsut checked Accuweather for the temp forcast for when we are there, 19th-22nd, and it looks like low 60's and sunny. I can live with that not short weather for me but better than here in Central Indiana. :yay:

We leave early Thursday morning and I am stuck working a 10 hour shift today and have to work my normal 8 tomorrow. It is soooo hard to focus! I just keep thinking of everything else I still need to get done at home. Step son comes to start staying with us tonight and we are going to get him up at 4:30am tomorrow when we get up so that he will actually get to sleep at a reasonable time. DH and I are a whole nother story! :rotfl:

I am so bad at judging what clothes we will need. Ugh!!! If it is 43 at night does that mean we need a coat, or will a jacket be good enough? We are not really coat people unless it is really cold. :confused3

I am so bad at judging what clothes we will need. Ugh!!! If it is 43 at night does that mean we need a coat, or will a jacket be good enough? We are not really coat people unless it is really cold. :confused3

I'm sticking with a long sleeved shirt and my northface for weather in the 40s. I'm from Ohio though and I wear flip flops and long sleeved shirts until it snows even if its 30 degrees. I'm probably not the best judge of what to wear :lmao:

I don't even think we are bring real coats. We're going to leave then with my FIL when he drops us off for our flight.

I don't think you'll need a big coat. Can you layer under a thin jacket?

I'm sticking with a long sleeved shirt and my northface for weather in the 40s. I'm from Ohio though and I wear flip flops and long sleeved shirts until it snows even if its 30 degrees. I'm probably not the best judge of what to wear :lmao:

I don't even think we are bring real coats. We're going to leave then with my FIL when he drops us off for our flight.

I don't think you'll need a big coat. Can you layer under a thin jacket?
That sounds perfect to me! I'll just pack some long sleve shirts and fleece jackets. If we get cold we can just get hot chocolate. :thumbsup2

I've debated back and forth whether to bring the light jackets, as we will have to have our winter coats with us, no one to leave them with here (parking the car in long term parking and taking the shuttle). But they don't take a whole lot of room, so I am planning to pack them now, and have a few hoodies, etc for the kids already packed. Hopefully they will be able to swim this weekend, cause it doesn't really look like it will be warm enough for Monday for sure, and sure isn't likely to be able to swim at 11pm the way they did last trip at this time of year! I'm packing a couple pairs of shorts, capris and full length jeans for the kids, dh and I will wear jeans the whole time I would expect, though he might decide to pack one pair of shorts. He will also wear short sleeves the entire trip, but MIGHT wear his jacket on occasion.

:yay:I leave in 10 days, did my online checkin this morning!!!!:yay:

I also wanted to update those going around when I do on weather at Disney World, of course knowing its hard to predict, I will just pass along what I know. Weather is very important in my line of work, so we gather lots of forecasts as well as have an in house meteoroligist. They are expecting a warming trend in the 11-14 day forecast which will continue through Christmas. The cold weather will continue into early next week (brief warming over the weekend), but then late next week the warming comes and stays (says warm but not super warm). So anyway, cold like now early next week with a warmer weekend, then looks like for Dec 16-21 (as far as our forecast goes now) the range of highs is upper 60's to lower 70's and lows range from upper 40's to mid 50's.

I will update if prediction changes. Just thought people may have an interest!

:yay:I leave in 10 days, did my online checkin this morning!!!!:yay:

I also wanted to update those going around when I do on weather at Disney World, of course knowing its hard to predict, I will just pass along what I know. Weather is very important in my line of work, so we gather lots of forecasts as well as have an in house meteoroligist. They are expecting a warming trend in the 11-14 day forecast which will continue through Christmas. The cold weather will continue into early next week (brief warming over the weekend), but then late next week the warming comes and stays (says warm but not super warm). So anyway, cold like now early next week with a warmer weekend, then looks like for Dec 16-21 (as far as our forecast goes now) the range of highs is upper 60's to lower 70's and lows range from upper 40's to mid 50's.

Thanks! :flower3:

We are driving, so I am packing clothes for all types of weather. We got caught off guard last January and had to spend money on gloves, hats and and sweatshirts. (WAY too much money...)

Don't think we are taking shorts, though...

Last year the temps were in the 60's-40's when we were there. There was a few days that it was cooler and one that was warmer. We drive so we did not bring winter coats. What helped was I packed magic gloves and knit hats. In the am was the coldest so we would just layer. Tees, long sleeves and hoodie if it was really cold. As teh day went on layers were removed. I was hoping for warmer weather but oh well I will be at WDW better to be cold there then freezing at home!

We are driving, so I am packing clothes for all types of weather. We got caught off guard last January and had to spend money on gloves, hats and and sweatshirts. (WAY too much money...)

Don't think we are taking shorts, though...
Just curious....how long does it take for you to drive there?? Do you drive straight through?

Hey all!! Im getting SOOOOOOOOOOO excited.:banana::banana: I can't believe a week from today I will (hopefully) be trying to coax my 5-year old onto the Tower of Terror :rolleyes1 (I know - no Mother of the Year awards for me)... This trip is all about HER so Im sure there is much I won't get to do (including TOT) however I am looking forward to being there with my babycakes and enjoying all the sites and maybe passing by one or two of you as you are on your own excursions. Anyone ever use the Unoffical Guide book?? I heard there are a lot of little secret tips and tricks in there and wasnt sure if it was worth getting... well.. only 6 days of WORK and THEN two weeks of FUN!!!!!!!!!:cheer2:

Remember that if the low is 43, that will probably be at 5AM or so.

This is the picture I promised last night. This is the Santa from MK in December of 2009. He's also the first Santa dd would ever approach or have a picture taken with :)

Image0012.jpg

Thanks!!! :yay::yay: This makes me happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter