**Official December 2010 Thread!!** - PART 2!

Rachel, what's a snow belt? I live down south where the most we've ever had is 4 inches. (which was last year, the first time in over 20 years)

The area that receives the most amount of snow in a season usually. Its not unusual to drive 5 minutes down the road from the "snow belt" and there won't be any snow in the area that is not in the "snow belt."

All the Cleveland news stations are reporting our town as the town with the most snowfall so far. Our town has maybe 5000 people in it so its not even a big town. We've got 18 inches so far with another 12+ inches expected through tonight and tomorrow. So we'll have almost 3 feet.

I could care less about the snow unless it effects us leaving on Friday. So far it looks like everything should be cleared by then. I might cry if its not!

I can't believe after all this waiting and planning that its finally here! I'm so excited but still so so scared of the plane.. I should have went on some pills because I'm thinking some crazy thoughts... like "I wonder if this is this last time I will tuck my 2yr old in"... I know its crazy as I'm thinking it but I cant help it.. UGH I HAVE ISSUES! lol well in 5 1/2 hrs I have to be at the airport.. I wonder if I will sleep tonight.. DOUBT IT! I'll have my computer with me and will be checking in every now and then so if anyone has any questions or wants me to look for anything let me know :)

I can't believe after all this waiting and planning that its finally here! I'm so excited but still so so scared of the plane.. I should have went on some pills because I'm thinking some crazy thoughts... like "I wonder if this is this last time I will tuck my 2yr old in"... I know its crazy as I'm thinking it but I cant help it.. UGH I HAVE ISSUES! lol well in 5 1/2 hrs I have to be at the airport.. I wonder if I will sleep tonight.. DOUBT IT! I'll have my computer with me and will be checking in every now and then so if anyone has any questions or wants me to look for anything let me know :)

You will be fine, and you will be tucking in that sweet sweet baby while y'all enjoy Disney at CHRISTMAS!!! Just think about that, and do let the rest of us know how things are, we are still waiting! Enjoy the trip:santa:

Just realized tonight that I have got to start thinking about packing soon! I did finally bring up the suitcases and have begun to put in the items my daughter has asked me to bring to her, like her Christmas Stocking that I made for her as a child. I can't wait to walk down through the Osbourne lights and walk through the World at Epcot.. Just a few more sleeps.

I have heard the weather is to be nice 70's while I am there! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

We're getting closer! I got the DVC box all packed and such. I still need to go to Wally World and get a surge protector to put in the box. Between cameras, laptops, and cell phone chargers yeah we need lots of outlets, :lmao:.

leaving today!!! Of course the day will just drag along lol but we should be on the road around 2:30p and if all goes as planned....at POP around 5:30-6p :) I don't know who is more excited?? me or the kids lmao!! Keep in mind this is our 3rd trip this year alone...and yes I still get excited :) :cool1::yay:

We put up our Christmas tree last night!

...and....we leave tomorrow and then check-in on Thursday!!!

Still have to pack!!

Everyday I look at the forcast its getting colder!! Whats up with that???? Good news is it was colder last year and we survived. Even better news is that it will definatly be warmer then it is in NJ. Its in the 20s now and we saw our first flurries yesterday.

:banana::cool1::banana::dance3:SINGLE DIGITS BABY:cool1::banana::dance3::cheer2::woohoo::yay:

What the heck is with Monday's temps?!?!??!?!?!? I was hoping to not have to wear sweatshirts during the day. Hope I can just wear a long sleeved shirt under one of my Disney shirts. Packing is going to suck.

3 days!!!

What the heck is with Monday's temps?!?!??!?!?!? I was hoping to not have to wear sweatshirts during the day. Hope I can just wear a long sleeved shirt under one of my Disney shirts. Packing is going to suck.

3 days!!!

That's what I plan on doing. Walmart has thermal tops for $5 so I'll probably buy a few for each of us and then we can just wear our Disney tees on top!

I know! We are going to have to pack a range of stuff from bathing suits to coats!!! :crazy:

We are bringing everything. The bonus is we live in Canada so we will have on pants, hoodie and coats already

I will be on the road in just DAYS!!!:goodvibes I have so much to do and not so much time! I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself!!!:cool1:

I just did my online check in for my flight:cool1::cool1: And even if the hight temperature tomorrow is only 60 degrees, it will still be at least 40 degrees warmer than it will be here tomorrow!!!!:banana:

I am so excited:cheer2: By this time tomorrow, we'll be in the air on our way!

Now to just get through work and tie up loose ends. It is too hard, because my mind keeps wandering and I keep checking the weather sites. No worries, though. 60 degrees will feel so warm compared to this mid-January weather we've been having for the last few weeks!

Hi guys, just popping in really quick-- we arrived on Saturday at 10am. It is COLD today! 36 right now at 8:15am. We are about to head to AK. We've done so much this trip already in 2.5 days so far----pick a pearl (got 8.25!!), MSEP last night (freezing!), WISHES, Illuminations from our table at Hacienda (amazing!!!), some pin trading, etc. Also already saw PUSH and the Jammitors for my trash can loving toddler. Having a great time. BLT is great- really love it although that walk on the skybridge is chilly right now. We are in a room on the 7th floor overlooking Bay Lake the Contemporary pool area and boat dock.

Crowds on Saturday were not too awful- we headed to DTD, that was crowded, but got through EoS line pretty fast. Then hit up Epcot that night. Not too bad, although obviously TT and Soarin had long lines by that time (6ish). crowds on the monorail were a little nuts though that night. we were crammed on and were followed out of the park by a pack of chanting cheerleaders! lol. i have seen more POP kids this time than i ever have. hopefully with the cheer stuff starting today i think, we won't see as many.

Sunday, we hit up MK in the am- and it was amazing- hardly any lines. we caught the opening show at 8am (they added an hour in the am to the original time). we had breakfast at CP at 8am. It poured rain for about 10 min while we were in there and was sprinkling when we got out at 9:15am. we managed to do Pooh (5 min), Dumbo (10 min), Snow white (5 min), Small world- walk on, Peter Pan (we had gotten a FP, so no wait really), HM (no wait), Space Mtn (FP, so about 5 min- standby was 25 min), peoplemover, saw Stitch, did Buzz (only line we waited in that was 20 min). we also got a snack/light lunch at cosmic ray's and sat and ate. lines were crazy there, but moved really fast. also found every bathroom in WDW. DS is doing great potty training (just started 2 weeks ago). no accidents yet. did all that between 9:15am-1:30-2pm plus some shopping and just strolling around. It wasn't that crowded in the am, maybe folks didn't know about the earlier opening time or something. or the rain kept them away. the sun popped out really fast.

We did HS sunday night- it wasn't too crazy. had dinner at Sci Fi- good! and only waited a few minutes for our ADR. saw the osborne lights after and it was medium crowds probably at like 9pm. park closed at 9, it was EMH until midnight though. We managed to do ToT with a 10 minute wait in EMH, plus great movie ride with no line.

Yesterday, Monday, we hit Epcot in the am- we got there late (MIL is a little slower getting ready than us). didn't get in until almost 10am. lines for security were long. We got a FP for Soarin at 10am, return was 12:30pm. We found the jammitors and DS enjoyed that! then we headed to Seas with Nemo- no wait for the ride at all. Then caught Turtle TAlk with only a 6 minute wait. finished off the aquarium, then hit Imagination- which actually had like a 5 minute wait. then off to lunch at France- the bakery had a 10 minute line or so and people were pulling the tables into the sun, it was so cold in the shade. had a fabulous lunch from the bakery. Hit up a few other countries- did our pick a pearl with no line. lots of fun- our first time doing it. my pearl is too big to fit in the carriage cage necklace i ordered though. might go back and look at other settings to buy. Countries were not very busy, the cold might have factored into that. We hit our Soarin FP and managed to get DS on- they didn't measure him, we just walked in holding him. he measured 38.75 at his 3yo bday appt 2 months ago with no shoes. i think he is 40 now or very close to it. none of the CMs asked to measure him- he rode and loved it.

headed out for a break, then had a 5pm ADR at Ohana- we were late due to monorails being packed frmo people leaving the MK. got there at 5:30 and were seated really fast and had a great meal! hit up the MK afterwards- the crowds on Main ST were insane, the first MSEP had just ended. we got over to Pirates and walked on, literally no one in front of us at all, in fact a couple in front of us originally turned around and walked back out, thinking maybe they went the wrong way cuz there were no other guests. LOL! they then followed us back in. we caught some of WISHES from near the exit/bathrooms by Pirates- we plan to catch it another night, so we just got a sneak peek. we then rode the Aladdin's carpets, no wait again. then staked out a spot for the 9pm MSEP. man it was cold!!!! people were just hanging out in the christmas shop- just standing htere (which was annoying when trying to shop) to stay out of the cold. we got a spot right in front of sleepy hollow snacks for the parade and it nevers fails that some rude guest gets next to me at the parade. showed up last minute and started trying to push me over. i just pushed back and tried to say something, but he didn't speak english, or was pretending to not understand me. he kept sticking his arms and camera out in front of my face and blocking my view completely. can't tell you how many pics i have of his arm in the way. LOL. annoying.....anyways- had a great time even in the cold

now off to freeze at AK!! wish us luck. will try and post more. i finally got FB working on my phone again last night, so stay tuned all of you that follow on FB!

We are bringing everything. The bonus is we live in Canada so we will have on pants, hoodie and coats already

We're in NY and I was just saying that to my friend last night. We'll already probably be wearing the coats, hats and gloves. I was hoping not to have to actually wear them on vacation, though :santa:

Thanks for the update Michelle... sorry the weather has been so cold but you look like you are having a good time anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter