Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All weekend I have told my H to remind me about getting up early this morning to make the ressie. He reminded me at 6:15 CST this morning. I was able to score a 7:10 ressie on Thursday, Dec. 5 for 7 people. We are happy!

I was also able to get what I wanted, early reservations for our week in October. Yay!

Really looking forward to their new menu!

All weekend I have told my H to remind me about getting up early this morning to make the ressie. He reminded me at 6:15 CST this morning. I was able to score a 7:10 ressie on Thursday, Dec. 5 for 7 people. We are happy!

We will be there the same night at 7:45 with a party of 6!

The reservation system for California Grill went live at 5:45am CST yesterday and I was able to get my reservations for our trip in December. Does anyone know if I can call the restaurant to request a window table?

Also, got lucky and checked times for he Be Our Guest restaurant a few days later. Can't wait for this trip :) :banana::yay:

Got a reservation for 5:45pm on a night in october where fireworks are at 9:30. Thinking we will be done with our meal around 7:15-7:30 (no appetizers). What time do you suggest securing a good spot on the deck? Does it fill up quickly? We would love to visit wilderness lodge, but don't know if we would have time for that in between.

Thanks!

Got a reservation for 5:45pm on a night in october where fireworks are at 9:30. Thinking we will be done with our meal around 7:15-7:30 (no appetizers). What time do you suggest securing a good spot on the deck? Does it fill up quickly? We would love to visit wilderness lodge, but don't know if we would have time for that in between.

Thanks!

We usually go out 1/2 hour early. The railing takes some time to fill up. A lot of people come out at the last minute (probably during dinner) and fill up the middle space. I think there are two decks but we have only been on the one that's directly outside the restaurant.

I wanted more like 8:30, called in at 7 am, took 20 mins to get an agent so we're there at 9 pm. First, when should we arrive to see the show and what happens if we get called at exactly 9 or a few minutes before? What would you do? We've seen Wishes from Ohana several times, first time for CG.

Thanks,
Bill From PA

Does anyone know if I can call the restaurant to request a window table?

No, you can't. They won't assign you a table until you check in. If you really want a window table you can try checking in early and say you will wait until one opens. If it is too close to the fireworks, like within an hour, it's not likely one will open until after the show.

I wanted more like 8:30, called in at 7 am, took 20 mins to get an agent so we're there at 9 pm. First, when should we arrive to see the show and what happens if we get called at exactly 9 or a few minutes before? What would you do? We've seen Wishes from Ohana several times, first time for CG.

Get there about 8:30, tell them you have a reservation at 9 but would like to go up to the bar and see the fireworks. You probably won't be able to see them from a table but you can go to the observation decks.

Anyone else not seeing their ADR showing up in MDE? Haven't gotten an email confirmation, either, and I'm starting to get a little nervous. Added layer of compilation is that I flew out on business shortly after the call and left the reservation written in a piece of paper in my car. The car that's parked at a big Chicago airport, which is very far from the NY hotel I find myself in at the moment.

Cause for alarm? Or simply a delay in processing? Kicking myself now for putting that paper in my bag before jumping on the airport shuttle. It'll be late Wednesday night before I can try to link the reservation on my own. :/

Call and make another reservation if they don't see the original linked. Just to be safe and then follow up once you have your ressie number. Mine updated instantly and I got an email.

Also double check that you booked under same email as your MDE is set up under...that could be an explanation of why no link and/or confirm email went to an inbox that you don't check regularly? Just a thought.

I swapped Yachtsman or Cali Grill. Was this a good move? Prices seem to be similar.

We have a 5:45 reservation so I guess I'd better buy park hoppers since we'll be at HS earlier that day. We'll want to kill time until we can watch Wishes from CG.

This worked out perfectly!! I got my CG ADR and with all the other ADRs being cancelled, I was able to get better times for a couple of other restaurants.

I swapped Yachtsman or Cali Grill. Was this a good move? Prices seem to be similar.

We have a 5:45 reservation so I guess I'd better buy park hoppers since we'll be at HS earlier that day. We'll want to kill time until we can watch Wishes from CG.

Both are great but VERY different. Personally I think Yachstman is the best steak place on property... and certainly much better, with nicer atmosphere than Le Cellier.

You're going to kill time by going to MK after early CG dinner before coming back to watch the fireworks from the CG observation deck? The fireworks are much better seen from Main Street! It seems a lot of money to spend just to pop into MK for an hour or so one day.

Anyone have confirmation of a soft opening date? We leave the day before grand reopening!

I have not heard anything but I would imagine soon because I've seen a few pictures and it seems done so maybe now were just waiting for the finishing touches :)

Thanks,
Bill From PA

Wilkes-Barre, Pa! whoo hoo. i'm "up the line from you". i'm from the "pizza capitol" lol

anyway. . .

You can get there before when you need and they will let you up I bet. You can even chill out at the bar if you wanted I know. We have gone up an hour before an ADR to drink.

We eat here every trip. You will really like it!

All the best,
Jim from Pa

Thanks,
Bill From PA

Hi Bill,

Another Wilkes-Barre person here, well actually Bear Creek but close enough. I would try to arrive 30 minutes before the show. Just tell them at check in or when you get seated that you will be enjoying the fireworks. The waiters will actually work your meal around the fireworks. It is common place for them so no worries.

We were able to get our reservations for 7:30 on December 15 for a party of 10. I believe we have the Christmas Party Fireworks at 9:30.

Kim

Wilkes-Barre, Pa! whoo hoo. i'm "up the line from you". i'm from the "pizza capitol" lol

anyway. . .

You can get there before when you need and they will let you up I bet. You can even chill out at the bar if you wanted I know. We have gone up an hour before an ADR to drink.

We eat here every trip. You will really like it!

All the best,
Jim from Pa

Hey Wilkes barre. It looks like "Bell and Evans" chicken is on the menu. That's down the road from you? Correct?

I did the same thing. I have never been to Yachtsman personally so I'm not sure if it was a good move but I have been to Cali Grill and absolutely LOVED it there on my last trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter