Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd just like to extend a great big THANK YOU to those who created and tirelessly updated this thread. because of your help, i knew when to log on and make a reservation and was able to get our exact preferred day and time.

fwiw, i live in nyc and worked for 4 years as an editorial food photographer visiting the newest and the most famous restaurants around and i'm still not so jaded that the new CG doesn't excite me. :goodvibes

Glad you got your ADRs KOOK!
You, too:goodvibes

It's 3 am and I'm excited about my dinner reservation in December. Are we crazy?
Yes, we are crazy, this has been confirmed by my DH who reminded me that we can't use TiW on Christmas or Christmas Eve:rolleyes2. However, in our defense, my DD-14 completely 'gets it' and is excited and as triumphant as Mom. It was the first thing I told her this morning. I got a "Way to go Mom!" I'm two feet taller this morning:snooty:

Well. we could always plan the ultimate DISmeet - an "Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread" reunion meet ...........:joker:;):joker:

I will miss checking in with y'all a couple of times a day, as has been the case for months now. :grouphug:
Love this and is there a special wink or signal we can use when we walk into the dining room? Maybe a modified Van Buren Boys signal from Seinfeld:cool2:

tumblr_mbpq3moQxs1qf8jboo1_500.jpg

Got my 2 reservations for there. Sept 9th at 9:10 PM and then Sept 12th at 8:55 PM. So excited I cant wait.

By 6:05,there were only 3 times available for 2/4..7:15,7:30 & 7:45. So I snagged the 7:30.
I've read here, that in the past, they would let you leave your table to watch wishes,then you could return to finish your meal.
Has anyone heard if they will continue to allow that?
I'm figuring,with a 7:30 dinner start, Wishes will be starting sometime soon after,that time of year,while we're still eating..

From what I was told this morning that is correct. They will hold your course while you go out and watch the fireworks.
By 6:05,there were only 3 times available for 2/4..7:15,7:30 & 7:45. So I snagged the 7:30.
I've read here, that in the past, they would let you leave your table to watch wishes,then you could return to finish your meal.
I'm figuring,with a 7:30 dinner start, Wishes will be starting sometime soon after,that time of year,while we're still eating..

I can't wait to start seeing pictures of the food! The Spicy Kazan Roll is by far my favorite thing to eat in all of Disney. I was only able to eat about 1/3 of it and took the rest back to our resort... the spice is different.. it's hard to describe. I'm not sure what I would order for the entree. I got the filet last time and wasn't impressed but it had BBQ sauce on it then and I thought that was a little weird. Pretty sure I have the dessert figured out.. I wish they would post the kid's menu :)

I'm just starting to venture into sushi, but I'm thinking about trying the Spicy Kazan Roll this time, if I can get my wife to split it with me (she probably will, she is a pretty good sport - after all, she married me :rotfl2:). Sounds delicious. Still working on the rest of the menu (well, not all at one time ......).

I'm just starting to venture into sushi, but I'm thinking about trying the Spicy Kazan Roll this time, if I can get my wife to split it with me (she probably will, she is a pretty good sport - after all, she married me :rotfl2:). Sounds delicious. Still working on the rest of the menu (well, not all at one time ......).

The wife and I are big fans of sushi, and we dream of this roll.

It's a must do every year for us.

Trust me, if you are going to enjoy sushi, you're going to enjoy this.

Love this and is there a special wink or signal we can use when we walk into the dining room? Maybe a modified Van Buren Boys signal from Seinfeld:cool2:

tumblr_mbpq3moQxs1qf8jboo1_500.jpg

Excellent :wave2::laughing: Now really - I've got to get going on the :laundy: or I'm in trouble when DW gets home from work. :bitelip::rolleyes2

The wife and I are big fans of sushi, and we dream of this roll.

It's a must do every year for us.

Trust me, if you are going to enjoy sushi, you're going to enjoy this.

Thanks - that does it - This is definitely on our order come the 29th of September!::yes::

I am sure its same as always!

I just got reservations for Nov 3 at 9 PM! I'm so excited. We get there that day and I had always planned to go there for dinner so we could watch Wishes and have a really nice dinner. I'm so excited it's actually happening!! It's a bit later than I was hoping for but WHO CARES!

Thanks for this thread!

Got reservations today at 7:00 am for 11 November 2013 at 5 pm. Same day as our MVMCP and Veterans Day. We are excited since we didn't think we would get to eat at California Grill this trip.

Hi - new poster here. I just booked CG for 1/13 - 6:55, Wishes is at 8:00 - so happy!! I love seeing the fireworks on the roof with a glass of wine and my hubby!

I got an ADR for 5:15 on the 15 of September, can't wait! They had nothing later but was told I could leave the restaurant when done and come back there later in the evening to view fireworks. Cool:)

Hi - new poster here. I just booked CG for 1/13 - 6:55, Wishes is at 8:00 - so happy!! I love seeing the fireworks on the roof with a glass of wine and my hubby!

Bonnie, I got the same time :P. I've been reading if you get 3 courses the meal could take 2 hours. They had 7:15 for the longest time and I booked it this morning first thing. I saw 655 and grabbed it because that should give us time to eat at least get started. Some people on here have said the CM's at CG will hold your table while you watch wishes.

Thanks to everyone who kept checking and updating this thread for the past several months. Thanks to the heads up I was able to get reservations for our group of 18 in November. :thumbsup2 I'm usually more of a lurker than a poster, but I did want to say thanks.

I didn't get room only discount, but I got CG on Thanksgiving 7:45pm!

Me too at 9:05. A little on the late side, but I think we'll be able to see Wishes.

I made my ressie at 7:30 this morning and just checked the thread now. Wow.

They had nothing for that date at 6:00AM, which is why I think that the place is booked for a private event or they didn't open up that date for some other reason

Great. That's pretty much the only night we can swing it that week as it is also EMH at MK and we planned on dropping kids off at Simba's Cubhouse to have some Mommy & Daddy time.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I have a question about my ADR time. I originally booked CG for our last night (10/8) at 7:20pm but since we are going to be at Epcot that day for F&W festival, I decided that I wanted to switch out the ADR to our off day (10/5) so we could actually enjoy our meals rather then going there pretty much full from all the wonderful F&W goodies. Now my question is, I originally wanted to get a 5pm ADR but noticed when I went to the drop down bar, it said the earliest time I could reserve was 5:30pm, however when I plugged that in, a 5:20pm ADR showed up (which I snagged). Just curious if the first seating is actually at 5:30 or are they allowing for earlier ADRs then what the actual online dining is showing? Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with our ADR time, I was just curious about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter