Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by jlsmith376, Apr 1, 2013.

1. tarheelmjfan

tarheelmjfan <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue>

I started a thread, then it occurred to me the CG obsessed :p may know.

I booked an 8:50 ADR, because we like to dine late. Hallowishes is scheduled for 9:30 pm. After giving it some thought, I'm now concerned that people will hold onto the tables until Hallowishes is over. I don't want to be waiting an hour on a table. Anyway, should we expect to wait a very long time on a table with an 8:50 ADR? If so, I'll keep trying for a better time. What's the best time for an ADR, when the fireworks are at 9:30 pm? FWIW, I'm more concerned with being seated in a timely manner than seeing the fireworks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. laura428

laura428 DIS Veteran

Anyone else not seeing their ADR showing up in MDE? Haven't gotten an email confirmation, either, and I'm starting to get a little nervous. Added layer of compilation is that I flew out on business shortly after the call and left the reservation written in a piece of paper in my car. The car that's parked at a big Chicago airport, which is very far from the NY hotel I find myself in at the moment.

Cause for alarm? Or simply a delay in processing? Kicking myself now for putting that paper in my bag before jumping on the airport shuttle. It'll be late Wednesday night before I can try to link the reservation on my own. :/

4. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Just an FYI that not only will they hold your table but can hold your next course as well.

Just tell them when you are seated that you want to go out to watch Wishes and they will time the firing of the courses so that they don't bring your food out right as you were going to head out and then the food is cold when you get back

5. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

not to make you more nervous but my reservation showed up in MDE basically instantaneously and I got an e-mail confirmation pretty quick. Might want to call when you get a chance to confirm

6. bobbins

bobbins Earning My Ears

I would make another resi if you can. If you do it online while logged in to MDE it'll tell you if you've already got one. If you end up with two then just cancel one.

7. budafam

budafam DIS Veteran

We were in the middle of our entree's on our last trip and they brought out the metal cover things (sorry, no idea what they're called) to keep our plates warm at the table.

8. snausman

snausman Mouseketeer

My ADR showed up also immediately. And I got an email with the hour of me booking it. So, I guess I am telling you, that you might want to call dining and just check on it.

Laura

9. disneynanacat

disneynanacat Lovin' Disney Too!

We're on the Deluxe Dining Plan this time and this will be our first time eating at CG while on a dining plan. Does anyone know if you can order sushi as an app on the DxDP? Or can two people order it as their app? No big deal if we can't; we'll just pay oop for it.

10. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

I'm so excited! I snagged a 9:05 ADR on a night where Wishes is shown at 10: pm!:banana::banana::banana:That should be perfect!!

Now the only problem is, I have too many ADRs.:blush: We are staying 4 nights and I also have Le Ceiller and the Rainforest Cafe and the Sci Fi Cafe. Oh and the Kona Cafe too but I was planning on paying out of pocket for that one anyway.

11. budafam

budafam DIS Veteran

In October I ordered the Spicy Kazan Roll as an app for just myself with no problem so I hope nothing has changed :) I plan to do the same again.. love that dish!

12. ashliethomas2013

ashliethomas2013 Earning My Ears

Always in a rush honey? Just relax and dont worry about the time or its not a vacation. Unless of course we have fastpasses to Splash Mountain, then you can rush. :P

13. aml3679

aml3679 Kita's Mom

Was able to get a 7:30 on December 9th ... Perfect, the only night we had no plans.

14. disneynanacat

disneynanacat Lovin' Disney Too!

Great! Thanks, I hope nothing changed too!

15. Maryess

Maryess Earning My Ears

We have the same day and time as you! I purposely planned it to see Hallowishes since we won't be going to MNSSHP.

16. CaliforniaDreaming

CaliforniaDreaming #1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

I got my 7pm ressie at 6 this morning for September! So excited to return to my favorite restaurant!

Been looking at the menu over and over trying to decide what to get. Hoping for some daily specials as well, the menu seems a bit more limited than in the past.

17. Abby's Dad

Abby's Dad DIS Veteran

This was the night that CG worked best for us, and so we did pick this time based on when Hallowishes would be. It is really nice to see the fireworks from all the different points of view. We will see them from in the park twice during the stay, once regular Wishes, and once Hallowishes, and also will be seeing them a couple of times from over at The Top of the World.

If you wish, shoot me a message, and we'll figure out how to recognize each other at CG, so that we can say Hi! (something less conspicuous than a neon sign, please. LOL). :wave2:

18. dixiegirl

dixiegirl sorry but those dolls really creep me out!!

So excited - snagged a 5:45 on our night of arrival - :banana::banana::banana:

19. prisjoyce

prisjoyce Planner Extraordinaire

So this morning at 5:59 the only times available for our dates were too late for us. I got home from work, checked again & scored a reservation at 5:10- just what we wanted. Very excited! :-)

20. snausman

snausman Mouseketeer

So glad that you tried again and got the time you wanted.:cool1:

Laura

21. angel0321

angel0321 Earning My Ears

Thanks to all those who kept this thread going! :thumbsup2 Was able to get 7:30 ressie on Nov 25 when I checked this morning.