Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just looking at the old menu (wdwinfo still has the old one up - http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=105#menu)

Pork entree is the exact same price. Fillet of Beef went up $1. Goat cheese ravioli is the exact same price. Kazan roll went up $2. Fish looks like it went up a bit (though not the exact same dish) - the Snapper was $36 and now the Salmon is $42 and the Halibut is also $42

So looks like up a tad but not double or anything

Hmmm... must not have been paying much attention to the prices when we were doing DDP. :D

I did manage to snag an ADR for 10/29 at 6:55pm. We'll make it work with appetizers and such. :)

That was shockingly easy compared to the F&W mess a few weeks ago! I did not get up at 3 am PST but woke up on my own around 5 am - snagged dinner ressies online for 10/21 without a problem and at pretty close to our ideal time. :cool1: Can't wait until DH wakes up to tell him - we had our "welcome dinner" in the Napa room at the CG the night before our wedding and we always try to eat at the CG when we go to WDW. Super excited!!

While I realize I am committing CG blaspheme, after looking over the menu, I decided not to make an ADR.

Lacquered belly? Blistered tomato? At least nothing had foam on it. Wait! I spoke too soon, the beef had Parmesan foam!

Actually, the menu reminds me of an AJC article years ago when Julia Childs visited Atlanta. She was the guest of honor at the Ritz and dined, surrounded by Atlanta's best chefs.

She casually inquired who made a creme brulee and what was their recipe. One after one, the chefs described in excited detail how their goat milk/burnt sugar/lavender/foam creme fresh etc etc creme brulee was the talk of the town. She listened, as she sipped her soup, and quipped in her delightful accent, "Well then....it really wouldn't be creme brulee anymore, would it?" :cool2:

I live in Atlanta and eat at nice restaurants. No chains. But...this one was a little over the top for me. I look forward to hearing all of your reviews after your dinner. Congrats on getting reservations!

Do they have the standard Disney cocktail selections in addition to any specialty drinks/wines?

Are drinks expensive there?

They have more than the usual "standard list" (ie some restaurants only have a few specialty cocktails) - they have several to choose from and in terms of pricing, well, it's what I'd pay at home at a nice restaurant in terms of a drink (around 12-14$ give or take).

They (of course) have a fabulous wine list - mostly wines from CA but I seem to remember that we got a really nice bottle of OR pinot last time.

As for beers, I have no idea.

just looking at the old menu (wdwinfo still has the old one up - http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=105#menu)

Pork entree is the exact same price. Fillet of Beef went up $1. Goat cheese ravioli is the exact same price. Kazan roll went up $2. Fish looks like it went up a bit (though not the exact same dish) - the Snapper was $36 and now the Salmon is $42 and the Halibut is also $42

So looks like up a tad but not double or anything

Where can I check out the new menu?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

It says NOTHING available for Dec. 2nd...for ANY time...I've plugged in a couple different times...for 4 people...5 people...6 people. (We have 5 of us.) It's like the restaurant is CLOSED that day. Or they didn't load that day. :confused3 I'm trying to call, but of course all circuits are busy. :sad1:

I'm running into the same issue for the 2nd. Tried MDE, mobile site, regular site and still nothing. Surely only 2 hours in they can't be booked already for that day can they? Aggghhh.

Got it.......

smith1.gif

xl5h.jpg

I was on the fence about eating there this trip, well I overslept and the day and time I wanted are no more.....maybe next trip

I got our reservations two great honeymoon dinners for oct, super excited never eaten at either been to the top long time ago but to be eating there now is fantastic

Cali grill 9 pm oct 24 we can see Halloween fireworks awesome.

Jiko 9pm oct 20.

I got a 7:25 on MVMCP night.. is 2 hours too long? There will be 5 of us (2 children, 3 adults) and yes, my kids know how to behave in that place ;) I can't remember how long our last meal took there...

IPO came through for us this morning -- snagged our desired date / time for our Wedding Anniversary in November -- that was the last piece of the puzzle!!

I'm running into the same issue for the 2nd. Tried MDE, mobile site, regular site and still nothing. Surely only 2 hours in they can't be booked already for that day can they? Aggghhh.

I figured I would try calling and ask if they are even taking reservations that day or if they are closed. She said they were taking reservations but everything is booked. It didn't seem like she brought up the times people reserved though.

Also, someone said much earlier in the morning that it was not available for them also. I just think they have it blocked off or not loaded until someone shows they were actually able to get one..

They had nothing for that date at 6:00AM, which is why I think that the place is booked for a private event or they didn't open up that date for some other reason

I was on the fence about eating there this trip, well I overslept and the day and time I wanted are no more.....maybe next trip
You might want to retry later as they may be holding back some reservation times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter