Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to join the chorus of sincere thanks to all of you who have been updating, checking, verifying, and in any other way helping all of us to get in at CG these last months. You are awesome!

To those there on 11/10 around 7:20ish, see you there! Best wishes to all!: :wave2:

Yay! Got in for 7:40 pm on 11/15 for a date night with my hubby to celebrate our 10th anniversary! Excited! :cheer2:

Thank you to all of you out there for all of the information that you have provided. I got my preferred dates and times early this morning. I couldn't sleep last night because I was so excited. Getting my reservation made my trip planning complete. I'm done now! I hope all of you get the dates and times that you want.

Yes!! Got one for our trip in January kind of shocked on how limited time slots were available already. Oh we'll, I am happy :)

Got my reservation for 10/8 (our last night) for 7:20pm. I had to sacrifice my Monsieur Paul ADR for it, but that is o.k....it gives us something to look forward to for our next trip :goodvibes.

thanks to everyone who kept this thread going!

got 3 ressies for our december trip and thrilled to have christmas eve ressies for fireworks!

This thread has been amazing! I have been watching it, albeit silently, with such high anticipation for months! A big thanks to all the wonderful posters who were able to check daily and provide info as available!

I hadn't planned on getting up at 5am (central time) to check online since I had already set it up with IPO to make the reservation, but woke up at 4am, then again at 4:30am, because I was so nervous about waiting to find out if they were able to book one for us! Finally, after waking up again at 5:15am, I gave up, checked here and saw all the happy posts, so couldn't wait anymore, got up and was able to secure a 5:30pm reservation on Sept. 23rd!! The day and time we had wanted!!

CG is my family's favorite restaurant on property and I'm so happy I was able to book this for us!! All our trip pieces are in place now, thanks to this last, missing, ADR!!!!

If you are interested in the Omakase Experience (12-14 sushi courses selected by the chef) you must call, it's not online even though they are saying it is online. $175 per person, make sure you ask for 8 pm.

Thanks! Has anyone booked this yet? Just wondering if the omakase times were filling up. We'd love to do this but have to consider the cost.

Decided I couldn't justify waking up at 3am PST for a January reservation - glad I didn't! No issues whatsoever with my date and time (7pm for 8 wishes) and I was up over 3 hours 'late'! I'm sure that's all my luck used up for the day of course. Thanks everyone who watched out for us!

Ps if anyone is looking for a 6pm BoG on the 20th... Just dropped it! ;)

This has been a fun watch party! Got up at 4:58 am central time & got a 7:20 pm reservation for 9/18! Can't wait to try Cali Grill. This will be our 1st experience there. Thank you to everyone for the help!

I can't wait to start seeing pictures of the food! The Spicy Kazan Roll is by far my favorite thing to eat in all of Disney. I was only able to eat about 1/3 of it and took the rest back to our resort... the spice is different.. it's hard to describe. I'm not sure what I would order for the entree. I got the filet last time and wasn't impressed but it had BBQ sauce on it then and I thought that was a little weird. Pretty sure I have the dessert figured out.. I wish they would post the kid's menu :)

Got up at 4:45am (CST) and was able to get GC for Dec 13th...7:15pm for celebration dinner for our 49th Anniversary!

While I realize I am committing CG blaspheme, after looking over the menu, I decided not to make an ADR.

Lacquered belly? Blistered tomato? At least nothing had foam on it. Wait! I spoke too soon, the beef had Parmesan foam!

Actually, the menu reminds me of an AJC article years ago when Julia Childs visited Atlanta. She was the guest of honor at the Ritz and dined, surrounded by Atlanta's best chefs.

She casually inquired who made a creme brulee and what was their recipe. One after one, the chefs described in excited detail how their goat milk/burnt sugar/lavender/foam creme fresh etc etc creme brulee was the talk of the town. She listened, as she sipped her soup, and quipped in her delightful accent, "Well then....it really wouldn't be creme brulee anymore, would it?" :cool2:

I live in Atlanta and eat at nice restaurants. No chains. But...this one was a little over the top for me. I look forward to hearing all of your reviews after your dinner. Congrats on getting reservations!
Not blasphemous and I share your observation. Having dined almost every trip at CA Grill, I anxiously booked Christmas more out of ritual and curiosity than culinary fascination. I've noticed a disturbing Disney trend toward less and less culinary excitement each visit. I unfortunately suspect CA Grill may fall into this same Disney Dining trend, but I'll be sure to post a review to my CR/BLT thread after Christmas.

Can't get anything on December 2nd. It's like the restaurant is closed or something on that day :rotfl: All other dates are available but that's the one I need (of course!). Oh well! :badpc:

Could be a special event. They actually cancelled an ADR i had a few years back for a "special person" wanted the whole place.

I am fine with hosting a the restaurant, but don't allow ADR and then cancel them! I am still a bit miffed about that when I think on it! No apology , no offer to book another hard to get ADR....just " sorry, we have the Crystal palace if you want that!

True tale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter