Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by jlsmith376, Apr 1, 2013.

1. NC Disney Fan

NC Disney Fan Live long Disney Lover and visitor

Thanks for the input. It's amazing that in just about 20 minutes, that window I was looking for was booked. I suppose if we request a seat, that might even delay our seating to closer to the 7:30 time slot I wanted. I wonder though, doesn't everyone want a window? They must hate that request. I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask. And if I think about it, that 10 minute difference in timing probably doesn't make a huge difference. At least I hope not. Still not sure if I want to watch fireworks from in restaurant our out on deck. Have you experienced either and which do you prefer?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. laura428

laura428 DIS Veteran

Checking out the menu while waiting - have the prices gone up?? Seems way higher than I remember. No DDP this time, and even if we pick up TIW, not sure I can justify the cost for 4. :/

4. Eastern

Eastern DIS Veteran

We prefer out on the deck. It's funner.

5. visegrip72

visegrip72 Earning My Ears

Just go for dessert or share meals.

6. BeastsFlower

BeastsFlower Mouseketeer

Thank you!! I just read that it is super crowded up there to watch Wishes. I wonder if it is even worth it. I was doing it for the view of Wishes. Decisions, Decisions. lol

7. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

at least with the old set up there were really only a relatively small number of tables that you could get a really good view of Wishes from so we always went out on the observation deck. They pipe in the music there and we go in October so the weather is usually pretty good (not too hot - though Floridians might think it too cool, but good for us northerners).

8. thestevied

thestevied DIS Veteran

Booked for dinner for Sunday 29th sept. shame there's no wishes that night!

9. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

I'm glad I subscribed to this thread because I would have forgotten to get my reservation! We're there on 1/2 at 9:00pm and Wishes is at 10:00. We're at VGF so my DD is excited to be able to take the monorail to dinner :). FWIW, there were NO reservations available between 7:25 and 9:00 for that day. I don't know if they are already gone (hard to believe) or if they are holding those reservations back.

10. ddluvsdisney

ddluvsdisney DIS Veteran

Thanks to everyone on this thread. I just got my ADR for my DH's b-day in December ( Christmas week!!!) for 7:45.

I probably wouldn't have been able to get the date and time w/out this awesome thread!!!! I'm so happy. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

11. want2bminnie

want2bminnie Mouseketeer

Got my reservation for 9/21!!

It will be my first time eating there!! :cool1:

12. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

just looking at the old menu (wdwinfo still has the old one up - http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=105#menu)

Pork entree is the exact same price. Fillet of Beef went up $1. Goat cheese ravioli is the exact same price. Kazan roll went up $2. Fish looks like it went up a bit (though not the exact same dish) - the Snapper was $36 and now the Salmon is $42 and the Halibut is also $42

So looks like up a tad but not double or anything

13. MarianoC

MarianoC Earning My Ears

The official website is not showing the Child Menu (wdwinfo.com does but as you said it's the old menu)...but I guess it's still there, right ? :scratchin

14. Eastern

Eastern DIS Veteran

We usually get a couple of flatbreads to start and then we each order sushi as our main. We don't usually order dessert, but we might share one and that is enough.

Starter, main, and dessert is a lot of food; I physically couldn't do it! It is also very expensive, and I see many people say, "I didn't finish any of it because I wanted to save room for the next course". We just order less to begin with and share with each other if we want to try something.

The prices are definitely high, but they'll get it. 15-16 bucks for a salad seems kooky. The shrimp starter sounds good, but $20? It can really add up!

Honestly, if you are paying $49 for a beef dish, they should throw in a salad for free.

Can you imagine not knowing about the prices before you get there, and then looking at the menu for the first time? :O

15. nittanyliongirl02

nittanyliongirl02 DIS Veteran

Made my reservation for 10/5 at 7:30pm...9:00pm Wishes. :thumbsup2

16. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

That's because there is Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party that night ... so Hallowishes at 9:30 :thumbsup2

17. River Country

River Country DIS Jedi

I think i got my ADR on 12/6 at 6:55 but when i went to finalize it it said server busy but then i went to MY Reservations and its there and did not cancel the other ADR i had for the same time at Cape May Cafe.

I am on hold to make sure

18. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

I assume they will have a childrens menu of some sort ... but you are right, new one isn't posted yet

19. mommary

mommary DIS Veteran

I got the two reservations I wanted for my October and January trips!
    Very pleased.:yay:

20. BeastsFlower

BeastsFlower Mouseketeer

Are drinks expensive there?

21. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

How fortunate are you:thumbsup2 I was really having a difficult tiime making up my mind. I ended up cancelling my Citricos and replaced it with Cali Grill. After a few minutes of thinking, as much as I want to do AP I wanted Citricos even more so when I looked there was now an opening for Citricos the night of our ADR at AP... Done!!

The only other option for us would have been to cancel Narcoossee's on our first night but we love the place and it has become our arrival night tradition.