Official Cake Chatter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep that is what he told me in an email...word for word from the email:
"Fillings we offer white choc mousse, choc mousse, butter cream (vanilla or choc), fruit mousse, custard and strawberries."

He has been wonderful to work with through email. I called: 407-827-2253 and listened to the prompts to get to the CR. Once I was speaking with someone they gave me an email to send pics and desriptions of what I wanted. Brian emailed back, answering some questions I had and we went from there. Once Brian and I had everything worked out he told me to call back the # above and place the order. They did ask for a credit card # but it was just to "hold" the order. The card will not be charged ahead of time. Infact I was told I could have the price of the cake added to my dining bill if I wanted.

AND, just and FYI, my dd doesn't like strawberries, so when Brian made her cake, he just used the custard and no strawberries! :)

WDW09885.jpg

I think I know the answer but I'll ask anyway. For a special cake for a soon to be 9 year old DD who I don't want to risk disappointing, would you go for dinner and birthday cake at Cali Grill or 1900 Park Fare? I see beautiful cakes from both restaurants, but I'm thinking that we'd be happier with Cakemanbri at the CR over Pat at the GF - just sounds to me like some people are wowed by their GF cakes, while others are very disappointed. Any opinions? We will likely dine at both the mentioned restaurants on our trip; just need to make the ADR's soon and we want to have a cake our first night, which is actually the day before her birthday (so we can enjoy the leftovers : )

Also, DD has asked about a Daisy Duck cake and I've yet to see one. I told her that she isn't likely to get a 3D white chocolate Daisy figurine; just the 2 dimensional kind. Anyone ever asked for or seen a Daisy cake?

So I have a call into Joy to see what they can do for me at Teppan Edo for a cake for DS and MIL it's going to be a joint one! I'm hoping for a monorail but if not mickey will due!

I think we're going to get our cake delivered to Ohana's this time.

Does anyone know which fillings and cakes are options there?

Can we have the ganache frosting there?

TIA

We have a Disney trip in 3 weeks. i still have not decided if I should get a cake at Narcoosee's (spelling) or have it delivered to our room at Wilderness lodge. Not seen many cakes from there. It will be for our 10th Anniversary. Thanks in advance.

We are booked for an illuminations cruise in January for my daughter's birthday. They told me to call Private Dining to order a cake for the cruise. Does anyone know where this cake will come from or what my choices will be?

Does anyone know the answer to this??

Does anyone know the answer to this??

Where are you being picked-up from? On my cruise, we left from the Yacht Club. If that is where you're being picked-up from, I'll assume that is the bakery that will do the cake. They look to do great cakes based upon what I've seen posted on this thread.

How early is too early to order? Are we supposed to order around 30 days out?

I love this thread. So many great pictures and feedback. I now know exactly what I will order for DD and DS surprise celebration at Chef Mickey (first day so we can snack on the cake the rest of the week). :yay:

11/11/09 - Chef Mickey's for dinner
$47.00 8 inch round with edible image
Vanilla cake with buttercream icing

For $47.00, the excitement of my son was completely worth it. The cake was extremely cold, not like it had been in the frig cold, but like it was on the downside of dethaw cold. My son absolutely loved it and I would do it again, but my buttercream icing is better. Mine is homemade, though and since they are doing so many cakes, they may not make fresh batches each day or may buy tubs from someone else.

I wish I had taken a picture with my flash on so that you could see Pluto better, but all in all, it was great! So happy that Brian made it for us.

Mary
Cakecopy.jpg

Anyone order the special cakes for a Birthday etc.? I was thinking of ordering one for my son's14th birthday when we eat at Whispering Canyon Cafe. What is the price and are they good? Anyone have a pic by chance?

I ordered a cake for my Husbands 39th Birthday yesterday from Wilderness lodge bakery...

I asked if they could do any Jack Skellington, pirtaes or haunted mansion theamed caked..she told me they could screen print Jack, or Pirates but could do a Haunted mansion theamed cake with decorations. She said they had done one a few weeks ago that turned out amazing.
I do not care for screen print so I opted for the haunted mansion one. Vanilla cake with buttercream icing...

Break down of cost..
10 inch 2 tier vanilla cake .......45.00
cake decorations.....................8.00
delivery to room charge............3.00
tax, gratuities 18%................ 9.54

Total .................................$65.54

Her name was Summer, and she was very helpful. She assured me the cake would be georgous, and that it would be fresh.
When I called to see about one delivered to the resturant we will be at in DHS that day the lady I spoke with was very rude... needless to say I did not order from DHS bakery.

We leave in 16 days. I will return with pics. :)

I ordered a cake for my Husbands 39th Birthday yesterday from Wilderness lodge bakery...

I asked if they could do any Jack Skellington, pirtaes or haunted mansion theamed caked..she told me they could screen print Jack, or Pirates but could do a Haunted mansion theamed cake with decorations. She said they had done one a few weeks ago that turned out amazing.
I do not care for screen print so I opted for the haunted mansion one. Vanilla cake with buttercream icing...

Break down of cost..
10 inch 2 tier vanilla cake .......45.00
cake decorations.....................8.00
delivery to room charge............3.00
tax, gratuities 18%................ 9.54

Total .................................$65.54

Her name was Summer, and she was very helpful. She assured me the cake would be georgous, and that it would be fresh.
When I called to see about one delivered to the resturant we will be at in DHS that day the lady I spoke with was very rude... needless to say I did not order from DHS bakery.

We leave in 16 days. I will return with pics. :)

YUM!!! I am coming to your room!!! :rotfl2:

Have you seen the haunted mansion cake someone posted on here? Its gorgeous!!!

Hello miss Heather. :)
Nope..I dont think I have seen it..Not sure I wanna scroll thru 200 pages though to find it. lol

I hope this is the right thread to post this question...

We are celebrating my DD's 3rd birthday with a late breakfast (10:35) at CRT. I know about the chocolate "glass slipper" and am contemplating getting that for her. But then I wonder about the rest of us - when people do that, what does everyone else eat for dessert? I don't want my other DD sitting there with nothing, although I'm sure her sister would share. Also, do I need to order the slipper in advance?

I'm wondering if it would be better to do a cake? But with just the four of us, I really don't know if I want a cake. It would go to waste.

Any thoughts?

I hope this is the right thread to post this question...

We are celebrating my DD's 3rd birthday with a late breakfast (10:35) at CRT. I know about the chocolate "glass slipper" and am contemplating getting that for her. But then I wonder about the rest of us - when people do that, what does everyone else eat for dessert? I don't want my other DD sitting there with nothing, although I'm sure her sister would share. Also, do I need to order the slipper in advance?

I'm wondering if it would be better to do a cake? But with just the four of us, I really don't know if I want a cake. It would go to waste.

Any thoughts?

I don't know about the slipper, but they will have the dessert buffet area set up for everyone else to have for dessert.

Edit: My bad! I thought it said Chef Mickeys, not CRT. My fault for DISing with a migraine!

I don't know about the slipper, but they will have the dessert buffet area set up for everyone else to have for dessert.

Oh, thanks! Good to know. I guess I wasn't thinking there would be much dessert since it's technically breakfast time.

Does anyone know if I should call ahead for the glass slippers or are they already prepared? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter