Official Cake Chatter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, thanks! Good to know. I guess I wasn't thinking there would be much dessert since it's technically breakfast time.

Does anyone know if I should call ahead for the glass slippers or are they already prepared? Thanks!

CRT doesn't serve dessert at breakfast (and last time we went there for lunch dessert was plated, not a buffet). The slipper is pretty big and very rich -- DD and I were able to share it. When we ordered ours this Spring I called the cake hotline and followed the prompts and they were able to get it set up for me. Enjoy!:goodvibes

I ordered a cake for my Husbands 39th Birthday yesterday from Wilderness lodge bakery...

I asked if they could do any Jack Skellington, pirtaes or haunted mansion theamed caked..she told me they could screen print Jack, or Pirates but could do a Haunted mansion theamed cake with decorations. She said they had done one a few weeks ago that turned out amazing.
I do not care for screen print so I opted for the haunted mansion one. Vanilla cake with buttercream icing...

Break down of cost..
10 inch 2 tier vanilla cake .......45.00
cake decorations.....................8.00
delivery to room charge............3.00
tax, gratuities 18%................ 9.54

Total .................................$65.54

Her name was Summer, and she was very helpful. She assured me the cake would be georgous, and that it would be fresh.
When I called to see about one delivered to the resturant we will be at in DHS that day the lady I spoke with was very rude... needless to say I did not order from DHS bakery.

We leave in 16 days. I will return with pics. :)

I actually spoke to the bakery chef last week at WL-- we too will be there on the 29th :love:-- and according to Chef Eddie, they have a small bakery, very limited... but the good news is that the cakes that they are not able to actually make they have done by non other than the CR bakery. So it is very likely that your HM cake will be as awesome as the one seen previously from the CR.

(this is a bit OT, but your siggy is easy to remember :)-- didnt I see you post in the Photoshoot thread pics that you did at WL? If that was indeed you- I was only able to see maybe 5 of them? the others were that weird photobucket message, ot sure if it was just happening to me, or because it was a while ago? Anywho~ we have stayed at WL before, but have not done the photoshoot, planning to this time tho- if you still have the pics in PB could you PM them to me or bump the thread with them- if you have the time please. :worship:)

Can they do a screen print of pretty much anything (Disney related, of course, with exception of Pooh, etc)?
DS loves Philharmagic. I was able to find a pic on Google on images. Could they use it?
I don't care if they use that specificone or not, I just know Philharmagic might not be one they have lying around.

Ideally, I'd like the cake at our resort AKL, but don't know that they do these things. I'm thinking of better luck at 1900 Park Fare.

Can they do a screen print of pretty much anything (Disney related, of course, with exception of Pooh, etc)?
DS loves Philharmagic. I was able to find a pic on Google on images. Could they use it?
I don't care if they use that specificone or not, I just know Philharmagic might not be one they have lying around.

Ideally, I'd like the cake at our resort AKL, but don't know that they do these things. I'm thinking of better luck at 1900 Park Fare.

AKL can do screenprint images but I'm not sure if they have a picture library to pick from or how that works. If you want it at AKL call them first.

We are going to Nacussees for my daughters 4th bday on Dec 2nd. I want to order her a cake. I LOVE disney cake haven't had it since I got married there in 2004. Need a fixin. LOL I called GF last week and they told me they only need 2 days notice. Is this true. I would love some kind of a special cake with with tinkerbell or the princesses. Not a screenprinting. Can anyone give me tips?? should I call back and what do I need to tell them I want for a cake?? HELP!!!!

You will LOVE Narcossees! We just eat there last week YUMMY!!!!!!!

As for AKL we had a specialty cake we had one made for Jiko's for m DD10th bday and they did a FABULOUS job! When I talked to the chef they said they don't have a book to look through. Edible images they can do. We didn't do them we had a big crown on top with flowers.

Oh, thanks! Good to know. I guess I wasn't thinking there would be much dessert since it's technically breakfast time.

Does anyone know if I should call ahead for the glass slippers or are they already prepared? Thanks!

Edited my post from before, but here again: My bad! I thought it said Chef Mickeys, not CRT. My fault for DISing with a migraine!

Just talked to Virginia at AKL. She's super nice, BTW. They will deliver a cake to our room, which is great.

I asked about the edible image of Philharmagic. She talked to the chef and called me back.

This cake is just for me and DS. The chef suggested a 6" cake that is 4" high (I'm not sure if that is because there is just two of us or the image will work better--I should have asked).
The cake itself is $32. I can live with that. The image is another $30 regardless of the size.

Is this standard pricing for the edible images?

I planned to get the cake at the start of our 3 night stay even though DS's BD isn't until our last night. Thought we would indulge in a piece each night. (We're allowed! We're at Disney) But that doesn't sound like a very big cake does it?

TIA to anyone who replies.

ETA: Well, I thought I'd just ask DS if he wanted the Philharmagic cake or a Mickey Head cake. Without pause he said "Mickey Head". OK. Problem solved. :)

Just talked to Virginia at AKL. She's super nice, BTW. They will deliver a cake to our room, which is great.

I asked about the edible image of Philharmagic. She talked to the chef and called me back.

This cake is just for me and DS. The chef suggested a 6" cake that is 4" high (I'm not sure if that is because there is just two of us or the image will work better--I should have asked).
The cake itself is $32. I can live with that. The image is another $30 regardless of the size.

Is this standard pricing for the edible images?

I planned to get the cake at the start of our 3 night stay even though DS's BD isn't until our last night. Thought we would indulge in a piece each night. (We're allowed! We're at Disney) But that doesn't sound like a very big cake does it?

TIA to anyone who replies.

ETA: Well, I thought I'd just ask DS if he wanted the Philharmagic cake or a Mickey Head cake. Without pause he said "Mickey Head". OK. Problem solved. :)

Even though the problem is solved, thought I'd still respond. When I called the bakeries at the Boardwalk and at AKL this past summer, all edible images were $30. For example, if I had wanted a Lilo and Stitch cake..Lilo would've been $30 and Stitch another $30! This seemed odd to me...but perhaps there is a reason...

Even though the problem is solved, thought I'd still respond. When I called the bakeries at the Boardwalk and at AKL this past summer, all edible images were $30. For example, if I had wanted a Lilo and Stitch cake..Lilo would've been $30 and Stitch another $30! This seemed odd to me...but perhaps there is a reason...

Thanks for the reply. Satisfies my curiousity anyway. I'm surprised the edible images are that much but must be more to it than I thought. It does seem strange to pay $30 or Lilo and $30 for Stitch.

I talked to Virginia from AKL (or whereever) three times today. She was very nice and helpful :goodvibes

Hello, Fellow Cake Lovers!
Two months ago, I called Private Dining at Wilderness Lodge to order a cake to be delivered to our Villa on Tuesday, November 28. I was given an email address of a chef at the Contemporary. This Chef apparently forwarded my emailed request to Chef Brian Kruger, who has been assisting me since then.

I ordered:
10" cake - marble with chocolate mousse filling and fresh strawberries. On the exterior - I'm fine with buttercream and/or fondant - as long as it's chocolate. He is going to do an edible image imprinted on white chocolate - so that it will stand on the cake, along with whatever design elements he chooses. The cake will have a "happy birthday" message. My budget is $90.00.

The image will be Mickey as Luke Skywalker, along with Yoda and R2D2.

I emailed Chef Kruger this week to confirm, and he sent a friendly confirmation back to me.

I will post images next week!

Every single request I made was agreed-to, so I'm very excited!

Oh WOW!! That is very cool.
I hope ours looks similar to that one.:thumbsup2

(((Heather))) Thank you for posting that for me.

There is another HM cake that was done recently too. But I can't seem to remember where it was made. But since their space is limited you may end up with this famous cake! Hope it is wonderful and awesome!!!

The other cake was at the GF.

Sorry if this has already been asked but I don't have to time to read 200+ pages. If you saw my post below you know I have actually been on the dis for a while but had to create a different user name to ask questions pertaining to a surprise for someone who is also a DIS member :)

So my question: Is it possible to get one of the mini wedding cakes delivered to either Raglan Road or to our room at CBR? If not I have someone in our extended party who will pick it up for me and drop it off in our room while we are at Raglan Road. But I really don't want to make this person do that if I can avoid it. Thanks. :)

My DS6 birthday is on christmas day. We r doing DTD on christmas eve. Where can we get a small cake there that day or even nearby. We will have a car so any nearby suggestions are welcome too. I do not need a huge cake as it will be just 4 of us.

Any ideas?

Since you'll have a car, if you're willing to pick the cake up yourself I would suggest ordering one from Publix. You'll get a lot more for your money (and spend a lot less, too). You could also order one from the Boardwalk Bakery if you'd rather stay on property, and pick it up on your way.

This thread has lots of info on cake options from the various restaurants (there's just not much about DTD restaurants - but it will give you the info for BW Bakery):

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1859670

My DS6 birthday is on christmas day. We r doing DTD on christmas eve. Where can we get a small cake there that day or even nearby. We will have a car so any nearby suggestions are welcome too. I do not need a huge cake as it will be just 4 of us.

Any ideas?

Do one better, take him over to the Beach Club to Beaches and Cream and get the kitchen sink!

Hello, Fellow Cake Lovers!
Two months ago, I called Private Dining at Wilderness Lodge to order a cake to be delivered to our Villa on Tuesday, November 28. I was given an email address of a chef at the Contemporary. This Chef apparently forwarded my emailed request to Chef Brian Kruger, who has been assisting me since then.

I ordered:
10" cake - marble with chocolate mousse filling and fresh strawberries. On the exterior - I'm fine with buttercream and/or fondant - as long as it's chocolate. He is going to do an edible image imprinted on white chocolate - so that it will stand on the cake, along with whatever design elements he chooses. The cake will have a "happy birthday" message. My budget is $90.00.

The image will be Mickey as Luke Skywalker, along with Yoda and R2D2.

I emailed Chef Kruger this week to confirm, and he sent a friendly confirmation back to me.

I will post images next week!

Every single request I made was agreed-to, so I'm very excited!

Can't wait to see your cake!! We are a Star Wars loving family. :thumbsup2 When I was trying to decide what I wanted for my birthday cake I told DH that I was going to ask for Tinkerbell fighting Darth Vader with Goofy in the background so that it would include my main Disney loves. :) I'm getting a Lion King-ish cake from AKL instead. :goodvibes

I know there is a custom cake hotline for Disney. Wondering if anyone has ordered one and how much do you have to spend? My parents are celebrating their 40th while we will be in Disney. Thanks!

Melissa:)

I actually spoke to the bakery chef last week at WL-- we too will be there on the 29th :love:-- and according to Chef Eddie, they have a small bakery, very limited... but the good news is that the cakes that they are not able to actually make they have done by non other than the CR bakery. So it is very likely that your HM cake will be as awesome as the one seen previously from the CR.

(this is a bit OT, but your siggy is easy to remember :)-- didnt I see you post in the Photoshoot thread pics that you did at WL? If that was indeed you- I was only able to see maybe 5 of them? the others were that weird photobucket message, ot sure if it was just happening to me, or because it was a while ago? Anywho~ we have stayed at WL before, but have not done the photoshoot, planning to this time tho- if you still have the pics in PB could you PM them to me or bump the thread with them- if you have the time please. :worship:)

She actually said they will make it there at WL..so we shall see. Honestly Im not real worried about it. Were just gonna eat it, ya know. ;)

Yes, we did do a shoot at WL last year and I did post the pics in the photo shoot thread. Im sorry they didnt show up. I do not have them on PB anymore, BUT I am working on reuploading all my old Disney pics so When I get them done I will PM you. They really turned out good....as a matter of fact we have another one schedualed for the day we arrive (in just 15 days) Woohoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter