Official Cake Chatter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the replys. I might look into the places mentioned. The cake I'm wanting is a belated wedding cake but not decorated like a wedding cake.

We are booked for an illuminations cruise in January for my daughter's birthday. They told me to call Private Dining to order a cake for the cruise. Does anyone know where this cake will come from or what my choices will be?

We just got back from WDW and we had a special Gluten Free cake made at Jiko's for my dd's 10th bday and it was AMAZING! No pictures YET but when I can I will post!
My dd loved it and said it was so yummy. I personally didn't like it but it was Gluten free so I wasn't expecting to love it. It was gorgeous though. The only thing I was upset with was that the flowers on the cake weren't edible but once I though about it it could be because the kind they make aren't gluten free.
the cake was HUGE we got a 10inch. We stayed in our DVC so we brought it back to the hotel and froze it then actually carried it with us on the plan home! It certainly shifted ut stayed intact pretty well. so now she gets to enjoy it for awhile!

I only requested 1 tier- as matter of fact- the primary color 1 tier mad hatter that is all over this thread is the cake I wanted. But when the lady came back on the phone this is what she said:
- “I just spoke with one of the Bakery Chefs. They can use an 8 inch van. and a 10 inch van. cake to make a Mad Hatter cake. They would use fondant frosting for this cake. The price is $75.00 plus tax. Will be a fresh made cake.
I Requested Primary Colors with “Have a Mad Mad Birthday Jimmy!” inscription.

Sorry for the confusion- and I'm not sure why she changed it to 2 tier, but I'm not gonna complain for $75... maybe Mama Melrose doesn't get as many orders for special cakes?:confused3

Maybe GF can demand a higher price because there's more demand for the cakes?

I ordered a madhatter cake from Brian at the CR, I sent him a picture of what I wanted (one I got off the cake thread) and he quoted me a price of $100. I am not sure if the cake is a 1 tier or 2 tier.

We are staying at OKW and I would like a custom cake for my son's 1st birthday. We would like to have it in our room instead of a restaurant.

My options are to call the F&B Manager at OKW and see what they can do OR I can contact BW Bakery and ask for a custom cake that I will pick up and bring to my room. Is that correct?

I have the F&B phone number. I can use the Cake Hotline number to reach BW Bakery or I could use this number previously posted 407-939-2939. What is the name I should ask for when calling?

Does anyone know the phone # for BW private dining? I wanted to call and ask about having a cake delivered to our room on our upcoming trip.

ETA: got to it from the cake hotline :)

I just got back fom Walt Disney World yesterday and it ws my brothers birthday last thursday so we had gotten a special order cake from Hollywood Studios at Mama Melroses. I had asked for a 10 in. Marble cake with buttercream which is what I got but I had called so many time changing what we wanted and how we wanted it to turn out. Now I know because I called so many times it would be a littl confusing but I did not realize the people that were putting the order together could not spell. When I called I wanted a sorcerer mickey out of molded chocolate with the classic scene where the brooms and water are splashing up and such. Well she called me back and explained they did not have a mold for that so we would just do a plain mickey statue and a screen print of sorcerer mickey. Now I do not feel it is either persons fault because it was spelled wrong and looked closer to Sorcerer Mickey when we saw the sheet but we got Soccer Mickey. We also got a molded mickey which i had called to cancel before the 48 hour mark and it even said it on the sheet. I understand and it was a beautiful cake but it had a mickey statue, a soccer mickey screen print, and flowers. Luckily my brother loves soccer so it was fitting but it was just depressing to see it. I will have my dad post the pictures when he gets back from Disney World on Wednesday. We are hoping to atleast get our money for statue which we said we did not want and it was written on the sheet we recieved. Sorry if its a lot to read I was just trying to give the background info and the planning behind it.

wow that sounds like an extrememly busy cake!! If the order form said to cancel the mickey statue, then i don't see why the restaurant charged you for it. :confused3 It's not your fault they messed up the order.

We just got back from WDW and we had a special Gluten Free cake made at Jiko's for my dd's 10th bday and it was AMAZING! No pictures YET but when I can I will post!
My dd loved it and said it was so yummy. I personally didn't like it but it was Gluten free so I wasn't expecting to love it. It was gorgeous though. The only thing I was upset with was that the flowers on the cake weren't edible but once I though about it it could be because the kind they make aren't gluten free.
the cake was HUGE we got a 10inch. We stayed in our DVC so we brought it back to the hotel and froze it then actually carried it with us on the plan home! It certainly shifted ut stayed intact pretty well. so now she gets to enjoy it for awhile!

So glad your daughter loved it and she got plenty to take home to enjoy later!

Hi, I am not sure if they do WEDDING cakes but the PUBLIX on VINELAND has a BAKERY. So maybe you could CALL and ask about a WEDDING cake.:) GOOD LUCK! Joan

Publix may be a good option to consider even though it may sound strange to get a wedding cake from a grocery store. They make really good and beautiful cakes. You might want to check out their website where they have some examples. I'm not sure what you are looking for, but they do make mini wedding cakes. They also make "Decadent Dessert" cakes which are really good. They run about $20-25 and serve 8-10 people. I've had the Chocolate Lover's Delight and the Raspberry Elegance.

Other local bakeries that do good specialty cakes are Sprinkles Custom cakes in Winter Park and Bake Me a Cake Pastry and Shop and Bakery in Altamonte Springs. I'm not sure about their prices or delivery.

Well, I think we will end up with a cake after all. I have been emailing Brian at the CR about the cake I wanted. He has been awesome!! I won't be able to get the 2 tier cake with the cake, fillings and frosting I had wanted but I am getting a 10" decorated how I want. It should be great (fingers crossed)! :)

Anyone with info involving ordering a special occ. cake from the Crystal Palace?

Beginning to follow this thread again in hopes of making it back for my daughters next birthday. I think, from what I've read, that you can only get podium cakes at Crystal Palace. I do know that they will bring you a birthday cupcake with wicked good frosting for free when you tell them about the birthday upon arrival, or with your reservation. We were there this past summer and they brought them to us after our breakfast:goodvibes

You might be able to get a Mickey head cake. I think your best bet, is just to call them and ask. Things change from time to time.

We have adr's at Narcossee's and Cali Grill, if CP can't manage my request I can hope for the other two. Thanks.

Beginning to follow this thread again in hopes of making it back for my daughters next birthday. I think, from what I've read, that you can only get podium cakes at Crystal Palace. I do know that they will bring you a birthday cupcake with wicked good frosting for free when you tell them about the birthday upon arrival, or with your reservation. We were there this past summer and they brought them to us after our breakfast:goodvibes

You might be able to get a Mickey head cake. I think your best bet, is just to call them and ask. Things change from time to time.

I ordered my BFF a Mickey Head cake for his 40th birthday back in September for Crystal Palace and it was CUTE and delicious...got vanilla cake on the inside because the outside was chocolate and w/ chocolate gnache on the sides....call this number it's the direct line to Magic Kingdom Cakes: 407.824.7091

Well I'm really not sure what to do now? I got an email back from Brian at the CR regarding the cake I want to order. This is what Brian said: The smallest two tiered cake we can do would be a 6" on top of a 10" and the price would be $400. As far as cakes go we offer yellow, chocolate and marble. Fillings we offer white choc mousse, choc mousse, butter cream (vanilla or choc), fruit mousse, custard and strawberries.

Wait- Brian told you that he could do the custard & strawberries??!!! That's what I wanted and last week I read that he couldn't do that... if that's true, then you've made my day!! :banana::cool1::dance3:

I NEED to call him... I've got 22 days left...

I forgot to ask when I called yesterday but what is the "fruit mousse"?
Is it the white or chocolate mousse filling with fruit added or is it a fruit flavored mousse?

Yep that is what he told me in an email...word for word from the email:
"Fillings we offer white choc mousse, choc mousse, butter cream (vanilla or choc), fruit mousse, custard and strawberries."

He has been wonderful to work with through email. I called: 407-827-2253 and listened to the prompts to get to the CR. Once I was speaking with someone they gave me an email to send pics and desriptions of what I wanted. Brian emailed back, answering some questions I had and we went from there. Once Brian and I had everything worked out he told me to call back the # above and place the order. They did ask for a credit card # but it was just to "hold" the order. The card will not be charged ahead of time. Infact I was told I could have the price of the cake added to my dining bill if I wanted.

I hear a lot of storage questions about will the cake hold the cake or deliver it to our room after. We are eating at Cali Grill and I'm getting DH a birthday cake. Since I won't be getting a big cake, I'm thinking I'm just going to stash it in a locker at the park before we head back to the resort. How do they box it up afterwards?

Wait- Brian told you that he could do the custard & strawberries??!!! That's what I wanted and last week I read that he couldn't do that... if that's true, then you've made my day!! :banana::cool1::dance3:

I NEED to call him... I've got 22 days left...

He's doing my DD14's that we are having on 11/21 and that Brian is making has the custard and strawberry filling. Good luck!:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter