Official Cake Chatter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I ordered a cake from the Contemporary, I asked them to confirm the list of flavors I had... I provided lurkyloo's list from the Boardwalk (which is far less than the Grand Floridian), and Brian confirmed that the Boardwalk list was correct.

oh, no, seriously? I was sooo looking forward to having Bavarian Cream with Fresh Strawberries for my cake filler. Oh, well, as long as I get Brian <--- :worship: to make my cake, I'll pick something else... I just have to keep in mind that it is a SMALL detail in the grand scheme of things... in fact, I think I'll call over right now before I forget. I just looked at my countdown and somehow, 30 days has crept up on me... OH NO, 30 days!!! Not enough time!!!! :scared1:

Hi everyone.

I posted this before, but never got an answer, so I thought I would give it another shot!

My family will be heading out to WDW at the end of February to celebrate my daughter's 1st birthday. I was thinking about ordering a cake, but I'm unsure as to what sort of cake to order. I was hoping that someone might have some pictures or suggestions for a 1st birthday cake.

I know that the cake is really more for us than for our little one, but that's okay! I am more interested in the pictures and memories than anything else. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.:cutie:

Hi, did you try looking at the cake thread that has just pictures? This is where I went to get ideas for my sister's birthday cake that we ordered while we are down there. :)

oh, no, seriously? I was sooo looking forward to having Bavarian Cream with Fresh Strawberries for my cake filler. Oh, well, as long as I get Brian <--- :worship: to make my cake, I'll pick something else... I just have to keep in mind that it is a SMALL detail in the grand scheme of things... in fact, I think I'll call over right now before I forget. I just looked at my countdown and somehow, 30 days has crept up on me... OH NO, 30 days!!! Not enough time!!!! :scared1:

I'm confused. This is a quote from the cake pictures thread:
Cake: 10" vanilla with strawberry custard filling, rolled fondant with image transfers on the sides, flowers and plaque were provided, egg topper was provided by us.
Made by: CR bakery
Delivered to: CRT (for breakfast)
Cost: IIFR $95 ($45 for cake, $30 for images, bal is tax and 18% grat)

Made by: CR Bakery- wouldn't that be Contemporary Resort Bakery?

Brian, himself, confirmed the list lurkyloo provided to me (copied and pasted below).

Cake Flavors
Chocolate
Vanilla
Marble

Filling Flavors
Buttercream
White Chocolate Mousse
Dark Chocolate Mousse
Fruit Mousse

Icing
White Buttercream
Chocolate Buttercream
Whipped Cream

You can ask. That's all you can do.

I have ordered my Lion King-y 8" vanilla cake with chocolate mousse and chocolate icing cake from AKL for December. I spoke with the Chef on Saturday and let him know that I didn't want a printed image of Simba but other than that I'd leave it up to him and his team of pastry magicians. He said something about a chocolate figure of Simba and Nala and pawprints and then handed the phone back to Virginia who was the lady that I spoke with on a few occaisions. I was told that the 8" cake, undecorated, would be $32 but I wasn't given a price for chocolate figures. I'm wondering if I should call back just so I don't end up with a $100+ cake. It is for my birthday ;) but I don't want it to be over-the-top pricewise, kwim. Do they have a standard price for things like that or should I call back?

Hello,

I have been trying to contact someone about a special cake order but the e-mail address I have come's back as an error (I got it from this thread). And the phone number goes so far, and then just hangs up.

Can someone please help. I want to special order a cake for our dinner at the Whispering Canyon, at the Wilderness Lodge.

Thanks in Advance,

Kathryn:hippie:

Brian, himself, confirmed the list lurkyloo provided to me (copied and pasted below).

Cake Flavors
Chocolate
Vanilla
Marble

Filling Flavors
Buttercream
White Chocolate Mousse
Dark Chocolate Mousse
Fruit Mousse

Icing
White Buttercream
Chocolate Buttercream
Whipped Cream

You can ask. That's all you can do.

Thanks, Jennifer!

Is it a woman thing that we're never happy? I should just be happy that I get to have my birthday in Disney World. and just be happy that I get to have my birthday in Disney World and get to have a cake presented to me to make me the center of attention at a character meal. It shouldn't matter that it's not THE cake, right?
It's probably partial remnants from me not having the wedding of my dreams, so I didn't get to have the cake of my dreams (although, I did have a pretty awesome cake)... anywhoo, I'm going to choose to be happy with my cake whatever it ends up being.
Right now we have ressies at CM @ 11:20, but I'm going to keep trying for 1900 PF for the same time frame.

Okay, enough whining for now. I have to get my son's birthday invites out TODAY! :guilty:

I have ordered my Lion King-y 8" vanilla cake with chocolate mousse and chocolate icing cake from AKL for December. I spoke with the Chef on Saturday and let him know that I didn't want a printed image of Simba but other than that I'd leave it up to him and his team of pastry magicians. He said something about a chocolate figure of Simba and Nala and pawprints and then handed the phone back to Virginia who was the lady that I spoke with on a few occaisions. I was told that the 8" cake, undecorated, would be $32 but I wasn't given a price for chocolate figures. I'm wondering if I should call back just so I don't end up with a $100+ cake. It is for my birthday ;) but I don't want it to be over-the-top pricewise, kwim. Do they have a standard price for things like that or should I call back?

the chocolate figures run about 15 dollars or so. we had an 8* vanilla cake with figment decorations for my son's bday and the whole thing was around 50 dollars. be aware that they say the cake serves 10 but there were four of us and i do believe we got 12 pieces out of it.

the chocolate figures run about 15 dollars or so. we had an 8* vanilla cake with figment decorations for my son's bday and the whole thing was around 50 dollars. be aware that they say the cake serves 10 but there were four of us and i do believe we got 12 pieces out of it.

Depends on whether the chocolate pieces are the 3 dimensional ones or the 2 dimensional ones. The 3D ones are $25 and the flat ones are $15.

I have seen quite a range in what prices the chocolate statues.

I paid $18 when I bought a Donald statue at the GF Gingerbread house. I also paid $25 for a Mickey statue at the Boardwalk.

I've seen some people on these cake threads quoted $30 as the price or a statue.

I'd call back and ask so there's no surprises.

My dd will be celebrating her 10th birthday on APril 26. We will be having dinner at Chef Mickey. I wanted to order her a birthday cake. Do I call the main number or the CR to order her a cake??

I am sooo excited!!! Our trip is 3 weeks away today, and I got an email today from Brian about my cake. I emailed Jessi to touch base on it and to see if we could get ganache instead of fondant. Brian emailed me back, and I gave him a buget and a minnie mouse theme in red, black and white and told him to do what he wanted with it. I have seen so many truly awesome cakes from him, so I am really excited to see ours.

How long did it take the chef to call you back? It's been 2 days since I spoke to Christine at the AKL.

My dd will be celebrating her 10th birthday on APril 26. We will be having dinner at Chef Mickey. I wanted to order her a birthday cake. Do I call the main number or the CR to order her a cake??

You will call Chef Mickeys directly if you want a custom one.

Hi, did you try looking at the cake thread that has just pictures? This is where I went to get ideas for my sister's birthday cake that we ordered while we are down there. :)

I did check it out. I just didn't find exactly what I was looking for. Maybe I'm too picky! I was hoping to that someone might have a 1st birthday specific cake.:)

Does anyone have an email address for the GF Bakery (Pat)? I called two days ago and left all the info regarding the cake I wnted with another lady who answered. I wanted to email a picture of what my idea came from to her. TIA

Does anyone have an email address for the GF Bakery (Pat)? I called two days ago and left all the info regarding the cake I wnted with another lady who answered. I wanted to email a picture of what my idea came from to her. TIA

If you call back, they will provide you with the appropriate email address.

How long did it take the chef to call you back? It's been 2 days since I spoke to Christine at the AKL.

I spoke with Virginia on Thursday, she called my cell and left a voice mail on Saturday and when I called her back she put me on hold to try to get the chef. We were just about to end the call when he walked in and I was able to talk with him. So (sorry for the babbling) it was two days. I didn't expect to hear back from them on the weekend.

Well, I just called and placed my order for a cake to be delivered to the room on Fri 11/27 for my parent's 40th anniv. After reading all these threads I was worried it would be such a hassle. What a surprise I had!:thumbsup2 It was a piece of cake!:rotfl2: (no pun intended:)) I talked to Sally at the Cont and she zipped thru all the options and what I wanted. I don't think I was on the phone 10 minutes. I just hope it looks as good as some other people's have been. I ordered a vanilla cake with buttercream frosting and white chocolate filling. I told her I wanted it to look like a wedding cake with white red and pink flowers piled on top. They say the 40th anniv is the ruby and my parent's wedding was red and pink. What a fun surprise it will be! I hope it looks and tastes good!:lovestruc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter