Official Cake Chatter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if i can get a cake delivered to my room at SSR? We are staying there in Dec for our wedding anniversary and i would love to get a replica of the top tier of our wedding cake?

Is there an email address i can use? Its difficult to phone as im trying to do this as a surprise and any time i seem to be alone the time difference makes it hard to call.

Because SSR doesn't have Private Dining, you'd have to call the Cake Hotline, select Option 6 for SSR, and then select the "Turf Club" option, which actually connects you with Artist's Palate. Then you press 1 to get a voicemail box for cake orders. I left a message asking for an email address - we'll see if they actually call back.

Hi! I have been a longtime lurker. And just wanted to say how great all this informaton is and how wonderful u guys are. Just wanted to ask a question does anyone know what flavors or fillings the CR has? TIA

Here is a list of all the wedding cake flavors offered by the Grand Floridian Bakery. Each bakery's capacities are different, so I can't guarantee that the Contemporary would offer all the same choices, but it might give you an idea of flavors to ask for:

Cake Flavors

Yellow
Chocolate
Marble
Carrot
Red Velvet
Lemon
Orange
Almond

Filling Flavors

White Chocolate Mousse
Dark Chocolate Mousse
Milk Chocolate Mousse
Raspberry Mousse
Orange Mousse
Amaretto Mousse
Strawberry Mousse
Passion Fruit Mousse
German Chocolate
Buttercream
Cream Cheese
Peanut Butter
Peanut Butter Cup (chocolate and peanut butter mousses layered together)
Bavarian Cream
Bailey's Mousse
Blackberry Mousse
Mocha Mousse
Fresh Strawberries
Fresh Raspberries
White Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Strawberries/Raspberries
Bavarian Cream with Fresh Strawberries
Passion Fruit Mousse with Fresh Raspberries
Dark Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Raspberries
Strawberry Mousse with Fresh Strawberries
Raspberry Mousse with Fresh Raspberries

does anyone know if they will deliver a cake to Fulton's Crab House in Downtown disney?

Where is the Boardwalk Bakery in comparison to Fulton's?

Fulton's is not owned by Disney so you cannot order a cake there through Disney's Cake Hotline - you would need to call the restaurant directly.

Here is a map from the BoardWalk to Fulton's:

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=1...53575&sspn=1.153709,1.050966&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=14

I am also curious about delivering to SSR? Also what is the smallest size 2 tier cake they will customize and roughly what does it cost? I would like to order a cake when DH and I are there in Dec The problem is he loves chocolate and I hate chocolate so I was looking into a 2 tiers (a flavor we each like). This trip is a belated honeymoon as we never got to have one when we got married nor did we have cake/reception. TIA

SSR - see reply, above. If you can pick up from BoardWalk Bakery, the smallest 2-tier cake is a tiny personal-size cake, but it would have to be all one flavor. I believe the smallest full-size 2-tier cake they will do is a 6-inch on an 8-inch, which runs somewhere north of $200. It would be much cheaper to order two personal-size cakes in two different flavors - they run about $30 or less.

We're going to Cali Grill for my daughter's second birthday in January. (YAAAAAAAY!!) Anywho- I called the cake hotline and the lady said they have the white cakes with some sort of graphic on them. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a list of the options they offer or even pictures? Thanks for any info!

Disney doesn't publish a list of options or offer pictures, but it sounds like what she was describing for you is the infamous podium cake, a previously frozen 6-inch cake in chocolate or vanilla with a screen-printed white chocolate disc on top. Here's the one we got around Halloween last year:

93b7ba31.jpg

Clueless here - help would be appreciated!

Want to order a cake for a birthday dinner for my twins at 1900 Park Fare.
Only 6 of us... so don't want anything too big (though we are big cake eaters!)

Was thinking of 6" or 8". Will they do that size custom? Does that size give us a sarah lee cake instead?

Can I used TiW on this?

We'd like to spend around $50 ($60 absolute max).
We want buttercream - filling, icing, so pretty simple in that regard.
Main thing is we obviously want it decorated beautifully!

Not sure yet theme or character. Twins love Pluto if we did a character....otherwise not sure... something whimsical for 7 year old boy/girl twins.

If you don't want a fondant-covered cake, you may be able to get one for less than $50, but they will try to push the pre-made chocolate/chocolate or vanilla/vanilla 6- or 8-inch cakes on you. If you're offered a 6-inch for $21 and told you can just request it when you get to the restaurant, that's a podium cake. According to certain cake thread lurkers who claim to be in the know, Disney does not use Sara Lee cakes anymore, but they are definitely premade and previously frozen.

There have been mixed reports of the billing system for custom cakes, but in general, people aren't charged until they get to the restaurant, which means you can use your TIW card. The only thing is, that triggers the automatic 18% gratuity, but it may still be worth it to you.

When I ordered a cake from the Contemporary, I asked them to confirm the list of flavors I had... I provided lurkyloo's list from the Boardwalk (which is far less than the Grand Floridian), and Brian confirmed that the Boardwalk list was correct.

A-ha! So in that case, the Contemporary's flavor choices would be:

Cake Flavors
Chocolate
Vanilla
Marble

Filling Flavors
Buttercream
White Chocolate Mousse
Dark Chocolate Mousse
Fruit Mousse

Icing
White Buttercream
Chocolate Buttercream
Whipped Cream

Thanks, Jennifaerie! Wish we could see a pic of the cake you got.... :rolleyes1

Thanks for the reply. I saw a Goofy cake posted in the other cake thread...post #145 by oybolshoi. I was wondering if anyone knows how much this cost? Thanks!

There is another cake thread? Where?:confused3

OH... and can anyone tell me how the red velvet cake is from the GF? I was thinking of switching to red velvet with white choc mousse filling. Anyone? TIA!

Thanks for the reply. I saw a Goofy cake posted in the other cake thread...post #145 by oybolshoi. I was wondering if anyone knows how much this cost? Thanks!

She said it cost $300 before tax and the 18% gratuity. That part didn't make it into the Cake Gallery post...

There is another cake thread? Where?:confused3

OH... and can anyone tell me how the red velvet cake is from the GF? I was thinking of switching to red velvet with white choc mousse filling. Anyone? TIA!

There's a Cake Gallery where just the photos and pricing are posted, so people don't have to wade thru this thread to see pretty pictures:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=30801085

The link is also in the first post on this thread.

I didn't think the GF's red velvet was anything to write home about. I know red velvet isn't s'posed to be super-chocolatety, but this was pretty flavorless. Other brides had warned us not to get red velvet, but we didn't listen! :rotfl:

Hello everyone!

I have a question about ordering cakes and it seems that this is the place to ask it!!

The situation is that it is my Mum's birthday on 31st Dec (NYE) and we plan to spend it in Epcot. We have a reservation at Chefs de France for 12 pm (Midday) and I would love to order her a cake. Especially as her birthday gets over shadowed by NYE and I plan to make this day all about her. However, as you may have guessed, carrying the remains of a cake around on NYE at Disneyworld may not be too practical! I was wondering if it is possible to have it packed up after we've finished eating and sent back to our resort (AKL)?

If not, another idea I've had is having a cake sent to our room the night before. We arrive on the 30th and I thought maybe we could have the cake waiting for her in the room when we arrive. We are DVC members so we will have a fridge to keep it in.

What do you think? Thanks in advance for any help!!! :goodvibes

From everything I have read here you would probably be better off ordering a cake for your mom through private dining at the AKL.

Epcot only offers those icky podium cakes so if you want something a little nicer (and tastier) you should try your resort. I've seen some amazing looking cakes posted here that were created at the AKL, and then you wouldn't have to worry about trying to get it sent back to your resort from a restaurant ... which isn't something that I think most restaurants are willing to do.

There are more knowledgable people on this thread than me and I'm sure they will have plenty of advice for you as the day wears on. Good luck and have a great trip! :goodvibes

Hello everyone!

I have a question about ordering cakes and it seems that this is the place to ask it!!

The situation is that it is my Mum's birthday on 31st Dec (NYE) and we plan to spend it in Epcot. We have a reservation at Chefs de France for 12 pm (Midday) and I would love to order her a cake. Especially as her birthday gets over shadowed by NYE and I plan to make this day all about her. However, as you may have guessed, carrying the remains of a cake around on NYE at Disneyworld may not be too practical! I was wondering if it is possible to have it packed up after we've finished eating and sent back to our resort (AKL)?

If not, another idea I've had is having a cake sent to our room the night before. We arrive on the 30th and I thought maybe we could have the cake waiting for her in the room when we arrive. We are DVC members so we will have a fridge to keep it in.

What do you think? Thanks in advance for any help!!! :goodvibes

I am sure this has been answered so I apologize in advance for asking again. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed :confused3

My daughter LOVES Alice in Wonderland so I want to get her cake, as 'done up' Alice (not Mad Hatter) as I can get but I want to pick it up as I do not think I can get such a cake delivered to POR.

Can someone point me in the right direction for a) a bakery that could do such a cake and b) would allow me to pick it up?

Boardwalk said they would just do a sugar picture which isn't what I had in mind. I'd like it more 'done up'. I spoke with Pat af GF, and she could do one, but she said I have to be dining at Kona or GF to order it through her which isn't an option ON her birthday. We will be dining at Kona 2 days prior so I thought maybe I could get it then and then give it to her on her birthday. But Pat said they HAVE to deliver it to the table :confused:

Help!!

Boardwalk is the only 'real' bakery that you can walk in to and pick up a cake. All other resort bakeries are for their resort only and deliver onsite to your room or one of their restaurants.

Hello fellow disers and cake lovers! I'm hoping to order a mickey head cake from Boardwalk Bakery and figure I may have to pick it up since we're staying at POFQ. Does anyone know the hours BB is open or what days and times they're open for cake pick up? Thanks for any info?

One more Q - are there buses that run from DTD to Boardwalk? I've never been to the Boardwalk before.

I spoke with a lady at the BW Bakery yesterday. I was calling to inquire about ordering a cake. She asked me what I wanted and I started telling her and she kind of interrupted me and said I could not do that and if I wanted anything custom on it it had to be Mickey. This did not make any sense to me as I have seen many cakes done that were not Mickey. I am looking to have a cake decorated with skulls on it (like the ones that are on the HM cakes or pirate cakes) but not specifically one of those cakes. Maybe a spider web nothing to elaborate. She said if I wanted skulls it would have to be halloween related with other halloween items, not what I want. Does this make sense to anyone?

Does anyone know of someone specifically I could ask for when trying to call again.
This is what my idea came from (not that many tiers)

Julie+t-lw-undead.JPG

From everything I have read here you would probably be better off ordering a cake for your mom through private dining at the AKL.

Epcot only offers those icky podium cakes so if you want something a little nicer (and tastier) you should try your resort. I've seen some amazing looking cakes posted here that were created at the AKL, and then you wouldn't have to worry about trying to get it sent back to your resort from a restaurant ... which isn't something that I think most restaurants are willing to do.

There are more knowledgable people on this thread than me and I'm sure they will have plenty of advice for you as the day wears on. Good luck and have a great trip! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for your advice! I think I may go with your AKL suggestion. We're not planning on staying til midnight on NYE anyway (Only to see the first fireworks as by then it will be the new year in England anyway! :lmao:) Might have it waiting for her then. I guess the best thing will be to ask what they do - a bit early as yet but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Anyone else have anymore adivce?

Does anyone know of someone specifically I could ask for when trying to call again.
This is what my idea came from (not that many tiers)

Julie+t-lw-undead.JPG

I can't help but I think that is an Alchemy cake's cake (I think I spelled that wrong). She does fantastic cakes! I don't think this is much different than the HM cakes I have seen. I think I would call back.

My daughter LOVES Alice in Wonderland so I want to get her cake, as 'done up' Alice (not Mad Hatter) as I can get but I want to pick it up as I do not think I can get such a cake delivered to POR.

Can someone point me in the right direction for a) a bakery that could do such a cake and b) would allow me to pick it up?

Boardwalk said they would just do a sugar picture which isn't what I had in mind. I'd like it more 'done up'. I spoke with Pat af GF, and she could do one, but she said I have to be dining at Kona or GF to order it through her which isn't an option ON her birthday. We will be dining at Kona 2 days prior so I thought maybe I could get it then and then give it to her on her birthday. But Pat said they HAVE to deliver it to the table :confused:

Help!!

I would ask Pat about having the cake delivered to Gasparilla Grill at the GF - the counter service place. I've heard of someone doing this before, but I dunno if it is standard practice. Still, how hard could it be for them?

Alternatively, I would call BoardWalk Bakery back and ask to speak with an actual pastry chef. You'd think they would want the opportunity to design a fun, elaborate cake just like the pastry chefs at Yacht & Beach Clubs, the Contemporary, the Grand, etc. :)

Hello fellow disers and cake lovers! I'm hoping to order a mickey head cake from Boardwalk Bakery and figure I may have to pick it up since we're staying at POFQ. Does anyone know the hours BB is open or what days and times they're open for cake pick up? Thanks for any info?

One more Q - are there buses that run from DTD to Boardwalk? I've never been to the Boardwalk before.

BoardWalk Bakery is open from 6am-11pm, and you can pick up a cake at any time during business hours. Buses run from Downtown Disney to every Disney resort, including the BoardWalk Inn. They do not run directly between resorts, though.

I spoke with a lady at the BW Bakery yesterday. I was calling to inquire about ordering a cake. She asked me what I wanted and I started telling her and she kind of interrupted me and said I could not do that and if I wanted anything custom on it it had to be Mickey. This did not make any sense to me as I have seen many cakes done that were not Mickey. I am looking to have a cake decorated with skulls on it (like the ones that are on the HM cakes or pirate cakes) but not specifically one of those cakes. Maybe a spider web nothing to elaborate. She said if I wanted skulls it would have to be halloween related with other halloween items, not what I want. Does this make sense to anyone?

This is a number for one of the pastry chefs at BoardWalk Bakery - I'd speak directly with one of them before you give up: 407-939-2393.

Thank you so much for your advice! I think I may go with your AKL suggestion. We're not planning on staying til midnight on NYE anyway (Only to see the first fireworks as by then it will be the new year in England anyway! :lmao:) Might have it waiting for her then. I guess the best thing will be to ask what they do - a bit early as yet but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Anyone else have anymore adivce?

You might double check that it is possible to have something left in the room before she checks in - we've been told in the past by AKL that it isn't, but I feel like I read on this thread a few weeks ago that someone did get a cake put in the room before they checked in... :confused3

I'd like to order the white chocolate mickey with tuxedo strawberries...can my IPO at the GF do that?

If the GF Private Dining offers that, then yes. The candy/treats vary by resort, though, so IPO may come back with a list of other options.

Hi everyone.

I posted this before, but never got an answer, so I thought I would give it another shot!

My family will be heading out to WDW at the end of February to celebrate my daughter's 1st birthday. I was thinking about ordering a cake, but I'm unsure as to what sort of cake to order. I was hoping that someone might have some pictures or suggestions for a 1st birthday cake.

I know that the cake is really more for us than for our little one, but that's okay! I am more interested in the pictures and memories than anything else. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.:cutie:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter