Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DF and I will be getting married at the Wedding Pavilion in December. So, we wanted to be able to taste our cake before the day.

This is a 6" cake from the GF bakery, I had it delivered to the room. It has Bavarian cream with fres raspberries inside. It was just heavenly... :cloud9:

DSC00431.jpg

DSC00430.jpg

Does anyone know if you can get a cinderella and prince charming image on a cake at CRT? Also if theres cake left over, can they wrap it up and hold it until we leave the park so we dont have to worry about carrying cake throughout the park.

Still wondering if anyone knows if you can get a specialized dessert or a cake at the Hoop De Doo? I would love to suprise my husband as it is our 10th anne. and our last night. :love: :love: :love:

carone0318 said:
Hi all, we are back and I have pictures of dh's b-day cake that I ordered for dinner at LTT. It was perfect and tasty too. The only thing was, they said that they could do a marble cake and what they gave me wasn't marble, but one layer vanilla, one chocolate and another vanilla layer. After we ate dinner we had fastpasses for SplMtn and LTT held the cake for us while we rode rides and then I picked it up on the way out. We ordered a Chip & Dale cake and the picture of Chip & Dale was a screen picture, so it was very visible. The lettering on the cake was a chocolate fudge! It was an 8" cake ($25) and the screening for the character was $8, but LTT only charged me $26 and change, so I guess they didn't charge for the character screening.

ChipDalecake.jpg

I tried to get a close up of the screening, hope you can all see it.

Chipdalecake1.jpg

Thanks so much for posting!! It looks fantastic! Maybe I will order my bday cake for LTT instead of Le Cellier.... this was from MK bakery, right?

Hi Everyone.

This thread is fantastic! I called WL and was told they only have the 6" cake?! From what I've been reading this is a generic/previously frozen cake, has anyone ordered any other cakes? Who did you call? I used the phone # listed on the 1st page, but I didn't get very far. Any help is greatly appreciated, we leave is 6 days! :bounce: :cool1:

Oh, I should mention regarding my question above that I was interested in having the cake delivered to our room, not at a restaurant.

wow!! these cakes are gorgeous!! so now I need your help guys. my fiance and I are bringing his Mom to WDW for Halloween. and believe it or not, this is her first time ever to meet Mickey in Florida! she will turn 78 while we are there and we are dining at the Rose & Crown the evening of her birthday.

I definitely want a custom cake for her....who do I call to order and how far in advance can I call?

thanks!! :wave2:

faindrops27 said:
Frozen cakes? What?? I was hoping for a cake at Ohana's One like I saw in an earlier post. Please do not tell me they make mass cakes, and freeze and thaw them. I was hoping for 40 dollars, they would make my cake, either the day before, or the day off. Can someone please confirm this? If it is some frozen cake. I think I will pass. My father is very picky.

The $12.50 cake from O'Hana is the frozen variety. I saw the same cake in the Pop Century food court.

For $40, I sure hope you are getting a fresh cake!

Ok so heres my question- we are eating at CG the night I want to get a cake (ok, its my birthday and I am *forcing* my DD and DH to get me a cake. Can I have them order from GF bakery and they will get it over to CG for that night? From what it sounds GF bakery makes the best cakes. Or do they have to call CG and arrange it thru them? I don't want the frozen cake.

Im looking into getting a cake for our anniversary to be delivered to our room at the AKL. I will be ordering it from the AKL. So heres my question. I want them to deliver it the day we arrive. Do they deliver it before or after we check in? I would hate for them to deliver it before hand and then at check in we get a free upgrade and then our room # would change but it would also be nice for it to already be there when we check in. Its supposed to be a surprise for DH. So how does this all work out? Also can they provide a box so we can put left overs in it to keep it fresh? Also can anyone tell me about the cakes at AKL. Are they good? What kind of cake flavors are there? What can you have put on top of the cake? I want sorta like an AKL touch to our anniversary cake, so any ideas? We will be just getting a 8 inch cake.

They will not put anything in your room before you check into your room. When I called to ask they said it would arrive sometime on our arrival day after we have gotten our room. I wanted to have something in our room for our honeymoon when we walked into the room, but they said t hey werent allowed in the room after it has been cleaned until we have checked in. You might can set up a time with them to have it brought to your room. I know anything like champagne and such cannot be delivered to your room without you there to sign for it. They are unable to leave unattended alcohol without you signing for it. HTH :bride: :groom:

We are going to WDW for my Bday this year (1st time on my bday) and I emailed this thread to DH so that he will hopefully "surprise " me with a cake sometime during our trip! Thanks so much for all the info! Hope DH take the "HINT"
Laura

aviva5675 said:
Ok so heres my question- we are eating at CG the night I want to get a cake (ok, its my birthday and I am *forcing* my DD and DH to get me a cake. Can I have them order from GF bakery and they will get it over to CG for that night? From what it sounds GF bakery makes the best cakes. Or do they have to call CG and arrange it thru them? I don't want the frozen cake.

I feel like I am the constant bearer of bad news about CG ... I was told last month when I called that they do not do ANY personalized cakes there. The choices were the $12.50 6-inch unpersonalized cakes in chocolate or vanilla only. If you call and get a different answer, please post in this thread because I still feel like that can't be right. :rolleyes:

I decided to skip cake at CG and arranged for one to be delivered to our room at WL. It will be made by WL's own bakery.

The GF bakery only makes cakes for their resort guests and diners in their own restaurants. I confirmed that personally yesterday, they don't even allow personal pick up from the resort.

jenjersnap said:
I decided to skip cake at CG and arranged for one to be delivered to our room at WL. It will be made by WL's own bakery.

What kind of cake our you getting from the WL's bakery? I still trying to decide whether to get one at 1900 park fare or our room at the WL. Do you know what options they had? Thanks in advance.

The GF bakery can personalize a 6 inch cake. I ordered a 6 inch vanilla cake for my DD's birthday, with a Cinderella pop up and a persoanlized message on the cake too. Hope it's tasty!!

ash&abby'smom said:
What kind of cake our you getting from the WL's bakery? I still trying to decide whether to get one at 1900 park fare or our room at the WL. Do you know what options they had? Thanks in advance.

This is what I was told:

Cake choices: white, yellow, chocolate or marble

Filling choices: vanilla, chocolate or raspberry

icing choices: vanilla buttercream, chocolate buttercream, chocolate ganache

I am compromising - DH doesn't like chocolate much - yellow cake with raspberry filling and chocolate buttercream. 10 inch is $40, 6 inch is $20

HTH!

Cinderumbrella said:
Thanks so much for posting!! It looks fantastic! Maybe I will order my bday cake for LTT instead of Le Cellier.... this was from MK bakery, right?

Yes it was. We enjoyed the cake with characters looking on at the surprise made it more enjoyable. LTT was great about holding the cake while we finished our evening. They didn't offer to hold the cake, I asked and they had absolutely no problem helping me out.

twojo21 said:
this is the cake we had at our rehearsal dinner at whispering canyon. chocolate on chocolate.
61565rd_cake.jpg

ScuttleMeTimbers and ash&abby'smom this is the cake i got at whispering canyon at the wilderness lodge. it was more than enough for 15 adults.

Today I called the GF and changed my cake order a wee bit. I decided to get the dark chocolate moouse instead of a buttercream filling and I'm having a white castle cake topper put on it as well. I can hardly wait to taste it on Sunday!!! I will make sure to take some pics and report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter