Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by zurgswife, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. photonut

photonut Mouseketeer

I am hoping to find out if anyone got a cake while at Hoop de Do.....

We have this booked for our anniversary night in 2 weeks.....

Anyone?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rhiannonwales

rhiannonwales I sometimes stare so much that I see perversion in

Hi, i am ordering a cake from the Yacht club for DH's birthday on our Illuminations cruise. When i booked the cruise, the lady told me thta if i wanted to order a custom cake, i should call this number at the Yacht Club: 1 (407) 934-3160 I haent called yet but that's the #
    Sherrie

4. Samandmom

Samandmom <font color=purple>Curvy WISHer<br><font color=tea

I called Ohana's to order a cake. They told me I could just ask at the podium when we check in to get one. I did not want to do that for a few reasons 1. I was afraid of them not having one. 2. I wanted to custom order one
    So I ordered a chocolate cake with chocolate mouse filling and chocolate icing. All I can say is WOW it was very yummy!!!! (we had the cake on Wednesday the 16th for our anniversary) The cake was huge so instead of taking it with us we shared with a few tables around us. I just got home yesterday and I will be posting reviews and pics soon! :thumbsup2

5. Mickey Fliers

Mickey Fliers (Not so)Tagless<br><font color=blue>"Sometimes you

Are the cakes at the Boardwalk Bakery always available, or do I need to order one in advance? Will I be able to pick up a cake from the BW Bakery and then bring it into Biergarten?

Thanks!

6. Leanne1977

Leanne1977 Loving frozen margaritas

My DS will be celebrating his birthday at Disney in September. We are having a character breakfast in the morning but thought it would be too early for his cake then.

So i was hoping to have it at the Sci-Fi Dine-in in the evening. Would i only be able to get one from the restaurant itself or can i order one from the Boardwalk and have it delivered to the Sci-Fi?

All the cakes i have seen are beautiful but i was hoping for more of a childs cake. Will they do a Cars one or as it is Pixar they won't? :confused3

7. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

That's where my dd will be celebrating her 13th birthday in Oct. I wanted to get a special cake for dessert that night, but some told me that it wasn't easy to do. So, I decided to get the cake after our lunch. If I were you, I would try to contact the kitchen at Ft. Wilderness..maybe Trails End Restarurant, and see what they have to say. I would be interested in what they tell you.

8. ukwildcat

ukwildcat Will always bleed blue. GO CATS!!!

I wanted to post this again in hopes that it will help someone with their cake selection. I have had great experience with the GF bakery and them delivering cakes to various locations on WDW property.

When I posted this before no one responded, so hopefully someone was able to get a great cake. Please PM or respond with any questions. Love this thread.

I have had cakes from the GF bakery delivered to CR (concourse), Poly ('Ohana), and WL (WCC) - this one for Sept. 1.

I have spoken with the Food and Bev manager at each location (Not just the restaurant manager - the actual Food and Bev manager for the resort) and when I requested a special cake they put me in touch with the GF bakery. When I explained to the GF pastry chef that I wanted a special cake, I e-mailed the specifics to him. They (GF pastry chef) e-mailed back with a price quote, and then I e-mailed or called in my credit card.

The Food and Bev manager (at the resort I am dining at) then attaches to my ADR that I have a special cake from the GF bakery waiting in the kitchen. The GF bakery takes care of delivering it to your requested restaurant.

I'm not saying the cakes I have ordered are cheap ( I think they are a bit pricey - dad is a pastry chef in st. louis and that is what I am basing my prices on), but I wanted something more than the run of the mill cakes at the restaurants. Each time we were celebrating something special.

9. DarlingDumbo

DarlingDumbo <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

I ordered a Thank you cake for my mom after reading this thread. The cake was beautiful with the exception of some misunderstading (The CP's computer was down) Here it is!

[​IMG]

10. lillygator

lillygator DIS Veteran

does anyone know specifically what cakes are avail at CRT? DD chose her bday dinner there ( I wanted 1900 again simply for the GF cake availability)....I don't want the choc or generic frozen cake....will I be able to get anything other than that?

Thanks!

11. beattyfamily

beattyfamily DIS Cast Member<br><font color="purple">Has Oodles

I ordered a b-day cake there last November for my 40th birthday.

They told me I could have just about any character on it except Pixar and Pooh.

It was $25.

[​IMG]

12. nikandboys

nikandboys Mouseketeer

I am also interested in the HDDR cake possibility. It is our 10th anne. and our last night in WDW and to be honest, my oldest doesn't eat strawberry short cake.

Has ANYONE done this?

13. lillygator

lillygator DIS Veteran

was choc frosting the only option?

14. beattyfamily

beattyfamily DIS Cast Member<br><font color="purple">Has Oodles

I'm not sure but I don't think it was the only choice. I just love chocolate so that is what I picked. I'm pretty sure you can get vanilla frosting as well.

Just call the CRT #407-824-7091 and see what they have.

15. paigeandmorgansmom

paigeandmorgansmom Mouseketeer

Does the WCC have special order cakes or do I need to pick one up from GF. My mother is celebrating her B-day on Thanksgiving and I would love to get her a special cake.

16. 100AcreWood

100AcreWood DIS Veteran

I called yesterday to order my dd's birthday cake. Originally I wanted a cake for our dinner at 1900 Park Fare but unfortunatley a rude CM answered my call. She pushed the frozen 6" cakes on me and only offered me the castle cake or a cake with a Cinderella edible image. Obviously she was having an off day.

So I called the main dining number and talked to Irene who double checked my ADRs to make sure dd's birthday would be recognized during our trip and suggested I order a cake from the MK Bakery instead. So I called the MK Bakery and got another wonderful CM named Amy. She gave me all the options and I ordered an 8" vanilla cake with dd's favorite colors, flowers, and a edible image of the castle with fireworks! I hope it turns out great. The CM was very helpful!

17. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella Wench

Which restaurant is it going to? Remember to post pictures when you get back!! Hope your daughter has a magical bday trip!!

18. 100AcreWood

100AcreWood DIS Veteran

Thanks! Dd wanted her birthday dinner with Pooh! So Crystal Palace here we come. I'll post pictures when I return.

19. rhiannonwales

i called the YC about the Illuminations cake. I'm not sure if YC operates differently or what, but i was told that the 8" 25.00 could not be customised (except the writing) and if i wanted to customize it, i would have to get the 40 dollar cake.She then told me that the character add ons ( i wanted the cheshire cat) would be an additional 30.00 I took a pass on that and instead just got an all chocolate cake with Happy Birthday Paul on it. I am going to call AKL in room dining and ask them about a Cheshire Cat cake for DH's actual bday when we are staying at AKL. Since it would be deliverd to the room, do i need to wait until i am ther to order it?
    Sherrie

20. scoutsmom99

scoutsmom99 <b><font color=f95602>Member of the 'Jambo! WildBu

Well I just got off the phone with a great CM at the GF Bakery and I know have a cake for our afternoon tea. CM didn't ask for my ADR number which I thought was odd, but I guess that goes to show that maybe you can just meet them and bring your cake wherever you want?

Anyways I feel so plain. I ordered a Marble cake with Buttercream frosting and pink and yellow flowers that says happy birthday. The lady at the bakery said the custard with the fresh sliced strawberries is very popular, but I don't know if my party would like that. Of course I don't want to ask them because it is a suprise.

The 8" cake from the bakery was $25.00. She said I can call up and change anything for the cake up to two days in advance. So I guess I will have some time to think about whether or not to make changes or keep it as is! Maybe I should call and have them put a castle on top? I can't decide what to do!

I will be sure and post pictures when we return.

100AcreWood- I had called GF Private dining as well to try and do the cake and the lady who answered the phone suggested the 6" frozen cake to me as well. I then told her that in the past I have done more of a specality cake and she transfered me to the GF Bakery. I wonder if they are getting inudated with calls for cakes these days?

21. rhiannonwales

Actually i have heard that that is the reason that they no longer deliver to other resorts, and why they don't allow pick ups. It was just getting to be too hard to handle and they decided to put the GF patrons (room and dining) first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.