Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
scoutsmom99 said:
Today I called the GF and changed my cake order a wee bit. I decided to get the dark chocolate moouse instead of a buttercream filling and I'm having a white castle cake topper put on it as well. I can hardly wait to taste it on Sunday!!! I will make sure to take some pics and report back.

Small favor. Can you take a picture of the inside of the cake as well. Thanks and enjoy your trip. :goodvibes

Cinderella Fan said:
DF and I will be getting married at the Wedding Pavilion in December. So, we wanted to be able to taste our cake before the day.

This is a 6" cake from the GF bakery, I had it delivered to the room. It has Bavarian cream with fres raspberries inside. It was just heavenly... :cloud9:

DSC00431.jpg

DSC00430.jpg

That is a beautiful cake, did you have to special order it? Do you mind telling how much it cost?

mom2my3kids said:
That is a beautiful cake, did you have to special order it? Do you mind telling how much it cost?

I'm not Cinderella Fan, but I I can tell you that they would have had to order the cake.

Are the 8" cakes one layer or two? If they include two layers for the price, has anyone ever gotten just one layer at a reduced price?

We're staying at CSR sept 28-Oct 5th. Our anniversary is on Oct 1st. Can they deliver a cake to CSR?? Possibly during the day, so when we get back it will be in the room??? I didn't read all the posts, so sorry if this was answered already. Thanks!
Also, do we have to get something from CSR or can we order from somewhere else on property??
Thanks!!!

I am doing private dining at GF for our anniversary and have most everything set up but the cake. When I talked to Courtney about cakes she said they are done in flavors of chocolate cake with chocolate mousse, yellow cake with white mousse, or cheesecake. They all have a miniature white chocolate castle on top. I have seen this cake on the board and it is not what I am looking for. I want something that is a bit fancier. I would like marble with white frosting and chocolate mousee filling. Is this possible? I like the cakes with the gold mikey ears on the side but they look a little big for just two people. Can anyone help? I am ripping my hair out over this.

Thanks in advance.

Kristine

I wonder about the cheesecake version. Is that a literal cheesecake and if so, is it then covered in icing or is it cheesecake flavored cake?? Does anyone know of a way to get the stamped ears without the fondant??

I wouldnt think they would do the gold ears on something like buttercream cause the consistancy would be to soft I would imagine. They fondant is a much more stable form of covering on the cake and can hold up with a design like this, but I maybe wrong. JMHO :bride: :groom:

We will be celebrating my DS's 11th B-day on our Dec 06 trip. We will be at CP for dinner on his special day. Any advice? Should I call MK as listed on the first page of this thread? Or do I call CP direct? Thanks for any info!

dulluth said:
We will be celebrating my DS's 11th B-day on our Dec 06 trip. We will be at CP for dinner on his special day. Any advice? Should I call MK as listed on the first page of this thread? Or do I call CP direct? Thanks for any info!

(407) 824-7091 will get you the line dedicated to cakes at the MK. I called them thinking they handled cakes at all of WDW, but it's only MK. The lady I spoke with was very nice and helpful. I bet they could arrange something great for your DS.

So we were talking about this on another thread and I wanted to ask your opinion on it. Because of the fact that these mini castle cakes are so cut and dry as far as what you can get, do you think they are frozen? I mean, it makes sense to me. Otherwise why would you not even be able to mix fillings? You know what I mean? Why could you not even get chocolate cake with white filling? It is either yellow with white filling or chocolate with chocolate filling. So do you think they are frozen?

When I asked about marble I had to get a 6 inch cake and it would be an extra $25.00 for the marble cake. That leads me to believe this would be a fresh cake and that is why I am charged the extra $25.00 for it. Which by the way brings my total for the cake to $52.00.

Kristine

connorlevismom said:
So we were talking about this on another thread and I wanted to ask your opinion on it. Because of the fact that these mini castle cakes are so cut and dry as far as what you can get, do you think they are frozen? I mean, it makes sense to me. Otherwise why would you not even be able to mix fillings? You know what I mean? Why could you not even get chocolate cake with white filling? It is either yellow with white filling or chocolate with chocolate filling. So do you think they are frozen?

When I asked about marble I had to get a 6 inch cake and it would be an extra $25.00 for the marble cake. That leads me to believe this would be a fresh cake and that is why I am charged the extra $25.00 for it. Which by the way brings my total for the cake to $52.00.

Kristine

I watched a special show that featured the mini castle cakes. They are made from one bigger cake; they are cookie cut, so to speak, out of the bigger cake. Then they are frozen in the cutter/pan so they do not fall apart (its just part of the process of making it). Then they are taken out of the freezer and pushed out of the 'round cutter'. Then the icing/buttercream is put on and it is then decorated.

This is the main reason there aren't many flavors. Several cakes are made from one big cake. I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to offer so many flavors for the mini cakes that are mass produced from a bigger cake.

The larger sized cakes are 'made to order' so they are fresh and easy to make any flavor you want.

Even though in the process the mini cake is temporarily frozen, it was VERY yummy and moist.

I am taking my 4 yr old granddaughter to 1900 Park Fare in Oct for her Birthday. Does anyone have the phone number for the GF cakes and do they still have the cake with Cinderella's Slipper on it? DGD dearly loves Chocloate, any suggestions for a great cake?

So I have a question; I just spent the past 2 1/2 hours reading the entire 16 pg post, and I have to say, WOW! It's SO helpful getting everyone's input. Now my question: I am wanting to get a miniature wedding cake for my wife, because I am basically going to give her the reception she wanted on our upcoming trip. I've already decided I want a round cake with the fondant and the silver Mickey silhouettes (just like we saw on the Disney Wedding special on Food Network.) But has anyone ever heard of saving a tier of a cake indefinitely? I'm thinking of getting a 2 tier cake just so it looks more like a wedding cake, but at the same time, it's just the two of us, so I don't want to go overboard. Which do you do? 2 tier and have too much cake, or 1 tier and it not look like a wedding cake? AGHH! :bounce: :teeth:

DznyLvr2005 said:
We're staying at CSR sept 28-Oct 5th. Our anniversary is on Oct 1st. Can they deliver a cake to CSR??

I don't think that CSR will deliver a cake, but it's worth a phone call or two. You might be able to get one of the 8" pre-made cakes from the Maya Grill or even at La Tienda. You can also try to call the Pepper Market. They have a lot of baked items and they might be able to do something for you.

I also seem to remember someone saying that they were able to order a custom cake from the Boardwalk Bakery for pick-up. The phone number is on the first post of this thread. It's a quick and easy cab ride back to CSR with your cake in your lap.

kimberh said:
I am taking my 4 yr old granddaughter to 1900 Park Fare in Oct for her Birthday. Does anyone have the phone number for the GF cakes and do they still have the cake with Cinderella's Slipper on it? DGD dearly loves Chocloate, any suggestions for a great cake?

You didn't need to read the whole thread to find your answer, just the first page ;). All the phone numbers are there as is a picture of the slipper. You can get a chocolate and raspberry filling for your chocolate cake. My DD isn't a big chocolate fan, so we went with whipped cream and raspberries and it was very yummy!

Here is a link to my post with our cake and Cinderella singing happy birthday: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=14245690&postcount=196. You usually get one of the mice, but we were extra lucky!

I ordered a cake for DBF from the Comtemporary room service/private dining!! It will just be the basic 6" $12.50 cake - chocolate and chocolate buttercream with a personalized greeting.

We are eating at Coral Reef on his actual birthday which is the day before we leave. Because it's just the 2 of us and he doesn't have a huge appetite, I decided to order the cake to be delivered to our room at the start of the trip!

A couple of people here mentioned getting the Chocolate Wave at the Coral Reef for a birthday. Is that something I can arrange when we check in at the podium?

Thank you to everyone who has posted in this thread! It's been very helpful to me!!

scoutsmom99 said:
Well I just got off the phone with a great CM at the GF Bakery and I know have a cake for our afternoon tea. CM didn't ask for my ADR number which I thought was odd, but I guess that goes to show that maybe you can just meet them and bring your cake wherever you want?

Anyways I feel so plain. I ordered a Marble cake with Buttercream frosting and pink and yellow flowers that says happy birthday. The lady at the bakery said the custard with the fresh sliced strawberries is very popular, but I don't know if my party would like that. Of course I don't want to ask them because it is a suprise.

The 8" cake from the bakery was $25.00. She said I can call up and change anything for the cake up to two days in advance. So I guess I will have some time to think about whether or not to make changes or keep it as is! Maybe I should call and have them put a castle on top? I can't decide what to do!

I will be sure and post pictures when we return.

100AcreWood- I had called GF Private dining as well to try and do the cake and the lady who answered the phone suggested the 6" frozen cake to me as well. I then told her that in the past I have done more of a specality cake and she transfered me to the GF Bakery. I wonder if they are getting inudated with calls for cakes these days?

OK.....I don't know if I just got a CM that didn't know more about the cakes or what. But I called today to get an anniv. cake for our upcoming dinner at 1900 PF for my bro and SIL. I told the guy that my SIL does not eat reg. cake but does like angel food and pound cake. And I asked if they do giant cookies.....she would eat that. My SIL doesn't like icing basically. Anyway, he just suggest I get the ganache instead of buttercream frosting. I was like ok.....can I customize it? He said the only choic was choc. cake, choc. mousse filling, w/ choc. ganache.....or...white cake, vanilla mousse filling, w/ white choc. ganache. Does this seem right??? Should I call back and see if I can get something different?????

I called ohana, yesterday for my dads cake. Anyhow, they asked me if i wanted chocolate, marble or white cake, and i said chocolate, i think i should call back, and ask for marble since i got white chocolate filling. Do they allow changes to be made?? I am 2 weeks out today

You should be able to make changes. They allow cake orders up to 48 hrs in advance, so I think when they make the cakes they make it the day before or the day of the cake is to be delivered/picked up. Please note that marble isnt what we are used to. Both flavors blended into one cake. Disney's marble is 1 cake is chocolate and the other is vanilla/white.

faindrops27 said:
I called ohana, yesterday for my dads cake. Anyhow, they asked me if i wanted chocolate, marble or white cake, and i said chocolate, i think i should call back, and ask for marble since i got white chocolate filling. Do they allow changes to be made?? I am 2 weeks out today

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter