Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

So ... since I decided to be Dopey in 2016, I'm clearly high.

I'm running another half this weekend.

Ack!!

High?!! Interesting you posted that yesterday since the date was 4-20.

I see I have finally converted you to my philosophy of training runs---might as well do as many as you can during an actual race. Beats the dreadmill or slogging through mile after mile by yourself. More halfs and Dopey too? Welcome to the darkside (evil laugh!!)

Hi! I've been lurking on the boards for a while, and I finally decided that I would join in the conversation. :)

I thought I would let you know my experience with the magnetic Race Dots. I purchased some a while ago, but I only recently was able to use them this past weekend for a local Dog-n-Jog 5k. I ran with my Dobe, who definitely helped me run a lot faster than I would have on my own. When I run with her, I run with a running leash that has a belt. Maybe I should have thought about this before I used the Race Dots, but I didn't. The belt cut across pretty close to one corner of the bib, and it kept hitting the magnetic. I wasn't really paying attention to it, and about halfway through the race I noticed that I had lost one corner set of magnets.

. :D

Thanks for the review. I just ordered some Race Dots.
I've got 2 lab/retriever puppies, not sure they will make me faster and our tangents will be all over the place.

High?!! Interesting you posted that yesterday since the date was 4-20.

I see I have finally converted you to my philosophy of training runs---might as well do as many as you can during an actual race. Beats the dreadmill or slogging through mile after mile by yourself. More halfs and Dopey too? Welcome to the darkside (evil laugh!!)

Ugh, right?? I hadn't even had my first beer before I registered for the dang half this weekend!

But I'm definitely with you on the dreadmill and training runs. Might as well get some bling, right?

Honestly, I was pretty much sold on Goofy before @FFigawi planted the Dopey seed. Then my husband offered to do the 10K if I wanted to do that too, so at that point - it's just the 5K to top it all off. It was going to happen sooner or later. I guess I will just make 2016 the year of Challenges!

#JustTakeMyWholeWallet

I agree, definitely look into a medal hanger. This is mine...it's from AlliedMedalDisplays.com:
IMG_3442.JPG

Oooh I love this one! Unfortunately in Australia we can't get anything half as pretty, and postage for something so big and bulky makes it pretty hard to justify buying a pretty one from the US. I'm confident that I can make my curtain rod look pretty though :thumbsup2

And yes, RunDisney please hurry up with the training plans!

Seriously, y'all. Can it be September like right now??

Oooh I love this one! Unfortunately in Australia we can't get anything half as pretty, and postage for something so big and bulky makes it pretty hard to justify buying a pretty one from the US. I'm confident that I can make my curtain rod look pretty though :thumbsup2

If you think it would fit in your suitcase on your return trip back, I can order one to my house and bring it to you in California!

Seriously, y'all. Can it be September like right now??

No! I haven't even started training yet lol!

If you think it would fit in your suitcase on your return trip back, I can order one to my house and bring it to you in California!

That is so lovely of you to offer! :goodvibes I will have to check out the dimensions/weight etc. I'll let you know :thumbsup2

Just thinking about Dopey has been the only thing to kick my training back into high gear! My friends (and husband) think I'm crazy - but my parents were on-board and are paying for it as my Christmas gift.

Best Xmas present ever! Do you think they want another daughter? :rotfl2:

I'm going crazy because we haven't booked flights yet. For me, that just doesn't lend itself to more in-depth planning until I have my flights in place. Still waiting for prices to come down. I know it's still way too early.

I'm going crazy because we haven't booked flights yet. For me, that just doesn't lend itself to more in-depth planning until I have my flights in place. Still waiting for prices to come down. I know it's still way too early.
Booking the flights definitely makes it seem more *real* to me. I'm waiting for some more credit card reward points before I book mine, but at least I can look at the seating charts and see that there are still tickets left.

No new training plans, obviously. Yesterday I somehow kept alternating between checking the DL Half plan and the Dumbo plan and every once in awhile I'd jump a bit because it looked different...and then I'd realize it's because I was looking at the Dumbo plan, where last time I looked at the DL Half plan (or vice versa) so OF COURSE they look different. :headache::headache: DUH.

Booking the flights definitely makes it seem more *real* to me. I'm waiting for some more credit card reward points before I book mine, but at least I can look at the seating charts and see that there are still tickets left.

No new training plans, obviously. Yesterday I somehow kept alternating between checking the DL Half plan and the Dumbo plan and every once in awhile I'd jump a bit because it looked different...and then I'd realize it's because I was looking at the Dumbo plan, where last time I looked at the DL Half plan (or vice versa) so OF COURSE they look different. :headache::headache: DUH.

Me too on flights!

I even tried changing both 2014 dates in the web address of the pdf to 2015 to see if I could be sneaky and see something...no deal.

Yay Keels! You are going to rock Dopey! I'm dying to do it again! I'd do it every year if I financially could. I've got my eye on 2018.

Asked runDisney about the training plans on Twitter and got no reply

Same here. I've asked a couple of times and they've ignored me every time. #SocialMediaFail

runDisney isn't very great about responding to "followers" on Twitter and Facebook... I find it strange because its a great way to answer questions and generate excitement with customers/fans/followers. The other thing that is odd is that other Disney twitter accounts like the Disneyland and Disneyland AP accounts will answer anything you ask and respond positively if you post about Disneyland. Too bad those accounts don't have anything to do with runDisney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter