Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just stopping in to see how everyone is doing and their plans are going. I see some of you have some awesome costumes going, love this race for that (and I can dress up too :thumbsup2). I have my costume in hand, I am debating on getting a Rapunzel wig or not for it, since I have a full length custom made costume.

The EXPO is typically crowded round the clock, but less crowded Saturday than Friday. Lines should be smaller, but that doesn't mean it won't be easy to walk through the place.

Hope all the training is going great, on schedule and injury free. Those that are sick, take care of yourself, get better, being healthy is better than fighting the illness through training. During these times of cold weather and flu season, water is a great friend and necessity, keep up with a healthy diet and remember, its all for the fun of the race (unless your fast and want to win).

Now that we are less than a month out, the waivers should be coming soon and be posted sometime during next week, maybe even this weekend. I know I won't be in A for this race since my kind is allowed ;), but should be in first corral I am allowed in, which previously has been B. Maybe I will see some of you there, if you see a guy in a full Rapunzel costume, that is most likely me and feel free to say hi!

definitely will be keeping an eye out for ya!

Thank you! I just wanted to thank everyone on this board for all the kind wishes, thoughts and advice. I'm not much of a technology chic, but if it weren't for the DIS, I never would have "met" all the kind folks here. I have learned that when life hands us lemons, we must make lemonade! We will do this! We will run , walk, jog or even crawl(lol). I look forward to meeting as many of you that I can. I may run angry, but I will run!

Cindy

Thank you! I just wanted to thank everyone on this board for all the kind wishes, thoughts and advice. I'm not much of a technology chic, but if it weren't for the DIS, I never would have "met" all the kind folks here. I have learned that when life hands us lemons, we must make lemonade! We will do this! We will run , walk, jog or even crawl(lol). I look forward to meeting as many of you that I can. I may run angry, but I will run!

Cindy ��

Here is something to think about...running angry just "could" make you run faster. :rotfl:

Just try and enjoy what you are doing and it is going to be such a girl power event.
We're just under 30 days out...lots to do and keep your mind busy. Hang in there!!!

I started running a year ago in February. A few months later my BF broke up with me, I just used it as motivation haha. I now have a new BF who is super supportive and tells me to go on runs even when I really don't want to. You'll get through it, and running will help with it and make you stronger after.

I just got a new shirt today that I unfortunately can't run in yet because its so cold but I can't wait till I can show it off. It says "forget the glass slipper this princess wears running shoes". And for christmas my sister got me a tshirt that says "I run for Dole Whips".

I'm not sure what we are going to do, my sister bought a race retreat and I forgot to get mine and by the time I remembered they were sold out. Kinda stinks but we'll see how it goes. My best friend, her sister and mom decided to join us in the race as well so that I am looking forward to. No costumes at this point because I don't think I'm creative enough to figure something out haha. Maybe next time after I see what this one is like since I've never run a disney race before.

The cold weather has been making it tough to run lately so I've been doing short runs to break in my new running sneakers for the marathon. Today I got in 9 miles in 1 hour 33 minutes...it felt good and I'm thinking I will be ready...fingers crossed!
Ladies keep,up,the great work and can't wait to run this,with you all:cheer2:

I feel for all of you going through relationship stuff. This past Sept DH came home and said he was leaving. WTH??? It's taken him awhile to figure things out and a lot of heart ache and tears on my part. Running is what kept me strong. Running angry is great! Such a stress reliever. And a much better alternative to bashing his face in. I went to marathon weekend without him and had such a blast! I was so glad he wasn't there to rain on my parade. He's not coming for Princess either and I am totally good with that. I really don't need his buzz kill. Disney magic will do it's thing and you will have a blast. Can't wait to meet a bunch of you terrific Princesses.

Forgot to add, DH asked me one time why I spend so much time on here and on the FB page. It's cuz you all get it and understand and are so supportive. Basically the total opposite of hime. THAT'S WHY! Weiney head!

He doesn't run and just doesn't get it at all. But it's nice to know I could totally whoop his rump if we ever had to race each other!

So I went out to run last night dressed in so many layers it was ridiculous. It was in the teens with wind chills in the single digits. My outermost layers were snow pants and a parka! All that extra clothing slowed me down about 1.5 min/mile but at least I was warm and still made it through about 3.5 miles. Tomorrow is an 11 mile run in the mid 20s but by Tuesday it's supposed to be in the upper 50s, woo hoo! Florida weather sounds so good!

Well, I've been pretty positive that us princesses can do just about anything (and overcome just about anything)... But the snow in the northeast has me stumped!!

Having grown up in Florida, I have no idea what to do with snow, even after 5 winters here. And this year is my first time having to figure out an outdoor running schedule in the winter.

What do you ladies do? I'm supposed to go for 12 tomorrow but am terrified of slipping and hurting myself in the snow/ice. I don't have treadmill access either. :-/

Should I just plan to wait for a warm front to come in and melt the snow? It's so pretty; but it's also cold and messing up my training plan. Can't wait to be in my home state again soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

JoyaDelMar said:
Well, I've been pretty positive that us princesses can do just about anything (and overcome just about anything)... But the snow in the northeast has me stumped!!

Having grown up in Florida, I have no idea what to do with snow, even after 5 winters here. And this year is my first time having to figure out an outdoor running schedule in the winter.

What do you ladies do? I'm supposed to go for 12 tomorrow but am terrified of slipping and hurting myself in the snow/ice. I don't have treadmill access either. :-/

Should I just plan to wait for a warm front to come in and melt the snow? It's so pretty; but it's also cold and messing up my training plan. Can't wait to be in my home state again soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm in NY and dealing with this very issue this morning. I ran through ice and snow on Monday (in the poconos) and I thought I was going to slip and fall the entire run. I think it must have affected my stride or foot positioning because my inner shin was particularly sore the rest if the day.

I think I'm gonna have to suck it up and move my long run to a treadmill :scared:. Can you drive to an indoor track or anyplace with a treadmill? You can always "try" out a new gym today to get access to a treadmill.

Good luck to everyone on their long runs today! Also big hugs to all those princesses dealing with crappy man situations! :group hug:

i am getting so excited for the race! FINALLY decided on what to wear...I am going as Anastasia and my friend Patty whom I met here on Dis last year (longhorns2) will be Drizella. Can't wait to see how our costumes come out. Just basic running attire jazzed up a little! And I normally only wear mascara for photos, but this year, I am all about lipstick too LOL. And if it smears, who cares!

I am hoping with my remaining long runs I will get prepared for the distance without injury. I swear with each little tweak in my calves and feet I get so paranoid. I was supposed to run today, but my shin is a bit sore, so resting one more day...but i WILL get it done tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter