Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by MoonFaerie, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Thanks, Holly. I get more support from this board than anywhere. We were together 5.5 years. I just never got used to not having any adult time, even when I asked. I hope the pain and sadness go away.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. happybaker

happybaker Mouseketeer

The ladies (and men) on this board are wonderful. When you need to vent come here and I know you'll get all the support you need.

I can promise you the pain and sadness will go away some day. Unfortunately, time is the only thing that helps heal that. Just remember that you are fantastic :cheer2:

Holly

4. bskelly07

bskelly07 Mouseketeer

:grouphug: You are not alone. The reason I went all half-marathon crazed was because my bf of 3 and a half years blindsided me and dumped me in October. The best thing I ever did for myself was focus on running. I'm doing 5 half-marathons so far this year, and looking for more. Keep your head up, girl, it'll get easier, I promise. Focus on YOU and what make YOU happy! :cheer2:

5. PrincessV

PrincessV DIS Veteran

Girl, I wish I could pull you into a big hug and then hand you a margarita RIGHT NOW! :hug: I'm so sorry - what a dirtbag. (It's important to have friends who'll take a totally biased-toward-you stance, even if they're imaginary Internet friends you've never met :):rotfl: )

Know what? It's okay to hurt. And to be mad. And to be sad. All normal responses when life dumps all over us. But remember that it won't always feel that way and a big ol' dose of happy might be right around the corner, waiting for you to run into it. Keep running - do it for YOU and don't worry about what your friends think. You've got this! :dancer:

6. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Thanks again, I could sure use that drink right now. Went grocery shopping and even the cashier said I looked sad. I hope to meet all,of you next month, that would be lovely. Funny thing is, I am a counselor and I listen to people's issues all,day and I try and help them, but I can't even take care of my personal life. I will keep running, even if I run angry, I will do this!!

Cindy

7. Cripey

Cripey DIS Veteran

I think if you aren't interested in any of the hot "limited" items like the New Balance shoes, the Dooney's etc. then you'd probably be better off waiting a few hours and letting the opening rush die down. Last Friday my Super Shuttle rolled up to the DL hotel to make a drop off right as they were opening the Tink expo and it was a MAD HOUSE. Line wrapped around and went on for forever. I wasn't getting out at that stop, and I could tell I was too late for the New Balance on Friday already (but I scored a pair on Saturday! :cool1:), so I unpacked when I got to my hotel, watched a little TV and strolled over (which took a while from where I was staying) to the expo maybe an hour to hour and a half later...walked right up for my bib and t-shirt with absolutely NO line.

8. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

What is it with SOs? I guess they can't see the forest through the trees. I love your outlook! I hope to do the 5K trail and the W&D, even if its solo

9. irunner

irunner Earning My Ears

I am running it too, this is my first Disney run and I will be running solo! Hopefully not the only one though!

10. happybaker

happybaker Mouseketeer

Thanks Cripey for the advice on the Expo. I think I'll wait and hit the Expo later in the afternoon since I don't need any of the limited items.

Congrats on scoring a pair of sneakers...they are cute!

Holly

11. VickiHD

VickiHD DIS Veteran

So sorry !!!! As they say...time heals all wounds. I really used to hate that saying but it's true.

It sounds like Princess is JUST what you need for your spirit. A little "me time" actually how about 13.1 miles. :thumbsup2
    Now is the time to be take care of yourself. And start getting ready for race day. You can do this !!!

12. Jenn310

Jenn310 Mouseketeer

I will be driving down with my mom who is also running with me and staying at CSR, has anyone not taken the buses and drove there in the morning or is that a huge disaster? lol Just curious. We did this for the TOT when it was the 13K and obviously a much smaller race.

13. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Thanks sooo much. I am in tears just reading all the lovely wishes of support and advice I am getting. Funny how a bunch of Internet folks become the best running and whatever else support group there is. :thumbsup2

14. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Just read your blog. You know Exactly how I feel. I don't have kids, but the pain, hurt and anger apply to both stories. ::yes::

15. TiggerAllie

TiggerAllie DIS Veteran

Any thoughts on how busy the Expo will be on Saturday? We don't get in early enough to go on Friday. I'm debating if I should be at the Expo when it opens at 9AM and then go to MK or be at MK when it opens at 9AM and make a mid-day trip over the Expo, getting back to MK for early dinner. I want time (and space) to shop, and I don't want to spend it all in lines.

16. Danhockey04

Danhockey04 Mouseketeer

Just stopping in to see how everyone is doing and their plans are going. I see some of you have some awesome costumes going, love this race for that (and I can dress up too :thumbsup2). I have my costume in hand, I am debating on getting a Rapunzel wig or not for it, since I have a full length custom made costume.

The EXPO is typically crowded round the clock, but less crowded Saturday than Friday. Lines should be smaller, but that doesn't mean it won't be easy to walk through the place.

Hope all the training is going great, on schedule and injury free. Those that are sick, take care of yourself, get better, being healthy is better than fighting the illness through training. During these times of cold weather and flu season, water is a great friend and necessity, keep up with a healthy diet and remember, its all for the fun of the race (unless your fast and want to win).

Now that we are less than a month out, the waivers should be coming soon and be posted sometime during next week, maybe even this weekend. I know I won't be in A for this race since my kind is allowed ;), but should be in first corral I am allowed in, which previously has been B. Maybe I will see some of you there, if you see a guy in a full Rapunzel costume, that is most likely me and feel free to say hi!

17. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Sounds good!

18. bskelly07

bskelly07 Mouseketeer

Boys are crummy and stupid, they never realize what they have until it's long gone. It'll feel so good when you're okay and suddenly he's not anymore :). I do all my runs solo. It's really great thinking time. Not to divulge too much, but I eventually found out after we broke up that he cheated on me with two girls I knew and WAS friends with. Pounding my feet on the streets was the best therapy I could ask for. Meanwhile in my head I was picturing breaking all their faces in, but besides that... I think it kept me really level headed about the whole situation. And MUCH stronger. We deserve to be treated like princesses, and our prince is definitely out there somewhere :thumbsup2 you can manhunt with me at the princess half! There's bound to be some there ::yes::

19. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

Welcome! There are plenty of us who are running and in WDW alone. I cant believe it is less than a month out now!

20. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

Well, I had to skip my run yesterday (seriously a first with this training program. I shifted by a day once...but NEVER skipped) I too have been hit by a bug. I am so frustrated. I spent all of yesterday in bed and today I still feel woozy. I just hope I am up to a run tomorrow so that I don't skip two (today was a rest day and I took it as such. ;)) I guess I have to see the positive though... had I not got sick (this sick) I would have went to a work luncheon where someone turned out to have pneumonia. (although I am not sure it is viral) This tummy bug that has hit me so hard... I should recover from fairly quickly (or so that is my plan) Getting pneumonia at this point could put my running the phm in jeopardy.

It would actually be 12 days before the race, so almost 2 weeks. However, I kinda wondered about making that last run an 8 to 10...

So what you are saying is that what works for one...may not work for another? :goodvibes I consider myself to be pretty new at this... but I am starting to figure out some of what works for me... and yes, I can see that what works for some doesn't work for me...and vis versa.

Your schedule looks similar to mine...only mine continues to go up My last long run (I think on 2/12) is suppose to be 13 miler.. but the time given for that is 1:26 and there is no way that I will finish in that time. I would assume more like 12 miles. I just wasn't sure if I should try and fit in any more long runs after that. I like the idea of maybe a couple 3 to 5 milers...

Given how I am feeling right now... I like your plan. Do you mind if I just copy yours? And if not... considering it will not take me to 13 miles..that should still be okay, right? Seems like everyone agrees as long as you get to 10 you are probably good for the half.

My training has times listed rather than miles...so I guestimate how far I will go...but below I list your miles vs. mine..and how it would affect.

4,5,11 instead of 3 (which I skipped yesterday) 5, 3 and 10 ( two more that I will finish this week but 1 less than I was scheduled for)

4,6,12 instead of 3,6,3, and 11 (one less than I was scheduled for)

4,5,9 instead of 3,11,12 (8 less than I was scheduled for)

3,4,8 and since I had nothing... this helps out with that last week before the race.

I hope you feel better soon! My dh thinks that my long runs are what caused my body to be susceptible to the bug I am trying to get over. Your advice is good too... 8, 9 and 7... I like your plan too... :scratchin

Yes, I am extremely freaked out. My last long run (and my longest to date) was only 10.35 miles. I did it...ran the entire thing... and did it with a pace of 10:32. I should be able to finish the half, right? I just keep having crazy thoughts like... maybe runkeeper is off and I am not actually running as far as I am or as fast. :confused: crazy... cause... I am... but I get done and think "did I really just do that?" Then I think "and I am suppose to finish a 5k on top of that??!!"

Good job!!!

Thank you for this reminder!!! I totally forgot!!!

That is pretty slick! Now I know the key to easy packing.. just have multiple trips planned. ;) If only airfare would cooperate I might have more of a shot in doing that. As it sits... airfare for the 2013 ToT race might about kill me.

I know someone posted it is possible... but isn't that walking along main roads? And wouldn't it add mileage on right before the race?

I hope you don't get it. I got it... not at all fun. :sick:

:hug: believe me... I know that feeling!

21. mamacate

mamacate Half Crazy Princess 2012

I confess I once got lost (with two kids in tow) in MCO and I travel for work regularly. There are lots of signs--even when we got lost, we were only lost for a few minutes. :)

ITA. This is a great group.

Just wanted to send good wishes to those dealing with emotional and physical (and professional!) setbacks. There has been some great advice and encouragement here. Nothing like feeling your power as you run 13.1 miles!

Good thoughts to everyone on your training runs this weekend. I only have 9 on tap, but it's going to be in the low 20sF here in western MA, and I wish I was still in Atlanta!

Cate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.