Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hellllooooo everyone. Well, I did 10 miles today! I walked, jogged and ran. Stopped at the grocery store to pee, LOL, and got a blister on one toe. But ya know what? I still did it. All the while I was out there, I kept thinking about all the advice and words of encouragement I get from all of you. That is the farthest I have ever gone in my life! I want to send out hugs to all from this Florida gal! We can do this! We are women, hear us roar! Thanks to the guys on the board, too. Drinks for everyone!

PrincessA: non-alcoholic for you and the baby, LOL

Cheers and thanks,

Cindy

I somehow never posted or subscribed to this thread. I guess I was so focused on finishing the Goofy that I neglected the Princess! :rotfl2:
I did my first post-Goofy long run this morning. 9 miles on the treadmill because it was 11F outside and we had snow overnight. My biggest nightmare is slipping on the ice and getting injured!
I'm dragging my husband and 3 kids to the 5k (stroller division) and then we're doing the breakfast afterwards. Looking forward to my 1st Princess Half!!!

Amanda

Hellllooooo everyone. Well, I did 10 miles today! I walked, jogged and ran. Stopped at the grocery store to pee, LOL, and got a blister on one toe. But ya know what? I still did it. All the while I was out there, I kept thinking about all the advice and words of encouragement I get from all of you. That is the farthest I have ever gone in my life! I want to send out hugs to all from this Florida gal! We can do this! We are women, hear us roar! Thanks to the guys on the board, too. Drinks for everyone!

PrincessA: non-alcoholic for you and the baby, LOL

Cheers and thanks,

Cindy

Congrats, that's awesome! There's no better feeling than completing a double-digit run for me these days -- enjoy your accomplishment! :cheer2:

I am in desperate need of an extra Race Retreat ticket for the Princess Half Marathon. Does anyone have an extra ticket they are not using that I can buy?

Thanks!!:cheer2:

Well, I've been pretty positive that us princesses can do just about anything (and overcome just about anything)... But the snow in the northeast has me stumped!!

Having grown up in Florida, I have no idea what to do with snow, even after 5 winters here. And this year is my first time having to figure out an outdoor running schedule in the winter.

What do you ladies do? I'm supposed to go for 12 tomorrow but am terrified of slipping and hurting myself in the snow/ice. I don't have treadmill access either. :-/

Should I just plan to wait for a warm front to come in and melt the snow? It's so pretty; but it's also cold and messing up my training plan. Can't wait to be in my home state again soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Look for cleared roads/sidewalks. Slow down, slightly. Get some studded shoes or YakTrax or something similar. Dress in layers. Cover your face, head, ears, hands, etc. Most of all, have fun!

I had not considered getting there early to enjoy the race retreat....good idea! :thumbsup2. Does anyone know if they have a toaster at the RR? I will likely bring my own food, but do like to toast my bread.

Congrats on getting out there and doing the miles, ladies! I am debating whether I will do 5 miles today or rest. I rested much of the months of Dec. and Jan. due to an injury and I wanted to be in best shape possible for the Tink. NW that that is behind me, I got back to 2 runs this week and worked with a trainer yesterday. I can tell my foot is still not up to par. I don't plan on any run over 5 miles between now and the Princess. I'll be doing 5 on my treadmill either today or tomorrow.

I am back from Tink and I am working on my trip report with photos so I will post it soon. There was no greater feeling than crossing that finish line. LOVED IT can't wait for PHM.

I somehow never posted or subscribed to this thread. I guess I was so focused on finishing the Goofy that I neglected the Princess! :rotfl2:
I did my first post-Goofy long run this morning. 9 miles on the treadmill because it was 11F outside and we had snow overnight. My biggest nightmare is slipping on the ice and getting injured!
I'm dragging my husband and 3 kids to the 5k (stroller division) and then we're doing the breakfast afterwards. Looking forward to my 1st Princess Half!!!

Amanda

H Amanda! Good to see you over here! Congrats on Goofy! I have it on my list for next year. I just finished my first marathon and was a bit neglectful of my fellow princesses too. Sorry ladies. So excited to be going back in less than a month. The temps here suck for running out side so I've been hitting the TM. Not my favorite but it's getting the job done. I did a fast 5 today. Hoping to get a 10 in sometime in the next week. Not sure how to taper for PHM since I've been doing shorter runs since the marathon, mostly due to time constraints.

Add me to the "anxiously waiting for coral placement" group! Having been sick in bed the last couple days I did not attempt the 10k that I was considering. I did however still make it out today... Approx 5.7 miles in 58 minutes! Not bad for not being upright yesterday! I just hope that I didn't make a mistake and not go for that 10k (after all it would have only been another half mile). :rolleyes:

Just did a 10 mi today, its the farthest I've run so far. The last 2 miles were a little tough but I wouldn't let myself stop and it was no more than 12 min miles! I'll take it. Bring on PHM!

kanadar said:
Just did a 10 mi today, its the farthest I've run so far. The last 2 miles were a little tough but I wouldn't let myself stop and it was no more than 12 min miles! I'll take it. Bring on PHM!

That is great! Did 10 today, as well. Longest for me, too.

Hi all, wow, sounds like some great runs today! That was definitely me last weekend :thumbsup2

I was kinda of frustrated with today's run - it was 6.25 miles and took a good 8 minutes longer than usual for that distance. DH reminded me that it was only 8*F (thank goodness no wind at least) and that I should expect to be slower in those temps as my lungs apparently can't process the air as efficiently. I know he's right since I spent most of the run trying to decide which was making me walk more often than usual - feeling short of breath or the tired legs from running on the loosely packed snow - but it was still frustrating.

The day turned around though...I've still had it in my head to run as provincial Belle (blue dress) but just hadn't come up with how to make that work. Anyways, DD7 and I stopped at the sports store after her hockey game and guess what jumped off the rack (even better is was the clearance rack!) at us? A blue sports dress :cool1: , we managed to easily find a white running shirt for underneath and voila

DSCF0861.jpg

The apron is an old pillow case that I think I will cut to proper size and attach to my fuel belt somehow. This find totally made my day and I knew you would all understand :goodvibes

ellajeansmom said:
Hi all, wow, sounds like some great runs today! That was definitely me last weekend :thumbsup2

I was kinda of frustrated with today's run - it was 6.25 miles and took a good 8 minutes longer than usual for that distance. DH reminded me that it was only 8*F (thank goodness no wind at least) and that I should expect to be slower in those temps as my lungs apparently can't process the air as efficiently. I know he's right since I spent most of the run trying to decide which was making me walk more often than usual - feeling short of breath or the tired legs from running on the loosely packed snow - but it was still frustrating.

The day turned around though...I've still had it in my head to run as provincial Belle (blue dress) but just hadn't come up with how to make that work. Anyways, DD7 and I stopped at the sports store after her hockey game and guess what jumped off the rack (even better is was the clearance rack!) at us? A blue sports dress :cool1: , we managed to easily find a white running shirt for underneath and voila

The apron is an old pillow case that I think I will cut to proper size and attach to my fuel belt somehow. This find totally made my day and I knew you would all understand :goodvibes

Awesome find, it's perfect!

Oh Canada...cute outfit. Can't imagine being outside in sub freezing temps so you deserve a gold medal for today's run. Weather in TX similar to FL so I know I'm not a cold runner girl and hoping for 50's for PHM.

So proud of everyone who is running in costume....I tried to get DH to dress up but no....tried EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING (being G rated here !) and no dice. Even this week when I was miserable with a cold and he asked if there was anything he could get me....he still said no to the costume thing...I really tried my best, pitiful sick look too :rotfl:

Hoping to get on the TM tomorrow for an hour...coach said if I felt zippy to give it a try. Still gonna miss doing the Hero half tomorrow but remembering my goal is PHM so don't want to relapse with about 3 weeks to go.

Love the Belle outfit!
Sounds like a lot of great training runs this weekend!
I'm curious to get corral placements and bib numbers. Not too much longer....
I'm not sure what I'll wear. I picked Belle as my favorite Princess which was silly since I have an Ariel running skirt. I may just wear my Minnie Mouse running skirt instead...

Amanda

Okay - here is my annual speech! PLEASE don't get nutty when you find out your corral placement! I have seen people completely devastated over this. Truly it's not worth it. It's a place in line. I know some have a fear of being swept, but just focus, get in your training runs and trust your training to get you where you need to be - the finish line! I just hate to see people completely psych themselves out before they even get to the starting line. You've worked too hard for that! Okay, stepping down now. :)

Add me to the list of impatient princesses awaiting bib and corral information!!! According to the runDisney site, we should receive these approx one month before race day...which would be any time! Someone on the Princess FB pages called runDisney and they said next week. So keep checking that email! I can't wait!!!!

Also, there has been so much chatter about race day costumes, that it inspired a new blog post! Just thought I'd share in case you are like me and love to read about Disney races and outfits :)
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com

Jodi
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun

Hey everyone! I have a question about the spectators. I was reading on RunDisney that they can enter the Magic Kingdom and watch runners near the castle. When I ran the Donalad in 2010, my husband said that they had the spectators watch outside the park.

Anyway, my sister in law is my spectator, so what should I tell her to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter