Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to all the Dis'ers who got in the meetup...that was some experience trying to get in. I missed the cut off by several minutes....oh well...let us know how it goes, take lots of pictures!

MeridaCostume_zps039629d3.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's my Merida "costume" - not much to it, but the wig is way too bouncy to run in. Had fun making the sleeves out of Target knee socks today with my daughter.:)

Love the sock Improvise!

Let's see if I can figure out how to post pictures...

Here's my race outfit:
72ce5fc6-42fa-413b-af6c-2d1ff377e400.jpg

LOVE that skirt and GREAT hat. You are gonna be comfy and look good!

And, the sign for our window at Pop:
0d3087a7-a54c-456b-ab0d-2cd19fdd9164.jpg

Ladies I need a weather dance. They are calling for a snow storm on Thursday night when I need to fly out to Orlando. I got into the Meet Up!!!

The airline will not move my flight (yet) as they are not calling this a weather event (yet)

The same thing happened last year, they canceled my flight and I took me 8 hours to find a new way to Orlando

Best of luck on the flights!

Mine from last year shrunk and the fit sucks. Yes, it was cotton and for that price I won't be buying one this year. :sad1:

Buy it big, they do shrink a tad.

I've been training indoors so that at least temp wise, I'm accustomed to running it temps 65-70ish. The humidity however.... :scared1:

Everyone DRINK YOUR BEVERAGES NOW and get your daily potassium. I am having 2 coconut waters a day, a banana daily and pickle juice! The humidity can really zap you so slow down your pace a bit to compensate esp when the sun is up. wishing it wasn't so hot, but what can you do?

Mamasmurf227 said:
I LOVE my sparkle skirts! I'm actually bringing another one just to wear at the parks. So comfy and lots of pocket space. I'm hoping to get another one at the expo as well. :)

Me too! I am wearing my schoolgirl skirt to islands of adventure. Very British! Love the pockets!

Would any one of you Princesses want an Ariel-inspired wrap skirt?

Here's a pic of me wearing it before last October's Halloween race (its only use):

678988645.jpg

I ended up making a tutu to wear at the Princess Half instead, but don't want to just throw this one away if someone could use it (or wants to give it to a daughter, etc). I can bring it down this weekend and leave it for pick-up at CSR on Saturday.

Let me know by private message.

Erin

Is it really supposed to be humid on race day? I think 65 is perfect...it's way better than running in the cold and rain back in jan 2010 for the half, lol.

As long as it isn't nasty humid, I think we will all be okay.

Is it really supposed to be humid on race day? I think 65 is perfect...it's way better than running in the cold and rain back in jan 2010 for the half, lol.

As long as it isn't nasty humid, I think we will all be okay.

It's saying 20 percent chance of rain for Sunday, so I would say some humidity but not extremely bad.

I am actually more worried about Thursday when I fly out right now. We're supposed to get snow starting tomorrow and continuing into Thursday. And after last week's lovely incident of driving to school and back I don't trust Denver to actually salt the roads this time (skidded twice for a short distance before I got full control back, had the anti-lock breaks kick in four times because some idiot decided that in spite of the fact it had been snowing since 10 am and it was now almost 6, not to send out the trucks). And its supposed to snow on Sunday too, lovely. The weather doesn't appear to be too bad (only an inch expected tomorrow) but still.

I'm new on twitter (I know, I know - We don't use it in Denmark) and I'm planning on tweeting from the race days ( and the rest of my vacation) and would like to follow others doing that as well. I'm stepher83 :-)

Thank for the weather wishes ladies, I just checked weather.com and it looks like the snow may be much less now!! Lets hope it stays that way!!

all of the sudden I got that runDisney email everyone was talking about...the one reminding that they moved the expo to CSR. I haven't gotten any of their other emails since I did EEC last year. :badpc: I took the opportunity to make sure it was added to all my safe lists...eventhough I've always checked the spam/junk folders for their emails...that and the email they send my stuff to is a flippin' Disney domain, so if they are blocking their own entities, well...:faint: Maybe it was an indication they've fixed whatever the problem was...though I don't plan to do another Disney race until Tink next year, so I'll have to wait a while to find out.

:cool1: 3 days of work and I'm so outta here! Trying not to "sweat" the forecast...still haven't started packing I think because I'm hoping a "surprise" cool front will surface. My back is feeling a little better today from my spill sunday morning. I spent most of the weekend on and off of a heating pad and trying to do some really light, easy stretches so it wouldn't stiffen up. Looking forward to getting electro-stimulated and cracked tomorrow, followed by a relaxing massage Thursday night!

I'm sure we've talked about it before...but who all is staying at CSR? Once I get in Friday, I plan to get my stuff and browse the expo for a bit, then taking some friends of mine travelling with us to get them into the parks for the day, but I'm coming right back to relax at the resort...I'll post then to see if anyone's around and wants to relax and chat...I might try to find a nice spot by the pool or something...saturday will probably be a repeat and BF will be around by then, so if anyone's trying to stay off their feet and out of the parks and get's bored, post here and we can meet up for a bit!

I, for one, am the insane person SO happy about this weather. I prefer to run between 75-80 if I'm being honest (I have raynaud's phenomenon and my hands and feet bother me if too cold.)

I'm with you Jubilee! I'm in NC and I much preferred running in the 80-100 degree temps we had last summer to the 30's we've had lately. My last couple of 5K/10K's were below freezing at the start -- I greatly disliked not being able to feel my legs/feet because they were so cold! It's such an odd feeling to be sweating and freezing at the same time...

all of the sudden I got that runDisney email everyone was talking about...the one reminding that they moved the expo to CSR. I haven't gotten any of their other emails since I did EEC last year. :badpc: I took the opportunity to make sure it was added to all my safe lists...eventhough I've always checked the spam/junk folders for their emails...that and the email they send my stuff to is a flippin' Disney domain, so if they are blocking their own entities, well...:faint: Maybe it was an indication they've fixed whatever the problem was...though I don't plan to do another Disney race until Tink next year, so I'll have to wait a while to find out.

:cool1: 3 days of work and I'm so outta here! Trying not to "sweat" the forecast...still haven't started packing I think because I'm hoping a "surprise" cool front will surface. My back is feeling a little better today from my spill sunday morning. I spent most of the weekend on and off of a heating pad and trying to do some really light, easy stretches so it wouldn't stiffen up. Looking forward to getting electro-stimulated and cracked tomorrow, followed by a relaxing massage Thursday night!

I'm sure we've talked about it before...but who all is staying at CSR? Once I get in Friday, I plan to get my stuff and browse the expo for a bit, then taking some friends of mine travelling with us to get them into the parks for the day, but I'm coming right back to relax at the resort...I'll post then to see if anyone's around and wants to relax and chat...I might try to find a nice spot by the pool or something...saturday will probably be a repeat and BF will be around by then, so if anyone's trying to stay off their feet and out of the parks and get's bored, post here and we can meet up for a bit!

Glad you're feeling better! I have also not packed, but that's just due to sheer laziness -- not because I hope the forecast will change;)

I'm also at CSR. I get in Friday early evening. Am hoping to get checked in and to the expo to pick up my stuff before heading to Kona to meet up with some solo princesses for dinner. If I don't make it Friday, I'll be hitting the expo Saturday morning. Not sure of my plans for the rest of the day. I've got some friends who will also be there (but not running) so will hook up with them for a bit, but then probably taking it easy. Plan to be on the first bus Sunday morning so that I have some time to enjoy the race retreat:)

Wow, weather is all over the place, depending on which outlet you check. I also like to check the local, I think WESH. It says 10% chance of rain.

Now as I think about packing, I wish I knew shirt color so I could pack matching shorts.

Yeah for CSR! I'm coming in Friday, think my plane lands around 11am then ME to CSR and the expo. Hoping for some pool time. DH doesn't fly in until Saturday, high school basketball game to coach Friday night. Last time we were at CSR was four years ago, our 25th wedding anniversary and my first half marathon. :flower3:

I think I've asked this before, but maybe there are more people reading the thread now...any woodsy Princesses staying at the Wilderness Lodge who want to meet up for the bus to the start? princess:

Morning Princesses! :wave: TWO DAYS until I depart!!! :yay:

I'm loving all of the outfit pics - you all look fantastic! I've finally got mine together, after a failed attempt at ironing-on a tiara to my hat. Now I've got a regular tiara that sits on it nicely.

285215_10200404784389574_829583271_n.jpg

CONGRATS to all who got into the meet-up! I passed on trying, as what my leg needs most is pre-race rest. I'm looking forward to reports!

Weather... I'll confess to being very happy with the latest forecasts, so long as any rain holds off. I waited all summer for cooler temps... only to find that i really prefer to run in the heat, lol! 65ish is just right for me. :thumbsup2

Humidity is, well... relative. :rolleyes: I expect it to feel pretty normal to me, but those from drier climes may find it pretty damp. The downside to humidity is that your sweat doesn't work as well to cool you down, since it can't quickly evaporate. My advice is to take the first few miles a tad slower than your usual pace and see how you feel: feeling great, bump it up; feeling hot and run down, take it down a notch. Pre-hydration is KEY in the heat, as in days before, not hours. But don't overhydrate without adding electrolytes, either. I'll do a 3:1 ratio of plain water and Nuun in the days before the race, and alternate 8oz bottles of water and Nuun on race day.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned: pollen counts are through the roof down here. If you have issues with tree and flowering shrub pollen, bring your meds. I'm a right mess and am taking my usual daily Zyrtec, plus a nasal steroid spray, plus using my inhaler more than usual.

Oh, and Twitter handles - I'm @VsFuzzyWorld

Thanks for the reminder about allergies. Mine are just starting to fire back up this week after taking their annual 2-month rest in December & January. I need to get my prescription refilled before we head down to FL, the last thing I want is to be a sniffly mess out there on the course.

Did my last run today before Sunday. 3 miles feels so short when you've been running quadruple that distance. I blinked and my run was over. I do have a bit of a knee injury that's sprouted up, so I'm not doing anything else exercise wise between now and Sunday. DH just got a new car and I opened the glove box yesterday only for it to drop open really fast and it banged both of my kneecaps something terrible - left a bruise on one. Am I the only one prone to weird, freak injuries right before a big race??

I'm new on twitter (I know, I know - We don't use it in Denmark) and I'm planning on tweeting from the race days ( and the rest of my vacation) and would like to follow others doing that as well. I'm stepher83 :-)

I'll be tweeting like crazy...I've done nothing but tweet about the Princess Half since I registered back in July! :cool1:

I'm @jenniferlnelson

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter