Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave2: CSR for me, too! Getting there around 10:30-11:00 am on Friday, depending on the traffic. Will wander the Expo after checking in. I am up for hanging out! I have dinner at Kona @6:50 with a bunch of Solo Princesses on Fri, then Wishes watching from the Poly beach. I'm in BC, so bring on the Sangria and snacks. :thumbsup2

Cindy

Morning Princesses! :wave: TWO DAYS until I depart!!! :yay:

I'm loving all of the outfit pics - you all look fantastic! I've finally got mine together, after a failed attempt at ironing-on a tiara to my hat. Now I've got a regular tiara that sits on it nicely.

285215_10200404784389574_829583271_n.jpg

CONGRATS to all who got into the meet-up! I passed on trying, as what my leg needs most is pre-race rest. I'm looking forward to reports!

Weather... I'll confess to being very happy with the latest forecasts, so long as any rain holds off. I waited all summer for cooler temps... only to find that i really prefer to run in the heat, lol! 65ish is just right for me. :thumbsup2

Humidity is, well... relative. :rolleyes: I expect it to feel pretty normal to me, but those from drier climes may find it pretty damp. The downside to humidity is that your sweat doesn't work as well to cool you down, since it can't quickly evaporate. My advice is to take the first few miles a tad slower than your usual pace and see how you feel: feeling great, bump it up; feeling hot and run down, take it down a notch. Pre-hydration is KEY in the heat, as in days before, not hours. But don't overhydrate without adding electrolytes, either. I'll do a 3:1 ratio of plain water and Nuun in the days before the race, and alternate 8oz bottles of water and Nuun on race day.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned: pollen counts are through the roof down here. If you have issues with tree and flowering shrub pollen, bring your meds. I'm a right mess and am taking my usual daily Zyrtec, plus a nasal steroid spray, plus using my inhaler more than usual.

Oh, and Twitter handles - I'm @VsFuzzyWorld

You go, girl!! That is awesome princess:

Yeah for CSR! I'm coming in Friday, think my plane lands around 11am then ME to CSR and the expo. Hoping for some pool time. DH doesn't fly in until Saturday, high school basketball game to coach Friday night. Last time we were at CSR was four years ago, our 25th wedding anniversary and my first half marathon. :flower3:

I'm scheduled to land around 10:45am Friday too, so we might be on the same ME bus...as long as I meet up on time with my friends and their parents...none of them are running, but are Disney lovers (and great cheerleaders!) so they come along on some of our trips with us to hang out. This time my friend's parents are coming and they are bringing their grand daughter for her first trip too. I'm sure she's excited! They are flying SW and are scheduled to be in 15 minutes before me, so I'm hoping they'll already be waiting once I get down there and we can get moving! I'll keep an eye out for you :thumbsup2

Glad you're feeling better! I have also not packed, but that's just due to sheer laziness -- not because I hope the forecast will change;)

I'm also at CSR. I get in Friday early evening. Am hoping to get checked in and to the expo to pick up my stuff before heading to Kona to meet up with some solo princesses for dinner. If I don't make it Friday, I'll be hitting the expo Saturday morning. Not sure of my plans for the rest of the day. I've got some friends who will also be there (but not running) so will hook up with them for a bit, but then probably taking it easy. Plan to be on the first bus Sunday morning so that I have some time to enjoy the race retreat:)

:wave2: CSR for me, too! Getting there around 10:30-11:00 am on Friday, depending on the traffic. Will wander the Expo after checking in. I am up for hanging out! I have dinner at Kona @6:50 with a bunch of Solo Princesses on Fri, then Wishes watching from the Poly beach. I'm in BC, so bring on the Sangria and snacks. :thumbsup2

Cindy

Great! Hopefully I'll see you there!!

Wow, weather is all over the place, depending on which outlet you check. I also like to check the local, I think WESH. It says 10% chance of rain.

Now as I think about packing, I wish I knew shirt color so I could pack matching shorts.

Yeah for CSR! I'm coming in Friday, think my plane lands around 11am then ME to CSR and the expo. Hoping for some pool time. DH doesn't fly in until Saturday, high school basketball game to coach Friday night. Last time we were at CSR was four years ago, our 25th wedding anniversary and my first half marathon. :flower3:

If you have khaki, jean, or black shorts, those will match just about anything.

I'm loving all of the outfit pics - you all look fantastic! I've finally got mine together, after a failed attempt at ironing-on a tiara to my hat. Now I've got a regular tiara that sits on it nicely.

285215_10200404784389574_829583271_n.jpg

CONGRATS to all who got into the meet-up! I passed on trying, as what my leg needs most is pre-race rest. I'm looking forward to reports!

Weather... I'll confess to being very happy with the latest forecasts, so long as any rain holds off. I waited all summer for cooler temps... only to find that i really prefer to run in the heat, lol! 65ish is just right for me. :thumbsup2

Humidity is, well... relative. :rolleyes: I expect it to feel pretty normal to me, but those from drier climes may find it pretty damp. The downside to humidity is that your sweat doesn't work as well to cool you down, since it can't quickly evaporate. My advice is to take the first few miles a tad slower than your usual pace and see how you feel: feeling great, bump it up; feeling hot and run down, take it down a notch. Pre-hydration is KEY in the heat, as in days before, not hours. But don't overhydrate without adding electrolytes, either. I'll do a 3:1 ratio of plain water and Nuun in the days before the race, and alternate 8oz bottles of water and Nuun on race day.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned: pollen counts are through the roof down here. If you have issues with tree and flowering shrub pollen, bring your meds. I'm a right mess and am taking my usual daily Zyrtec, plus a nasal steroid spray, plus using my inhaler more than usual.

I love your outfit! I love all of the outfits. Thanks everyone for posting pictures!

Thanks for the reminder about allergies. Mine are just starting to fire back up this week after taking their annual 2-month rest in December & January. I need to get my prescription refilled before we head down to FL, the last thing I want is to be a sniffly mess out there on the course.

Did my last run today before Sunday. 3 miles feels so short when you've been running quadruple that distance. I blinked and my run was over. I do have a bit of a knee injury that's sprouted up, so I'm not doing anything else exercise wise between now and Sunday. DH just got a new car and I opened the glove box yesterday only for it to drop open really fast and it banged both of my kneecaps something terrible - left a bruise on one. Am I the only one prone to weird, freak injuries right before a big race??

Well, poor Cripey fell backwards into her suitcase! I've been meaning to ask, Cripey, how you are? I hope it's just funny now and that you aren't feeling any residual pain.

I'm at Pop Thurs night, then over to CSR for the weekend and race. Then to POR for my final night. I wanted to experience a couple different hotels!

I hope the expo goes smoother than people are projecting. It sounds kinda nightmarish so far. :(

Well, poor Cripey fell backwards into her suitcase! I've been meaning to ask, Cripey, how you are? I hope it's just funny now and that you aren't feeling any residual pain.

Thanks for asking :flower3: It feels alot better today. I'll probably go ahead and get my 3 miles in this evening on the treadmill. I should do one more 3 miler, but I'm having trouble figuring out where I'm going to fit that in this week, so tonight's will most likely be the last one before race day. :woohoo:

I'm sure we've talked about it before...but who all is staying at CSR? Once I get in Friday, I plan to get my stuff and browse the expo for a bit, then taking some friends of mine travelling with us to get them into the parks for the day, but I'm coming right back to relax at the resort...I'll post then to see if anyone's around and wants to relax and chat...I might try to find a nice spot by the pool or something...saturday will probably be a repeat and BF will be around by then, so if anyone's trying to stay off their feet and out of the parks and get's bored, post here and we can meet up for a bit!

I'll be at CSR -- booked it before we even knew the Expo was there. Getting in late Friday night, and probably going to head straight to Rix Lounge for a "yay, we're here" celebratory drink.

I'm new on twitter (I know, I know - We don't use it in Denmark) and I'm planning on tweeting from the race days ( and the rest of my vacation) and would like to follow others doing that as well. I'm stepher83 :-)

I'm @erin_braincandy -- and still trying to decide if I want to try to tweet from the race course. :)

OK Orcagirl and Longhorns. I see you out there in the Twitterverse following me. Just you hush now on Twitter about how much I love Sean Astin! I'm trying to be cool. I put all my fangirl-ness on this thread, but now we're going out in the real world and I'm going to try to be all cool and stuff when we're in person :rolleyes1

I'll be at CSR -- booked it before we even knew the Expo was there. Getting in late Friday night, and probably going to head straight to Rix Lounge for a "yay, we're here" celebratory drink.

We did too! We even considered switching over to AoA at one point and I am soooo glad we didn't!

Cute outfit !!! LOVE your tirara. How did you get it to stay on your hat???

I'm really trying to figure this out. I may have to resort to vercro to have
mine stick to my visor.

Thansk! It's the comb-less kind and very tight; tight enough that it anchors on well. I've jumped around and bent over to tie my shoe in it and it didn't budge, but I fear losing it in a porta-potty, so I may tack it on with a few stitches.

I'm new on twitter (I know, I know - We don't use it in Denmark) and I'm planning on tweeting from the race days ( and the rest of my vacation) and would like to follow others doing that as well. I'm stepher83 :-)

Don't feel,bad about not tweeting...I believe I am the only woman in San Antonio who doesn't ! :confused3. Just gotta ask...how long is the flight from Denmark

Love the outfit ! Thanks especially for the pollen count...pretty bad here in San Antonio so I will be packing an extra bag I believe just for meds ! :rotfl2:

Believe I read they have power aide lime flavor along the course. Our running coach suggested we find out what they would serve along the course and try it BEFORE race day and before a short run just to see how our bodies and tummy's would react. We both did fine...but I know some folks have had ...hmmmmm...adverse reactions so to speak... so....if you haven't had power aide before go get some and try it out from the comfort of your home versus the porta potty !

Staying at CR...anybody else. . .

ccylevin on twitter

I'll be tweeting like crazy...I've done nothing but tweet about the Princess Half since I registered back in July! :cool1:

I'm @jenniferlnelson

@kward227 I signed up for Twitter at some point, but never used it. Hmmm, guess I'll go check it out.

Twitter handle: @amydeerisle
I've never used it much, but started trying it out in prep for the race. So far it's very fun!

Believe I read they have power aide lime flavor along the course. Our running coach suggested we find out what they would serve along the course and try it BEFORE race day and before a short run just to see how our bodies and tummy's would react. We both did fine...but I know some folks have had ...hmmmmm...adverse reactions so to speak... so....if you haven't had power aide before go get some and try it out from the comfort of your home versus the porta potty ![/QUOTE]

Just an FYI, if it's the same as what they provided in January for the half marathon, then it's diluted PowerAid. It wasn't really very strong. With the heat and humidity, it will be very important this weekend to keep hydrated and keep those electrolytes up during the race. What worked for me in January was alternating PowerAid and water at each station. I made sure to stop at each station and they served PowerAid at the first half of each station and water in the back half. If I got enough PowerAid, then I would also grab a water at the end and dump it over my head or down my back to try and stay cool.

I'm sure we've talked about it before...but who all is staying at CSR? Once I get in Friday, I plan to get my stuff and browse the expo for a bit, then taking some friends of mine travelling with us to get them into the parks for the day, but I'm coming right back to relax at the resort...I'll post then to see if anyone's around and wants to relax and chat...I might try to find a nice spot by the pool or something...saturday will probably be a repeat and BF will be around by then, so if anyone's trying to stay off their feet and out of the parks and get's bored, post here and we can meet up for a bit!

I'm at CSR. My cousin is working all day friday, so I plan on spending a majority of my day at the pool :cool1:. And if he has a track meet (he coaches for high school) saturday, I'll probably be there as well. If you see me say hi!! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter