Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by MoonFaerie, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

:wave2: CSR for me, too! Getting there around 10:30-11:00 am on Friday, depending on the traffic. Will wander the Expo after checking in. I am up for hanging out! I have dinner at Kona @6:50 with a bunch of Solo Princesses on Fri, then Wishes watching from the Poly beach. I'm in BC, so bring on the Sangria and snacks. :thumbsup2

Cindy

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

You go, girl!! That is awesome princess:

4. Cripey

Cripey DIS Veteran

I'm scheduled to land around 10:45am Friday too, so we might be on the same ME bus...as long as I meet up on time with my friends and their parents...none of them are running, but are Disney lovers (and great cheerleaders!) so they come along on some of our trips with us to hang out. This time my friend's parents are coming and they are bringing their grand daughter for her first trip too. I'm sure she's excited! They are flying SW and are scheduled to be in 15 minutes before me, so I'm hoping they'll already be waiting once I get down there and we can get moving! I'll keep an eye out for you :thumbsup2

Great! Hopefully I'll see you there!!

5. Lawyer Mommy

Lawyer Mommy Earning My Ears

If you have khaki, jean, or black shorts, those will match just about anything.

I love your outfit! I love all of the outfits. Thanks everyone for posting pictures!

Well, poor Cripey fell backwards into her suitcase! I've been meaning to ask, Cripey, how you are? I hope it's just funny now and that you aren't feeling any residual pain.

6. longhorns2

longhorns2 Mother runner blogger with a #DisneySide

I'm at Pop Thurs night, then over to CSR for the weekend and race. Then to POR for my final night. I wanted to experience a couple different hotels!

I hope the expo goes smoother than people are projecting. It sounds kinda nightmarish so far. :(

7. Cripey

Cripey DIS Veteran

Thanks for asking :flower3: It feels alot better today. I'll probably go ahead and get my 3 miles in this evening on the treadmill. I should do one more 3 miler, but I'm having trouble figuring out where I'm going to fit that in this week, so tonight's will most likely be the last one before race day. :woohoo:

8. Orcagirl

Orcagirl Earning My Ears

I'll be at CSR -- booked it before we even knew the Expo was there. Getting in late Friday night, and probably going to head straight to Rix Lounge for a "yay, we're here" celebratory drink.

I'm @erin_braincandy -- and still trying to decide if I want to try to tweet from the race course. :)

9. VickiHD

VickiHD DIS Veteran

Cute outfit !!! LOVE your tirara. How did you get it to stay on your hat???

I'm really trying to figure this out. I may have to resort to vercro to have
    mine stick to my visor.

10. sherekhan

sherekhan DLF>DNF>>DNS

OK Orcagirl and Longhorns. I see you out there in the Twitterverse following me. Just you hush now on Twitter about how much I love Sean Astin! I'm trying to be cool. I put all my fangirl-ness on this thread, but now we're going out in the real world and I'm going to try to be all cool and stuff when we're in person :rolleyes1

11. Cripey

Cripey DIS Veteran

We did too! We even considered switching over to AoA at one point and I am soooo glad we didn't!

12. PrincessV

PrincessV DIS Veteran

Thansk! It's the comb-less kind and very tight; tight enough that it anchors on well. I've jumped around and bent over to tie my shoe in it and it didn't budge, but I fear losing it in a porta-potty, so I may tack it on with a few stitches.

13. sherekhan

sherekhan DLF>DNF>>DNS

I just signed up for the Runner Tracking to tweet for me. I hope it works!

14. Gryhndmom

Gryhndmom Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Don't feel,bad about not tweeting...I believe I am the only woman in San Antonio who doesn't ! :confused3. Just gotta ask...how long is the flight from Denmark

Love the outfit ! Thanks especially for the pollen count...pretty bad here in San Antonio so I will be packing an extra bag I believe just for meds ! :rotfl2:

Believe I read they have power aide lime flavor along the course. Our running coach suggested we find out what they would serve along the course and try it BEFORE race day and before a short run just to see how our bodies and tummy's would react. We both did fine...but I know some folks have had ...hmmmmm...adverse reactions so to speak... so....if you haven't had power aide before go get some and try it out from the comfort of your home versus the porta potty !

Staying at CR...anybody else. . .

15. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Ah heck, I think I'm the only person on Florida that doesn't have a Twitter gig!

16. DeerIsleDisney

DeerIsleDisney Mouseketeer

Twitter handle: @amydeerisle
    I've never used it much, but started trying it out in prep for the race. So far it's very fun!

17. Diskidatheart

Diskidatheart DIS Veteran

Believe I read they have power aide lime flavor along the course. Our running coach suggested we find out what they would serve along the course and try it BEFORE race day and before a short run just to see how our bodies and tummy's would react. We both did fine...but I know some folks have had ...hmmmmm...adverse reactions so to speak... so....if you haven't had power aide before go get some and try it out from the comfort of your home versus the porta potty ![/QUOTE]

Just an FYI, if it's the same as what they provided in January for the half marathon, then it's diluted PowerAid. It wasn't really very strong. With the heat and humidity, it will be very important this weekend to keep hydrated and keep those electrolytes up during the race. What worked for me in January was alternating PowerAid and water at each station. I made sure to stop at each station and they served PowerAid at the first half of each station and water in the back half. If I got enough PowerAid, then I would also grab a water at the end and dump it over my head or down my back to try and stay cool.

18. bskelly07

bskelly07 Mouseketeer

I'm at CSR. My cousin is working all day friday, so I plan on spending a majority of my day at the pool :cool1:. And if he has a track meet (he coaches for high school) saturday, I'll probably be there as well. If you see me say hi!! :goodvibes

19. jodipaige2004

jodipaige2004 Mouseketeer

Me! Me! Me! So excited I could hardly sleep last night, LOL. I already wrote a blog about it:
    www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com

For those caring about what times emails were sent, mine was sent at 5:55AM EST.

Can't wait!
    Jodi

20. cantwaitvaca09

cantwaitvaca09 DIS Veteran

Jodi I LOVE the crazy princess picture on your blog!!!

21. jodipaige2004

jodipaige2004 Mouseketeer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.