OCTOBER 2016 Car Rental Rate Watch Thread

Ok, so use Costco codes on Alamo's site, not Costco travel. Thanks!

On Costco Travel site, the codes are automatic. You do not need to add them on top of the booking. I use Costco travel page all the time as it compares several agencies at once with their codes.

Just got a Mid-Size SUV for Oct 29 to Nov 7 on Costco Travel for $205. This is through Budget.

Just went down to $195 today. Hope it keeps dropping. This one is from AVIS. Finally cancelled my reservation for the Luxury car since it is a bigger savings now.

My Costco rate has shot up $60 after reserving, then the past few days is heading back down. It is still $16 higher than my reservation, but hopefully it will continue to go down

Looking for a decent price on a mini van, oct 28 to nov 7th. I do have a full size car but have party in wheel chair and is nice not to take apart everyday. Help on who has deals.

Looking for a decent price on a mini van, oct 28 to nov 7th. I do have a full size car but have party in wheel chair and is nice not to take apart everyday. Help on who has deals.

Someone referred me to the king of car rentals and he got me a mini van for 1/2 of what I was finding anywhere else. Had to pay a booking fee but it still saved me way more so it was worth it.

Last edited:

Someone rendered me to the king of car rentals and he got me a mini van for 1/2 of what I was finding anywhere else. Had to pay a booking fee but it still saved me way more so it was worth it.

Never heard of that company. Curious, what Are you paying for your (I assume weekly) rental after paying the $33 fee?

Keep checking your rates! I'm a week out. Alamo rates have dropped substantially for my dates, not below what I have already. Via car rental savers matrix, w/WDW AP Corp code seeing Alamo & budget, compacts for $136 for a week starting 10/1...a two week approx double. USSSA a bit lower

Did want to mention that I moved up my trip a day but it's still within my original 2 week rental period staring 10/1.

Had two res booked w/Alamo, both with AS1 code and WDW AP corporate rate. One had the double upgrade coupon, the other using a $25 one that is still accepted.

Had absolutely no issue modifying the dates, despite being unable to 'touch' the reservations to in the recent past without receiving an error code :confused3Not complaining, now if I can actually check in online later this week once I decide which I'm keeping haha:rolleyes1

Last edited:
I've seen a slight decreased by like keishashadow, not better than what I have. I'm paying ALOT, but need a vehicle that can seat 6. I'm 3 weeks out today, so guessing keishashadow will be leaving the day we arrive! I've got a minivan at Alamo for $450 for my 16 day rental and so far it's the best price I've gotten. I'm not holding my breath for any big drop. This is my 4th trip this year and not once has the rates dropped or gotten better as my day got closer. I've come to accept that the rates we use to get are long gone. Though I still like watching and checking.

Previous Info: Booked a Mid-Sized SUV from Alamo for $210 total. Used AD3868JST and 7014627 (Costco) Only picked the class because it was the cheapest, even over economy and compact. Still will look for cheaper. October 4 thru 9. It dropped to $170 and now...

Now the dilemma. Used the same codes as before tonight. Now SUV is $7 more at 177, but now they have economy and compact at $133. Making my mind up between the extra lunch or bigger vehicle. I'm by myself, so only the novelty of getting an suv so cheap has me interested in that. So I can change easy. Moral of the story. Keep on looking.

Never heard of that company. Curious, what Are you paying for your (I assume weekly) rental after paying the $33 fee?
About $450 which is better than I found anywhere else and I honestly got sick of looking lol. It also includes 4 free drivers which works out very well since we're traveling with my parents. If we didn't need a minivan we could have done better ourselves.
Oh and it's not weekly, it's 10 days and since I was referred the fee is $26.

Just checked again today on car rental savers site coming in 10/1. My two week is the same, but one week rentals substantially dropped, including an intermediate/Avis $123

I can never recreate prices on the car rental savers website. Am I using the site incorrectly? I get a price of $240 for 1 week for an intermediate from Avis.IMG_0094.PNG

I am renting from MCO on 10/29 and plan to drop it off at the Dolphin on 11/5. Price finally dropped for me to $173 for the smaller SUV. I was planning on dropping it off on 11/3 to save money but Alamo's price to do that was $303, so much cheaper to keep it a week. On Costco

I dont know what I am doing wrong but i booked an economy about 2 months ago for 10/12-10/21 and the lowest i can find anywhere still is 240. What am I doing wrong here? i dont care about class of car at all. Any advice, guidance or tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

I dont know what I am doing wrong but i booked an economy about 2 months ago for 10/12-10/21 and the lowest i can find anywhere still is 240. What am I doing wrong here? i dont care about class of car at all. Any advice, guidance or tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. Prices are crazy. A few months ago I booked a full size at TPA for 190.00. I figured it was a start. Everything now is well over 300.00.

Keep checking your rates! I'm a week out. Alamo rates have dropped substantially for my dates, not below what I have already. Via car rental savers matrix, w/WDW AP Corp code seeing Alamo & budget, compacts for $136 for a week starting 10/1...a two week approx double. USSSA a bit lower

Did want to mention that I moved up my trip a day but it's still within my original 2 week rental period staring 10/1.

Had two res booked w/Alamo, both with AS1 code and WDW AP corporate rate. One had the double upgrade coupon, the other using a $25 one that is still accepted.

Had absolutely no issue modifying the dates, despite being unable to 'touch' the reservations to in the recent past without receiving an error code :confused3Not complaining, now if I can actually check in online later this week once I decide which I'm keeping haha:rolleyes1

Quick question - Where did you get the AP code. We have APs so I want to see if it gives a better rate. Do I need to call Disney?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter