OCTOBER 2016 Car Rental Rate Watch Thread

Hah, every time I use the coupon, it says not good for my time: 2 to 14 October. Oh well, I am sticking so far with the rate I got from Alamo online, using my Costco number. $231.68 for a full size that I did months ago. I guess that's the best I can get, as now it is showing in the $400's. Um, no. Way too much. Fearing it now becoming a very buy time. Hello October! LOL

Hah, every time I use the coupon, it says not good for my time: 2 to 14 October. Oh well, I am sticking so far with the rate I got from Alamo online, using my Costco number. $231.68 for a full size that I did months ago. I guess that's the best I can get, as now it is showing in the $400's. Um, no. Way too much. Fearing it now becoming a very buy time. Hello October! LOL

Did you try the single or double upgrade one?

Just booked Oct 29 - Nov 7 SUV - Intermediate for $217 through Costco Travel. It is from Alamo.

My Costco intermediate SUV (cheapest category right now) that I reserved yesterday 10/21 to 10/30 went down today from $279 to $261. I forgot to reserve early like I usually do, but I hope the cost continues to drop.

Just booked Dollar for Oct 22nd-27th from SNA (going to DLR) for $126.02 using code 101115 (15% off week). I found it on one of my reward sites - remember your reward sites for cashback!

I have Alamo for Oct 21-Oct 31 with an Intermediate SUV. Last night it was $325 and that was a savings of $40 from a previous reservation. Tonight it is down to $275! I am happy about that and hope it still drops!

My Costco intermediate SUV (cheapest category right now) that I reserved yesterday 10/21 to 10/30 went down today from $279 to $261. I forgot to reserve early like I usually do, but I hope the cost continues to drop.

which car rental company did you use?

MY mid-SUV dropped form $228 to $190 tonight! Yay!

Oct 25-Nov 1, Alamo, using Costco website.

I'm holding 3 reservations for:
Oct 19 - Oct 29

Large Car $201
Intermediate SUV $264
Luxury Car $335

Alamo, Costco website

I'm thinking for only the extra charge of $124 for 10 days it might be worth it to try the Luxury Car for a change?
Anyone know what Make and Model that car might be picking up at MCO

Last edited:
So I checked again this morning for the heck of it. It dropped another $3! Hey $3 is $3! I used Costco codes and Alamo. So my Intermediate SUV is now $272 for 10/21-10/31.

It has dropped $93 in 3 days!!

Glad everyone's is dropping. Mine just keeps going up and up! It's about $240 more than when I booked it! We leave next week, so still hoping it drops, but if not, at least we got the cheapest price.

Can someone help me with Costco and codes and Alamo? I've tried using my Costco number but I see no place to as codes. Thanks.

Can someone help me with Costco and codes and Alamo? I've tried using my Costco number but I see no place to as codes. Thanks.

Not sure what you are asking?

You need to input one of the Costco corporate codes on the Alamo website when pricing. If not on post #1, Google.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter