9 days - dates Oct. 29 - Nov. 7
Midsize
Codes: Coupon: AD3868JST and contract code: 7014926
Total: $242.38

But......found this lower rate today from Dollar

9 days - dates Oct. 29 - Nov. 7
Compact
AAA code 3000049 or TMDW8
Total: $219.23 -$6 if booked economy or $210.00 if you book the lock low and go. (Can you cancel a lock low and go?). I chose the lock low and they choose vehicle, I'm alone and don't need anything specific.

Compact or economy?? Are they pretty much the same??
Hope this helps!

Last edited:
My trip is less than 2 weeks away and now with the hurricane, I don't expect to see anything drop now. Past experiences have always had the rental car prices go up when a storm is around. You get alot of folks picking up rentals and driving one way when their flights get cancelled which causes a shortage of vehicles. Ugh. Glad I've got something booked. However, one storm I remember the companies still didn't have enough fleet for the reservations and people were turned away. I arrive next Saturday on the 15th and hopefully things will be calmer by then.

My trip is less than 2 weeks away and now with the hurricane, I don't expect to see anything drop now. Past experiences have always had the rental car prices go up when a storm is around. You get alot of folks picking up rentals and driving one way when their flights get cancelled which causes a shortage of vehicles. Ugh. Glad I've got something booked. However, one storm I remember the companies still didn't have enough fleet for the reservations and people were turned away. I arrive next Saturday on the 15th and hopefully things will be calmer by then.
Insurance Company CAT teams need vehicles also.

Bummer - I was hoping for the opposite thinking that people coming in would be cancelling a lot of rentals and they'd drop prices to make up for lost business.

Three days before our trip (10/1-10/4) I was able to go from an economy for 158 to a standard for 90. When we arrived. Alamo told us to pick any car from the full size row! We got a full size SUV which helped us a lOT in getting my ECV inside. Very happy with the speed and efficiency of Alamo I don't think I will choose another company again

I hate it that I was right. Hurricane over and both alamo and national have both doubled their prices of what they were 2 days ago. Leave in 6 days and it's over for me in thinking a better rate might appear. I've seen this pattern happen before when traveling in October.

Used the Alamo drive happy deal with some coupon combo from here (I booked ages ago - sorry I forgot!) for 10/1-10/4. $15 a day! Got the pick any car from that row - ended up with a Jeep SUV, perfect! Our reservation was 10/1-10/5 originally but we cut a day off of our trip. I wasn't able to shorten or modify the reservation without it getting more expensive, so I figured we'd just eat the cost of the final day. I was very pleasantly surprised when we turned the car in on 10/4 - they only charged us for 4 days, so our total was $83 after tax, etc instead of $95! Totally easy process (much easier than when we rented from Enterprise in Seattle last year - pick-up took FOREVER). I'd definitely rent from Alamo again (ok, I am next weekend in Tampa...).

I hate it that I was right. Hurricane over and both alamo and national have both doubled their prices of what they were 2 days ago. Leave in 6 days and it's over for me in thinking a better rate might appear. I've seen this pattern happen before when traveling in October.
Yeah, I was just checking rates for a minivan for 10/14-10/19 and right after the hurricane the rates have now doubled and inventory is almost non existent.

At this point, I just hope I get he car size I booked. I'm sure the inventory will be low

I dont know what I am doing wrong but i booked an economy about 2 months ago for 10/12-10/21 and the lowest i can find anywhere still is 240. What am I doing wrong here? i dont care about class of car at all. Any advice, guidance or tips would be GREATLY appreciated.
Not doing anything wrong. It happens to be fall break for many schools and they are headed to Florida so the rates are higher for that week.

At this point, I just hope I get he car size I booked. I'm sure the inventory will be low
I went in early Sept rented a compact and they only thing they had to offer me at MCO was SUV and pickup trucks. Even tried the car care center and they too had nothing smaller than a SUV or Pickup

Had that experience at Tampa on Saturday morning - guy looked at my paperwork and said "pick any car along that row". I walked over. There was one car there. I picked that one. Not sure what the next person who reserved a compact car was going to do...

In years past I have been able to check last minute and find lower rates and switch my reservation. Not this week! I have a Intermediate SUV booked with Alamo for $260 from 10/21-10/31 I just checked and it is now $640!!

I just hope there are some cars there on Friday. With the hurricane and many people either drove home, relief workers that rented cars and victims that have lost cars in flooding and need a rental, inventory is scarce.

Glad I got what I got.

First time renting a car!!! 1 adult and 3 kids( car seat and 2 booster), big stroller and 3 bags. 417 full size with Alamo for 14 days....can I do better?

For anyone looking at these going in late October like us, try using an incognito to check the prices. I was able to book Oct 27-Nov 9 with Alamo using the "Save with Alamo" code #7014926 and Coupon AD3868JST ($25 off) to get the Drive Happy Deal for $366 total for the 14 days. I'm thinking its not to bad for a week out and have read this deal sometimes allows you to pick up anything in the aisle.

OMG I had to laugh. Told my husband that a 15 passenger van is $20 cheaper than my midsize car. Told DH I could make some money on the side and do a little Ubering LOL

Has anyone gone recently and found cars to be at a minimum lately to choose from? We have a Minivan rental starting Thursday and wonder if there will be any left with the hurricane masses taking vehicles out of state.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter