OCTOBER 2016 Car Rental Rate Watch Thread

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Life is short. Live it well.
I don't think anyone has started one yet, so I will do the honours :) .

This is the place to share your October car rental rates, codes, coupons and discounts :drive:.

Let's all help each other get their vehicle rentals at a great price!

CURRENT CODES, COUPONS & NEED-TO-KNOW INFO FOR GREAT RATES:

www.carrentalsavers.com
- a great resource for pricing. Codes and coupons (which are available to the general public) are automatically applied.

RBC Travel - a good resource for Canadians who have a Royal Bank Visa card. Prices are generally almost equal to those on the US sites from the major players (Dollar, Alamo, Budget, etc.) but on RBC are in Canadian dollars, saving at least the value of the current exchange rate (40% or more right now). No codes or coupons are required.

Alamo:
  • Vegas Brazil Code #7016427 (*note most rates include CDW, use code at own risk)
  • Coupon AD3868JST ($25 off)
  • The current discounted rate through your Insiders membership (free to join) is also worth checking
  • Pick a code that works well for you, then add rate code AS1 (does not add CDW)
  • Costco Canada code #7016405
  • Costco general code #s 7014627 and 7015309 (not country specific)
  • Disney Annual Passholder code #15000
  • "Save with Alamo" code #7014926

Dollar:

• Check City Special and Lock Low & Go rates (automatically pops up as an option - no codes or coupons required)
  • Promo code CHEP is reported to be producing good rates
  • AAA offers are available depending on your geographic region - check website for the code for your area

Budget:
  • BCD code #B006301 is reported to be producing favourable minivan prices

Last edited:
It's early, but I've already made a "worst case scenario" reservation.

Our dates are October 14th to 28th. We have a full size booked with Dollar for $385 including tax.

No codes or coupons used, booked via carrentalsavers.com .

Right now I am booked with Alamo 10/20 - 10/29, Midsize, for $200.93. That is using no coupons or discount codes. Hopefully I can get it lower as time goes by. :)

I don't think anyone has started one yet, so I will do the honours :) .

This is the place to share your October car rental rates, codes, coupons and discounts

Let's all help each other get their vehicle rentals at a great price!

Gina, since you are the OP, would it be possible to update the 1st post to list the 'producing' codes & coupons?

Always thought it would help to avoid having to search thru the whole thread to find basic info people are looking to obtain for pricing. Not suggesting a date/rate thread, unless you are really ambitious lol Unfortunately, the OPs of these threads tend to vanish, know you're active here.

With SWA releasing flights into October on the 18th, most will start to poke around looking for a base rate.

Good luck to us all.

Gina, since you are the OP, would it be possible to update the 1st post to list the 'producing' codes & coupons?

Always thought it would help to avoid having to search thru the whole thread to find basic info people are looking to obtain for pricing. Not suggesting a date/rate thread, unless you are really ambitious lol Unfortunately, the OPs of these threads tend to vanish, know you're active here.

With SWA releasing flights into October on the 18th, most will start to poke around looking for a base rate.

Good luck to us all.

I am more than happy to add any standard codes/coupons to the first post, if anyone wants to let me know what they are using. I, personally, am not a Costco/BJ's/Sams Club member, don't use a Visa card for our rentals if in US dollars (it charges me a foreign exchange fee, where my Mastercard does not), or qualify for several of the other well known discounts (like AAA) so I don't keep a record of those codes specifically. If any other Disers have them, though, they can most definitely share them and I will keep a master list in post #1 for easy reference :thumbsup2.

The last several trips, RBC Travel has been our go-to place for great rental prices. A perk of having a Royal Bank Visa (which I only use for our rentals if made through their travel site, as prices are in Canadian funds so there is no Forex fee on top of the exchange) I have been able to secure vehicles for virtually the same price in Canadian dollars as the US websites of the major carriers (Alamo, Dollar, Budget, etc.) are offering in American funds. That saves us at least the value of the current exchange rate...which is at least 40% right now. Best of all, there are no codes or coupons to worry about....just one final price, paid in advance, so we can pick up and go :car:.

Jetblue is always a tad ahead of Southwest.....they released their October schedule back on the 7th of February. Once SW joins JB with their schedule extension, I am sure I will have lots of company here!!

So, October travellers.....post those codes and coupons, and I will be sure to keep track of 'em all from now until Halloween! (or at least until our departure date mid-month.....once I'm lying by the pool with a fruity drink in my hand, no promises :p).

Last edited:
Great! October tends to be the rental where I've gotten the lowest price over the years.

NOTE: My reservation quotes are for 8 days, a true week will be lower.

ALAMO which i didn't book, despite the vegas brazil rate being the best i've found for 3 other reservations this year. imo it's too high for this code/class. I will not book it if CDW is included, which this year it has been for anything above compact. As in all things YMMV using this code!

AD3868JST - $25
compact $162

Booked with Dollar via City Special-LockLowGo (just pops up if available when you don't input any codes/IDs). CHEP code is also producing = $163. Yes, i booked them both and plan on modifying/cancelling as the date gets closer.

DOLLAR
Alamo LockLowGo
compact $138

AAA (Code varies by regions, look up on Dollar's site)
midsize $157

Great! October tends to be the rental where I've gotten the lowest price over the years.

NOTE: My reservation quotes are for 8 days, a true week will be lower.

ALAMO which i didn't book, despite the vegas brazil rate being the best i've found for 3 other reservations this year. imo it's too high for this code/class. I will not book it if CDW is included, which this year it has been for anything above compact. As in all things YMMV using this code!

AD3868JST - $25
compact $162

Booked with Dollar via City Special-LockLowGo (just pops up if available when you don't input any codes/IDs). CHEP code is also producing = $163. Yes, i booked them both and plan on modifying/cancelling as the date gets closer.

DOLLAR
Alamo LockLowGo
compact $138

AAA (Code varies by regions, look up on Dollar's site)
midsize $157

Excellent! I have added your info to the first post :thumbsup2 .

I would love for your prediction of low rates to come true. I have a two week rental for that trip, so a great price would make me VERY happy! ::yes::

Ugh, my 2 week rental with Alamo using Costco and visa upgrade, since it wouldn't take the 25 dollars off coupon, is still higher than what I am locked in right now for 2 weeks at Christmas. I'll keep searching though. Thanks for this thread Gina!

Thanks Gina:)

Ugh, my 2 week rental with Alamo using Costco and visa upgrade, since it wouldn't take the 25 dollars off coupon, is still higher than what I am locked in right now for 2 weeks at Christmas. I'll keep searching though. Thanks for this thread Gina!

You are both most welcome! Looking forward to chilling with you guys over the next several months :goodvibes .

$188.26 for 11 days in Oct., compact car from Dollar. We're Dollar Express members and this was their City Rate.

Bill From PA

Joining this thread... We are going to be in Orlando Oct 22 - Oct 29. Trying to search around and figure out whether I should just book an intermediate SUV through UT for $246.13.

Joining this thread... We are going to be in Orlando Oct 22 - Oct 29. Trying to search around and figure out whether I should just book an intermediate SUV through UT for $246.13.
is it cancellable and not pre paid? if so, i'd grab it as placeholder & keep looking.

just a reference, was able to book this morning via insider rate & $25 specialty coupon for Alamo trip that begins in 3 days (wheee) - 7 days, full size under $140. compact & midsize each $10 lower. They had SUVs under $200.

October typically has the lowest rates I find in Orlando.

is it cancellable and not pre paid? if so, i'd grab it as placeholder & keep looking.

just a reference, was able to book this morning via insider rate & $25 specialty coupon for Alamo trip that begins in 3 days (wheee) - 7 days, full size under $140. compact & midsize each $10 lower. They had SUVs under $200.

October typically has the lowest rates I find in Orlando.

Planning to buy our park tickets so I will check... Sounds like a good idea. Thanks! Figuring an SUV will be best for four adults with luggage.

I have a minivan booked with Dollar using City Special rates from morning of 10/8 to evening of 10/22, 2 weeks plus one day, for $401 including taxes and fees. I'll keep checking but I'm happy with that for 15 days!

Booked a convertible for 4 days through Alamo using the $25 coupon and insider savings for $193. Everyone else was well over $500. First time using Alamo so hopefully everything goes well.

Booked a convertible for 4 days through Alamo using the $25 coupon and insider savings for $193. Everyone else was well over $500. First time using Alamo so hopefully everything goes well.

We love Alamo ::yes:: . We have used them several times through various booking venues (direct through their website, Hotwire, RBC Travel) and there's never been a problem. We have always secured a great car, and we love being able to skip the counter and pick our own vehicle.

I have amended the first post to include checking the rates through Alamo Insiders as another place to look when researching prices.

ugh. Got a little lower the other day, via Costco Travel, and now the prices have jumped higher and higher. Still paying more than my same number of days over Christmas. Oh well. At least I know so far, I got the best Alamo rental car rates for both trips. And best, I just reduced my SW flight down by $20, that I can use that credit for my trip in Christmas. Nice little bonus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter