October 2013 Code Watch?!

After taking my last few trips in the spring, I'm happy to be finally planning a fall trip! Planning for 10/26-11/02/13 with me, mom, my childhood friend and her son. :cool1:

None of us want to share a bed and mom & I are trying to help keep my friend's cost down so we are keeping our fingers crossed that a GREAT code or room only sale comes out so that we can hopefully swing a 1 BR at BLT. When should I start looking for availability for those rooms? And when should I start REALLY keeping my eyes open for a code/sale for that week???? :confused: I REALLY want to make this the best trip ever for them! This is her son's first trip to WDW and his first trip having mom all to himself (his DSis and DDad are staying home).

If we can't get a 1br or don't get a sale, we'll be doing 2 brs at POFQ most likely but it will be much more expensive for my friend. :(

Unfortunately, we had to cancel our planned trip this fall to WDW :sad1: However, we are excited to plan a trip next fall! :cool1: We are planning on the very end of September or early October for two weeks. However, without FD happening, I don't know if the trip will happen - without FD to feed our two human garburators, it's just too expensive on top the trip costs. It would be cheaper for us to go to Nice for two weeks LOL

So, count me in as one who is waiting hopefully for FD to be offered for the end of September or sometime in October 2013! :cheer2:

Count me in for the October 2013 watch. My family of five just returned from our first Disney trip (10/7/12 - 10/15-12), and now my DS - 5 is already excited about the potential for returning in the fall of 2013.

I found this site this past summer and it was very helpful in our planning. I don't remember when people first began receiving pins for October though. How soon in advance do you typically begin hearing of people receiving pins for October?

We just got back a few weeks ago. We booked a bounceback discount with free dining for the Beach Club for 9/27-10/5, but I would prefer a RO discount.

Glad I found this thread. My DH and I are planning our 10th Anniversary trip for October 25th to November 3rd at PORFQ. FD or a discount would be wonderful.

not sure what im watching for can you please explain . we are going columbus day weekend for 6 days when do the discounts come out. we want to stay at art of animation should i wait to book this too excited

not sure what im watching for can you please explain . we are going columbus day weekend for 6 days when do the discounts come out. we want to stay at art of animation should i wait to book this too excited

Your watching for Pin Codes which people receive either through e-mail or regular mail and also for discounts released from Disney. Most likely the discounts from Disney won't be out until the summer if they follow previous trends. The AOA has excluded Little Mermaid rooms from discounts though so that's definitely something to consider when your booking.

We are already booked because we are going whether there is a discount or not and want a specific resort/room type. If you won't go if there is no discount or don't mind any of the resorts I wouldn't worry about booking.

We are also planning an Oct 13 trip. This will be our first time visiting in October - we have been in May 2 times. Really looking forward to the Halloween party!!

Count us in, too! We always go in October due to our Fall Break. They just released our calendar for 2013-14. They moved Fall Break down to Oct. 21-25. I just booked for Pop again! I, too, am usually good until Jan. or Feb. But this time, I wanted to turn around and go back! My oldest is in 9th grade. The way I see it, we only have 3 more fall breaks for us to be on the same schedule before she hits college! I don't want to miss a moment while we can!

Thinking about October, but we usually don't book before the discounts are out.

We are booked 10/23 - 10/29 with a club level room at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Would love to see some discounts come out or at least the free meal plans. This will be my wife and sons first trip to WDW.

Yay, a code watch! :cool1: DH and I want to take an early October trip to celebrate my turning (gulp) 40 in June and our 19th Anniversary in September (couldn't bare the wait till the 20th :)). The kids will be staying home and I'm am so looking forward to attending the MNSSHP and the Food and Wine Festival. :goodvibes

Come on good codes!

We are booked 10/23 - 10/29 with a club level room at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Would love to see some discounts come out or at least the free meal plans. This will be my wife and sons first trip to WDW.

we just booked the exact same dates, but for the Little Mermaid section at AoA. I know those have not been included for most discounts so far, so we're willing to move to a different resort, should something great become available. I would love to be able to move to a Cars suite, if the price is right! It will be the first trip for my 2 young children :)

We're planning for either October or December again next year. DH is voting December but DD and I are voting for October since we are doing December this year and we both LOVE the Halloween party.

We're using our DVC points in March making our family trip in the fall a cash trip so I'm hoping for a PIN code, or discount or a good AP discount.

We're prepping to go next October for the first time to Disneyworld. My DH and I are from California so we've been to disneyland a million and one times so we're excited for this new experience.

I've already booked part of my trip through AAA, but I'm wondering if I should wait on booking the second hotel for the rest of our trip for a code. We're going to be spending part of the time at the Grand Floridian and the rest at the Animal Kingdom.

I just booked our Oct 2013 vacation at the Wilderness Lodge - would love to add a nice discount though...

We're still in the early planning stages but will probably be going sometime in Oct. Trying to decide between DVC villa, 2 resort rooms, or Bonet Creek. If we book a room now can we go back and apply a discount or PIN later? :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter