Now It's a Royal Baby NAME Watch thread!

The only thing I hate for them is they don't get a choice in the name of the baby. From what I have been hearing on TV it's the queen choice. Has anyone else heard that?
Yes queen does hold a lot of weight in regards to the name. They can suggest, but she will ultimately tell them what would suit better.

Do people really name there kids after their moms? I don't know anyone who does that unless maybe they have passed away.

The current Queen was named for her mother. The Queens grandmother was named Mary, her mother was also a Mary and she had a daughter named Mary. So yes people name their children after their mothers. It's not common but it is done.

If it the queen choice it will be nothing to do with Diana.
I don't think the Queen is that mean. She's mellowed over the years.

Plus she knows that Diana was well loved by the people. Her purposely not allowing a name from Diana or her side will only make her look crotchety and alienate her from the public.

Last edited:

Didn't say she would be Queen, if she is named Elizabeth she would be Elizabeth III, due to Queen Mother being Elizabeth I......Queen Elizabeth is Elizabeth II ....thus making her Elizabeth III - if that is what they name her... :)

Diana as a middle name, won't put Queenies nose out of joint too much :)

Elizabeth I reigned in the 1500s - she was not the Queen Mother! The Queen Mother didn't get reign, so she didn't get a reign name.

Do people really name there kids after their moms? I don't know anyone who does that unless maybe they have passed away.

My niece's middle name is the same as my mother's - to honour my mother. But, my mother passed away before my niece was born.

Thinking about it though, giving a boy his father's name as a middle name is fairly common in my family. And, the first born daughter tends to get some form of my great-great-grandmother's name as a middle name.

Glad it worked I'm horrible at posting links most fo the time it doesn't show up

Easier with the new improved boards you could have just right mouse clicked on the photo and chose "copy " then come here and right mouse clicked " paste " For those who haven't seen it, how cute is this ! ?

It gave me a sentimental feeling. My daughters are 21 months apart I remember seeing the oldest for the first time after having the younger one. She seemed as big as a 5 yr old in my eyes.

22725_10153332345566350_1098944205356478189_n.jpg

It's not all that uncommon to name a daughter after her grandmother. More common to have the mother's or grandmother's name as a middle name.

As for sons, many parents still name him after the father or grandfather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter