Now Bring Me That Horizon ~ It Begins P115

I feel compelled to start talking about auto insurance. :lmao:

Which book are you reading now?

:rotfl:

The Other Boleyn Girl -- I can't put it down -- I only have about 90 more pages left, and then I refuse to start a new book until I get some trip stuff done.

I only hope that by the time of day I meet you that my hairstyle will still be cute and not in fact completely dessimated by the humidity that is such a treasure on Disney vacations. :lmao:

I have no doubt that the humidity will have gotten to mine by then -- it will most likely be in a ponytail.

The Other Boleyn Girl -- I can't put it down -- I only have about 90 more pages left, and then I refuse to start a new book until I get some trip stuff done.

I've been meaning to pick that up! Right now, I'm still on my Meg Cabot kick. I just can't get enough of her, and sadly, it only takes a day or two to read them!

I have no doubt that the humidity will have gotten to mine by then -- it will most likely be in a ponytail.

Funny story for you.

Yesterday, I was packing, and I got the part on my list where it had hair elastics. I burst into laughter, looked at my DH and said, "Hair elastics? Yeah, right!" :lmao:

I don't think I could get my hair into an elastic. Although maybe the top part. At that point I was pretty much delirious with packing. :lmao:

Hijack!

Loved that book. It started me on a whole Philippa Gregory kick. Until I burned myself out on them as I am wont to do with a new favorite author.

I suspect that for our August trip my hair will ONLY be in a ponytail, or more likely in a ridiculous banana clip that drives DH crazy with the rare exception of times we actually go back to the room to freshen up for dinner. It was a non issue in Feb but aug? Ugh.

And Kat...you are the candy man.

As my frenzied plans fell into place yesterday I thought of you. My new plans call for something new, something nautical. And naturally I thought of...

tye dye swimsuit cover ups.

Which does NOT negate the need for the Halloween Mickey workout t!

:)

Every year, I send my husband to the storage unit to get the suitcases. And every year, for some inexplicable reason, we always forget that we don't just pack in the two he brings back.

We also pack in the black rolling duffle in his closet.

And I forgot about that duffle. Like I do every year. So last night, as I was packing and thinking OMG, how is this all going to fit, DH and I finally have the same epiphany that we usually do bring one more bag to check and that it is in his closet.

Every year.

I swear, it would be funnier if you were there. Watching me. Look at everything I'd packed into the medium size suitcase that already weighed 45 pounds and didn't even include my unmentionables.

And I may be a pirate, but I don't go commando.

Boy, if that's not a tag... :lmao:

Anyway, I did a lot of packing last night. I would say, at this point, we're 50-75% done. All of our clothes are packed, most of our tolietries, and various gifts and other things of which I cannot speak. I stayed up.

Late.

I'm tired. Because for some reason, after the packing frenzy, I couldn't sleep. You would have thought last night was Disney Eve! And probably because my poor sleep-drived brain was addled thinking that I never pack this early and it was Disney Eve.

Which it's not. Because we have six more days. Six days!!! :woohoo: And I was so confused by the amount of work I did yesterday that I almost felt like it was Monday. Weird. I'm all off kilter. And not in a good band in Canada way.

I'm a little perplexed as to what, besides my hipster, I'm going to carry on to the plane, and how to orchestrate the rest of our things, but there's not much I can do about it until this weekend.

I do have some fun things to report though, and that's a little change in the normal pre-vacation routine. You see normally, I go to Walmart and get the last minute items all by my onesy savvy. However, this year, I decided to change it up a bit.

And I took DS with me. I had a couple of reasons for doing this. One, I'm sick of picking snacks for the plane that he's not interested in. And even if we did get some junk, at least I know it's appealing junk. And, heck, once we get on that plane, we are on vacation, as far as I'm concerned. And if we're going to eat chocolate for breakfast, dagnabit, we can.

Because I had a lovely coupon for $1 off 2 candy bars. I got a Twix and Three Musketeers for DH and I for a grand total of .28. I love something that barely costs anything. Now, of course, I was going to let DS pick something as well, so he chose plain M&Ms, his absolute favorite.

He also picked Entemann's mini blueberry muffins and fruit snacks to have on the plane. I figure this is good. I usually over pack on the whole snack thing and I refuse to this year. I know we'll get a little breakfast in him before we leave the house, so it'll be fine.

Every year, I also pick a new DVD for him to watch on the plane. This year, I let him pick it himself. He had a tough time with that. He kept seeing different things he liked, but fortunately, I'm lucky. When he wanted two, and I said only one, he didn't put up a fuss. He just thought about it for a good while and eventually settled on a Tom and Jerry DVD. It's a compilation, over two hours of cartoons! I love that my boy loves old school cartoons. He's so like me in that way.

We also got some gum (don't want those ears popping!) and last minute tolietries and things, so we're pretty much settled, nothing else to buy.

Yesterday I went ahead and transferred my reward dollars.

I have $150. I am so stoked over having put part of my deposit on my new car on that card. Now I have some "free" Disney money to spend! And spend it, I shall. With relish!

I still need to roll my coin, and do our last minute packing this weekend, but for the most part...we are good to go.

It's so exciting!!!!

And since I'm feeling a bit geeky today (packing geek, computer geek, trip geek), my quote will reflect that. For the most part I've picked really mainstream quotes.

Today, something a little different, that never, ever fails to make me laugh.

flip-q.jpg

"Ladies, will you please shut it! Listen to me.
Yes, I lied to you.
No, I don't love you.
Of course it makes you look fat.
I've never been to Brussels.
It is pronounced *egregious*.
By the way, no. I've never actually met Pizarro, but I love his pies.
And all of this pales to utter insignificance in light of the fact that my ship is once again gone. Savvy?"

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I just adore quiz day at school!! I can get grading done and keep up on the DIS while my students work away on their quizes and definitions!!!! Of course tomorrow is a whole nother story with lecture day LOL!!! (Wait i'm getting of track and rambling!!)

I'm sure packing at your house every year would be a hoot to watch but I'm glad you are almost done!! Nothing beats being able to say I'm done packing and just enjoy the next couple of days before Disney!!

YAY for DS going shopping with you and making some great decisions!! I love Tom and Jerry...way to go Kat's DS!!!!! I'm sure he will love it!!!!!

I'm feeling less and less overwhelmed and more and more excited but I think that's because I'm really getting things crossed off my to do list which is great I love being able to do that!!!!!

I'm all for being a geek, I'm one every day (I'm a science teacher of course I'm a geek) so embrace the geekiness!!! I wish you a great rest of your day!!

After reading your PTR last year and seeing how you have been introducing your DS into the Disney planning and rituals this year has been a lot of fun. It shows how much he's grown up in the last year! That is one of the best things about reading PTR/TRs with little kiddos. :goodvibes

I love your picture & quote, that is one of my favorite parts in the movie!

I just adore quiz day at school!! I can get grading done and keep up on the DIS while my students work away on their quizes and definitions!!!! Of course tomorrow is a whole nother story with lecture day LOL!!! (Wait i'm getting of track and rambling!!)

Is somebody sneakin' on the DIS boards? ;)

I'm sure packing at your house every year would be a hoot to watch but I'm glad you are almost done!! Nothing beats being able to say I'm done packing and just enjoy the next couple of days before Disney!!

It was rather amusing.

"Um, DH...do you REALLY need this many shirts???" :lmao:

"I like options." :rotfl2:

YAY for DS going shopping with you and making some great decisions!! I love Tom and Jerry...way to go Kat's DS!!!!! I'm sure he will love it!!!!!

He's a good egg, that boy. :thumbsup2

I'm feeling less and less overwhelmed and more and more excited but I think that's because I'm really getting things crossed off my to do list which is great I love being able to do that!!!!!

Me, too! I love crossing things off my list. It gives me an intense satisfaction. :thumbsup2

I'm all for being a geek, I'm one every day (I'm a science teacher of course I'm a geek) so embrace the geekiness!!! I wish you a great rest of your day!!

I was so bad at science! Although I really liked earth science. What grade do you teach, I don't remember?

After reading your PTR last year and seeing how you have been introducing your DS into the Disney planning and rituals this year has been a lot of fun. It shows how much he's grown up in the last year! That is one of the best things about reading PTR/TRs with little kiddos. :goodvibes

Isn't it amazing? One of the best parts this year is about how much DS has grown, leaps and bounds really. The things he understands, that he really gets where we're going, and has some specific ideas. It's just soooo wonderful. :goodvibes

I love your picture & quote, that is one of my favorite parts in the movie!

Me, too! :lmao:

Boy, if that's not a tag... :lmao:

The question of the day is, WHY DO YOU STILL NOT HAVE A TAG??!!....

What is the MATTER with that Tag Fairy??!.....:headache:

And I took DS with me. I had a couple of reasons for doing this. One, I'm sick of picking snacks for the plane that he's not interested in. And even if we did get some junk, at least I know it's appealing junk. And, heck, once we get on that plane, we are on vacation, as far as I'm concerned. And if we're going to eat chocolate for breakfast, dagnabit, we can.

Because I had a lovely coupon for $1 off 2 candy bars. I got a Twix and Three Musketeers for DH and I for a grand total of .28. I love something that barely costs anything. Now, of course, I was going to let DS pick something as well, so he chose plain M&Ms, his absolute favorite.

He also picked Entemann's mini blueberry muffins and fruit snacks to have on the plane. I figure this is good. I usually over pack on the whole snack thing and I refuse to this year. I know we'll get a little breakfast in him before we leave the house, so it'll be fine.

A woman who knows how to eat while on vacation!:thumbsup2

flip-q.jpg

"Ladies, will you please shut it! Listen to me.
Yes, I lied to you.
No, I don't love you.
Of course it makes you look fat.
I've never been to Brussels.
It is pronounced *egregious*.
By the way, no. I've never actually met Pizarro, but I love his pies.
And all of this pales to utter insignificance in light of the fact that my ship is once again gone. Savvy?"

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Ok this may possibly be the best pic/quote combo yet..... I suddenly feel the need to sit and watch all three POTC movies. At once. In a row.

UGH! 108 pages?:sad2:I'm in trouble! I'll try to see what is going on here!

Hey everyone! I followed TK over here from Maroo's PTR. So now I have some serious catching up to do.:surfweb:

Hey everyone! I followed TK over here from Maroo's PTR. So now I have some serious catching up to do.:surfweb:

I have to admit...I laughed in my head when you said 40 pages.....

I thought...NOPE...must be at least 80...but NO...we broke 100 over here!!!

Too many more days and we would need a new thread for her pretrippie!

Don't worry...She is leaving in 6 days anyway...and then she will start a TRIP report...

Here...I will go ahead and pass out the popcorn. popcorn::

And YES, TK - You totally just got popcorned on a trip report and you have not even left yet! :rotfl:

I feel like I should shout, "YOU'RE IT!!!!" ;)

LOVE reward Dollars. That's souvenir money for us! I mean. For the kids.

;) Yes.

What you said. Because I find one of my biggest conflicts as a Libra is mantaining a balance.

And that can also be explained by the balance I attempt to keep between buying the boy tons of souvies and buying myself tons of yummy alcoholic beverages.

I need to remember, Yak Attack, Yak Attack, Yak Attack. There. :thumbsup2

The question of the day is, WHY DO YOU STILL NOT HAVE A TAG??!!....

What is the MATTER with that Tag Fairy??!.....:headache:

Sadly, I do not know why I am still nekkid of the tag variety. It is a travesty that saddens me.

I plan to drown my sorrows in Disney World.

In six days.

Tee hee.

A woman who knows how to eat while on vacation!:thumbsup2

I'm going to try to be a little more go with the flow on this one, in regard to DS' eating. CP inspired me with the let them eat chocolate for breakfast on her thread. :goodvibes

Ok this may possibly be the best pic/quote combo yet..... I suddenly feel the need to sit and watch all three POTC movies. At once. In a row.

Funny, I feel that way a lot. :lmao: I'm hoping to get all three in before I leave. Wish me luck!:thumbsup2

:welcome: I'm so happy you're here!

Please don't be overwhelmed. I'm prolific, and we're chatty. I know it's a scary combination, but it's also fun. :lmao:

Godspeed, my good man! :goodvibes

I have to admit...I laughed in my head when you said 40 pages.....

I thought...NOPE...must be at least 80...but NO...we broke 100 over here!!!

Too many more days and we would need a new thread for her pretrippie!

:rotfl2:

Don't worry...She is leaving in 6 days anyway...and then she will start a TRIP report...

Here...I will go ahead and pass out the popcorn. popcorn::

And YES, TK - You totally just got popcorned on a trip report and you have not even left yet! :rotfl:

Okay, that's got to be a DIS boards first. I know how Maroo loves her popcorn but I have officially been popcorned on something that as of yet, does not exist.

How's that for loyal readers? :blush:

What you said. Because I find one of my biggest conflicts as a Libra is mantaining a balance.

I knew we thought alike. I also have that conflict as a Libra. I have a tendency towards obsession that my Libra nature cannot stand.
Okay, that's got to be a DIS boards first. I know how Maroo loves her popcorn but I have officially been popcorned on something that as of yet, does not exist.

I will join in the popcorn. popcorn::
I will be anxiously awaiting a trip report!! And since I leave in 21 days, I definitely will be hoping that you start before that. (Pressure much?:lmao:)

I knew we thought alike. I also have that conflict as a Libra. I have a tendency towards obsession that my Libra nature cannot stand.

I know the feeling. It is SO Libra. :lmao:

I will join in the popcorn. popcorn::
I will be anxiously awaiting a trip report!! And since I leave in 21 days, I definitely will be hoping that you start before that. (Pressure much?:lmao:)

I can neither confirm nor deny my ability to start a trip report within the designated time frame. ;)

I feel like I should shout, "YOU'RE IT!!!!" ;)

;) Yes.

And that can also be explained by the balance I attempt to keep between buying the boy tons of souvies and buying myself tons of yummy alcoholic beverages.

I need to remember, Yak Attack, Yak Attack, Yak Attack. There. :thumbsup2

In six days.

Tee hee.

I'm going to try to be a little more go with the flow on this one, in regard to DS' eating. CP inspired me with the let them eat chocolate for breakfast on her thread. :goodvibes

JINX!

repeat after me.

Yak Attack Yak Attack Yak Attack. And I just reminded you on my own thread. Sort of.

I REALLY love the correlation btw kid souvenirs and adult bevvies. Need to remember that!

I'm going to have to remember CP's chocolate for breakfast trick. I wonder, does it make 14 year old girls move any faster? I'm not sure I can go there, it's really outside of my comfort zone but...

JINX!

repeat after me.

Yak Attack Yak Attack Yak Attack. And I just reminded you on my own thread. Sort of.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I REALLY love the correlation btw kid souvenirs and adult bevvies. Need to remember that!

The sad thing is that I really can't drink that much, but there are so many things I want to try! :lmao:

I'm going to have to remember CP's chocolate for breakfast trick. I wonder, does it make 14 year old girls move any faster? I'm not sure I can go there, it's really outside of my comfort zone but...

Oooo...now that's an idea! :scratchin

TK I didn't realize that you are leaving in 8 SHORT days!!!!!!

Our trips are even going to overlap!!! We are arriving on the 3rd! From what I have read so far, you are staying at POP! So are we. :thumbsup2

(This is getting more interesting.....popcorn::<---in honor of all the popcorn you have given to Maroo in other threads)

So unless you have a sick DISdiction of resort changing, we could be 10 feet or hundreds of feet apart... although I don't believe we would be 10,000 leagues apart.pirate: LOLOL

QUOTE]

OOh, I loved this book. It got me started on a whole Henry VIII fixation, which led me to find the show "The Tudors" that I was recommending the other day. The first season is all about his affair with Mary Boleyn, and how he dumps her for her sister Anne, and then goes on from there! I hope you're enjoying it CP, and I totally recommend it to you too Kat!

Good for you on the packing! I'm so not ready, maybe you will inspire me to get some done tommorrow! Less than a week now!:goodvibes

And I forgot about that duffle. Like I do every year. So last night, as I was packing and thinking OMG, how is this all going to fit, DH and I finally have the same epiphany that we usually do bring one more bag to check and that it is in his closet.

Every year.

It's a Disney packing tradition! :laughing:

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

I like the way you think, TK! ;)

"
It is pronounced *egregious*."

I love it when Captain Jack says things like this! :love:

EANDESMOM and JMAMOM: I finished The Other Boleyn Girl this evening -- absolutely fabulous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter