Now Bring Me That Horizon ~ It Begins P115

Don't have much time as I need to be in bed, but I wanted a quick word about Captain's Grille. We ate there two weeks ago ( :( ) and it was in the top three of the best meals, with them being in this order: 1. Liberty Tree Tavern, 2. Tutto Italia, 3. CG. You can't go wrong with tht ADR/

I'm hopping around on Friday and Saturday. My only semi-solid plans are MNSSHP on 10/1 and AK during the day on 10/2

So PM me the deets about an Epcot meet or on the Everythings Better thread

Okie dokie. I'll PM you.:thumbsup2

WOW what an update LOL!! I loved being able to read through it!!!

Thank you for taking the time. It was helpful for me to write it, because once I write it down, it helps solidify the plans / non-plans.

Can't wait to meet you at tea and I promise not to be obtrusive!!!! That way we won't scare your mom or your small child LOL!!!!

Bless you! :lmao:

All of which sound like a lot of fun and just heavenly! Especially the sitting and sipping by the pool! I plan to do some of that myself. :cloud9:

Yes. I think I'll call it my sit and sip. And read.

And ruminate.

Nah, I won't ruminate. Why should I think on vacation? :lmao:

It was downright scary, wasn't it? If Nicki had just sad it was blah that would be one thing, but her description of her meal just plain put me off the place for evermore!

It was scathing! The only reason I would go back is because every place has a bad day, and you're going to have one bad meal on your trip. For us, last year, unfortunately, it was Boma. For her, it was Nine Dragons.

Adorable! I take it you are the one wearing the tiara since you are the birthday girl?

Well, yeah! :lmao: Did you like DS' halo?

Can I just say how excited I am to be meeting you with your heads attached! :laughing:

You'll never think of me the same way again. :rotfl2:

So delicious! ;) Thanks for letting him visit your PTR!

All of your plans look wonderful, TK!

Here on the TK trip report we are equal opportunity ooglers. Jack Sparrow, Indiana Jones...whoever. :lmao:

Don't have much time as I need to be in bed, but I wanted a quick word about Captain's Grille. We ate there two weeks ago ( :( ) and it was in the top three of the best meals, with them being in this order: 1. Liberty Tree Tavern, 2. Tutto Italia, 3. CG. You can't go wrong with tht ADR/

Oh, thank you! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed it, excellent. :goodvibes

The plans are looking wonderful. It's going to be such a great trip for all of you.

I agree with you completely about MNSSHP. It's what I'm going to miss most on my December trip. I'm just not as enthused about the Christmas party, although we are planning on going.

I'm begining to feel like I'm the only disser not going to Disney the first week of October. :sad1: You are all going to have so much fun at your meet ups! :)

Just read thru the new plans and un-plans - they sound great. I think it'll be a great way to start your week - you'll be totally relaxed by the time the family gets there! And Captain's Grill was on my list of maybe's - we picked Rose & Crown instead but its still in the back of my head. I just hadn't heard much about it, so I'm curious to read all the comments here. Great update!

Honestly, it's a lot of fun. I wouldn't recommend it if it wasn't. And then when you get to the park, instead of having this preconceived touring plan, you just do whatever has the lowest wait time. I swear...it's a whole other world. :thumbsup2

I'm with you. Last year, to save a little money (because our trip was eight days and we were staying at the Wilderness Lodge) we opted not to hop. I figured eight days was enough time to hit every park twice.

Now there are definitely advantages to hopping, like being able to have more CS options than Roaring Forks. :lmao:

But there are also some great advantages to the one park per day strategy. It was quite easy to get a lot done! More so than I'd previously realized. It really forces you to focus on one park, and what you can do, and it was nice for a change.

That being said, we're back to hopping this year. :lmao:

We don't do touring plans...the extent of my planning is "probably" this park, this day and dinner at xx at xx:xx.

The probably this park this day is based on crowd calendars, fireworks schedules and EMH and the dinners are planned around the probably this park this day but other than that, it's deliberately flexible! :)
:)

Great update!

my 2 cents....

Carseat. Skip it. Lugging it from baggage claim is just one more thing to haul and you are right, he won't fit comfortably in it on the plane. We moved to boosters at 5 for both kids but they are on the small side. It was a birthday present lol. Mine would sleep in a booster that had a back on it. It looked absolutely horrendously uncomfortable but they did it. That said, at that age, they would NOT sleep on a plane. Made for a very long red-eye.

Nap in the stroller. Hmmn. At that age neither of mine wanted to be in the stroller, at all. Too much to see and do. I took one, we didn't use it. At all. I think I ended up lending it to my sister...

But I agree, no reason he can't join you for cocktails. Ours do.

Captains Grille. I will look forward to the reviews! I had such bad CS a the Lotus Blossom Cafe in 04 that neither Scrooge or I would consider Nine Dragons.

I love your no-plan days!

I agree with you completely about MNSSHP. It's what I'm going to miss most on my December trip. I'm just not as enthused about the Christmas party, although we are planning on going.

It is the thing I'll miss the most if I don't go next fall. Honestly...I can't remember missing an MNSSHP since their inception. I think we've gone every year.

I'm begining to feel like I'm the only disser not going to Disney the first week of October. :sad1: You are all going to have so much fun at your meet ups! :)

I feel a weekender coming on. ;)

Just read thru the new plans and un-plans - they sound great. I think it'll be a great way to start your week - you'll be totally relaxed by the time the family gets there! And Captain's Grill was on my list of maybe's - we picked Rose & Crown instead but its still in the back of my head. I just hadn't heard much about it, so I'm curious to read all the comments here. Great update!

You know, I have always wanted to try Rose & Crown! I remember eating there as a kid, but I know with my crew, there's just not enough of a selection on the menu. Still, I'd love to try it some day.

I'll definitely be sure to let you know how we feel about Captain's Grill! :thumbsup2

We don't do touring plans...the extent of my planning is "probably" this park, this day and dinner at xx at xx:xx.

The probably this park this day is based on crowd calendars, fireworks schedules and EMH and the dinners are planned around the probably this park this day but other than that, it's deliberately flexible! :)
:)

That's a good way to do it, really.

Great update!

my 2 cents....

Carseat. Skip it. Lugging it from baggage claim is just one more thing to haul and you are right, he won't fit comfortably in it on the plane. We moved to boosters at 5 for both kids but they are on the small side. It was a birthday present lol. Mine would sleep in a booster that had a back on it. It looked absolutely horrendously uncomfortable but they did it. That said, at that age, they would NOT sleep on a plane. Made for a very long red-eye.

Hmm. :scratchin I was just thinking of the backless booster for the car rides to and from the airport. I'm sure that would be sufficient, right? I know I can fit it in our luggage, too, whereas if I buy a brand new booster with the back to it, I'd be so worried that it'd get totally dinged up in the cargo bay of the plane.

Nap in the stroller. Hmmn. At that age neither of mine wanted to be in the stroller, at all. Too much to see and do. I took one, we didn't use it. At all. I think I ended up lending it to my sister...

We went to the zoo today, and he still wanted to ride in the stroller for part of the time. I would have to say, he's definitely in it less than he has been. But, DH and I have always been of the opinion that if he wants to walk, we find a nice place to park the stroller (in a designated area, of course) and let him walk. Then we have it for the evening and no one has to carry a sleeping 46+ pound toddler.

But I agree, no reason he can't join you for cocktails. Ours do.

If he's awake, I'd just order some apps, and let him nosh.

Captains Grille. I will look forward to the reviews! I had such bad CS a the Lotus Blossom Cafe in 04 that neither Scrooge or I would consider Nine Dragons.

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking of trying it.

I love your no-plan days!

I am attempting to hold to my no plans. And my DH is so happy about this, so I can't really plan anything. That's what I keep telling myself.:lmao:

Hmm. :scratchin I was just thinking of the backless booster for the car rides to and from the airport. I'm sure that would be sufficient, right? I know I can fit it in our luggage, too, whereas if I buy a brand new booster with the back to it, I'd be so worried that it'd get totally dinged up in the cargo bay of the plane.

We went to the zoo today, and he still wanted to ride in the stroller for part of the time. I would have to say, he's definitely in it less than he has been. But, DH and I have always been of the opinion that if he wants to walk, we find a nice place to park the stroller (in a designated area, of course) and let him walk. Then we have it for the evening and no one has to carry a sleeping 46+ pound toddler.

They usually have giant plastic bags to stick the boosters in but yes, they will get dinged up. Or the back will pop off and let me tell you, that is one way to break a nail. Or five. Trying to get the backs back on. I gave up and went backless all the way. Tired enough, they still slept without the back. Looked like whiplash to me but....those little critters are bendy!

TK....

I truly truly hate to break it to you.

he is 4.5
he is going to K in the fall (right?)

He's not a toddler.

Doesn't mean he won't need or want a stroller but...he is a preschooler my friend. Not a toddler.

It's hard. I know.

At 4 and 5 neither of the e's napped, or fell asleep at night until we hit the car. Granted, both had given up naps prior to the trip so that wasn't really a surprise but I was shocked at how well they did in the evenings and then how well they slept at night. But, if nothing else, the stroller is a GREAT place to carry your stuff!

TK....

I truly truly hate to break it to you.

he is 4.5
he is going to K in the fall (right?)

He's not a toddler.

Doesn't mean he won't need or want a stroller but...he is a preschooler my friend. Not a toddler.

It's hard. I know.

You know what, hon? That was a total Fruedian slip. I normally refer to him as a preschooler, but on our last trip, he was 3.5, and therefore to me, still a toddler. Actualy now, mostly, I call him my little boy.

But no, he's not going to kindergarten this fall, which is why we can still do this trip. He's actually not going until 2010 because of how his birthday falls. He won't be 5 until February of next year, so he has to wait a year to head off to public school. Which I'm quite frankly, thrilled with. Because I still get to have him for that year.

And yes, we won't get into how hard it is for me that he's growing up. Especially because as of now, he's an only. It stinks. :sad1:

At 4 and 5 neither of the e's napped, or fell asleep at night until we hit the car. Granted, both had given up naps prior to the trip so that wasn't really a surprise but I was shocked at how well they did in the evenings and then how well they slept at night. But, if nothing else, the stroller is a GREAT place to carry your stuff!

And that's precisely why I still want it. :lmao: I can reasonably get away with it for one more year. :thumbsup2

The plans look great....it would be so nice to bump into you if we could!!! ;)

BUT.....Captain's Grille?!?!??! How have I never heard of this restaurant before?!?!?!?! I must go look it up at once!

The plans look great....it would be so nice to bump into you if we could!!! ;)

I would love that. I don't remember what your exact dates are, but I was playing around with stuff tonight and saw some availability at CSR with the free dining promo.

BUT.....Captain's Grille?!?!??! How have I never heard of this restaurant before?!?!?!?! I must go look it up at once!

Oh, check it out. I think you'll like the menu. :thumbsup2

What a wonderful update!

And I do wish I had taken notes!! :scared1:

I need a recap for the recap! :lmao:

I love the new dates! I am so glad you get a little downtime before the fam all comes!

I love how cool you guys look! The visual of your cool smiling faces was priceless!

The thought of all 7 of you guys getting pics with Mickey is a great thought. I hope HRH is not sleeping! Although that did make for some great pics, too and some awesome trip reporting! :thumbsup2

At first I thought you guys had all moved resorts! I am glad you are still staying at the POP! :thumbsup2

MNSSHP - was one of the best nights of my Disney World life. I can't believe I am missing it this year...but hopefully will catch it next year! You guys will have a great time!

Awesome update! I am so excited for your trip!!!!! :dance3:

You know what, hon? That was a total Fruedian slip. I normally refer to him as a preschooler, but on our last trip, he was 3.5, and therefore to me, still a toddler. Actualy now, mostly, I call him my little boy.

But no, he's not going to kindergarten this fall, which is why we can still do this trip. He's actually not going until 2010 because of how his birthday falls. He won't be 5 until February of next year, so he has to wait a year to head off to public school. Which I'm quite frankly, thrilled with. Because I still get to have him for that year.

And yes, we won't get into how hard it is for me that he's growing up. Especially because as of now, he's an only. It stinks. :sad1:

awwwww...I'm sorry :(

Feb is a great bday....not too old in the class and not too young (aka immature). DS10 is a June bday and while I can't imagine having held him back...it was brutal at times in the early grades. At those ages that full year is such a huge difference it's mind boggling. It is also a GREAT age for Disney. Take lots of pics and show them to him afterwards, often. They do forget alot before the age of 5, it's so wierd, but true. Which I guess is good...since DS8 didn't remember what a train wreck he was after ToT when he was 4!:lmao:

And that's precisely why I still want it. :lmao: I can reasonably get away with it for one more year. :thumbsup2

I miss those days, although on the flip side I don't miss the "do I have to carry all the stuff now?" question when I ended up parking said stroller. Lockers have become our stroller of choice :lmao:

Just thinking - how did you like the baggalini? I got mine and it looks like it'll be great, but I'll have to test it out. I'll be curious to hear your opinion.popcorn::

I have just finally caught up. Life has been so busy lately and I have been having migranes lately and problems with my dr not listening to me. Soto make a long story short I switched dr's and am now waiting until he can see me.

I love the new dates! I am so glad you get a little downtime before the fam all comes!

Hmph.

Stay tuned. :lmao:

The thought of all 7 of you guys getting pics with Mickey is a great thought. I hope HRH is not sleeping! Although that did make for some great pics, too and some awesome trip reporting! :thumbsup2

That is true, those have always been some very fun pics, regardless of whether or not he's awake. I'm betting with the arrival of the family he'll be wired.

At first I thought you guys had all moved resorts! I am glad you are still staying at the POP! :thumbsup2

I'm glad we haven't totally switched because when I show DS pics of Pop on the computer, he goes nuts over all the icons. :thumbsup2

MNSSHP - was one of the best nights of my Disney World life. I can't believe I am missing it this year...but hopefully will catch it next year! You guys will have a great time!

I love it so much I almost can't put it into words.

Awesome update! I am so excited for your trip!!!!! :dance3:

Me, too.

awwwww...I'm sorry :(

It's okay, hon. I'm having a rough week emotionally, and I just got a little sentimental right there. :lmao:

I miss those days, although on the flip side I don't miss the "do I have to carry all the stuff now?" question when I ended up parking said stroller. Lockers have become our stroller of choice :lmao:

We are gaining so much more independence and mobility even now. It's amazing to me the things I don't have to carry anymore! :goodvibes

Just thinking - how did you like the baggalini? I got mine and it looks like it'll be great, but I'll have to test it out. I'll be curious to hear your opinion.popcorn::

You know, it finally came yesterday and I just haven't had a chance to test it out yet. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. It looks like plenty of pockets but I'm really going to need to put everything in it and see how it feels. It feels great with nothing! :rotfl2:

I have just finally caught up. Life has been so busy lately and I have been having migranes lately and problems with my dr not listening to me. Soto make a long story short I switched dr's and am now waiting until he can see me.

Oh, hon. I hope you're okay. :hug:

Oh, and TK, as far as the MNSSHP goes--Best. Party. Ever. I'd go again to morrow if I could!

:thumbsup2

K-Seriously? You're kidding me, right? Because if you note my ticker, I'll be in the World Oct 1-6. And I'll be at DHS the morning of Oct 2 (MNSSHP that night) and MK on Sunday. We have to meet up. Just have to.

Hmph.

Stay tuned. :lmao:

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Oh, hon. I hope you're okay. :hug:

I am ok now, thank you for asking but I was really upset with the dr who keeps telling mw that I am depressed and not really getting migranes. I am sorry but I know I am not depressed. If my head hurts so bad I am getting sick and I have sensitivity to light and noise and sometimes have numbness then I have a migrane not depression. I think it was worse because he wouldn't give me meds to help the pain just anti depression meds. Well I found some Tylenol with codine in it and I took that.

K-Seriously? You're kidding me, right? Because if you note my ticker, I'll be in the World Oct 1-6. And I'll be at DHS the morning of Oct 2 (MNSSHP that night) and MK on Sunday. We have to meet up. Just have to.

Um, hon?

WHEN DID YOU GET THAT TICKER???

What am I missing here? :lmao: Wow! I would love to meet up with you at some point. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter