Now Bring Me That Horizon ~ It Begins P115

Um, hon?

WHEN DID YOU GET THAT TICKER???

What am I missing here? :lmao: Wow! I would love to meet up with you at some point. :thumbsup2

Today? (She sheepishly says)

I having been working extra days this summer for a little extra pocket change. I started pricing free dining trips for the heck of it, and after a little fuzzy Disney math, I booked it. :rolleyes1

We'll just have to meet up. Although I'd probably recognize that Mickey head with a human body bottom anywhere. . .:rotfl2:

And I won't be too hard to find--just look for the person with two girls waiting outside of various restrooms in the parks. We're staying at ASMu--I've never been there before, but could not justify the extra cost for POR with just me and the kids.

Today? (She sheepishly says)

I having been working extra days this summer for a little extra pocket change. I started pricing free dining trips for the heck of it, and after a little fuzzy Disney math, I booked it. :rolleyes1

Good for you! :thumbsup2

We'll just have to meet up. Although I'd probably recognize that Mickey head with a human body bottom anywhere. . .:rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

And I won't be too hard to find--just look for the person with two girls waiting outside of various restrooms in the parks. We're staying at ASMu--I've never been there before, but could not justify the extra cost for POR with just me and the kids.

Well, I know what your kids look like, but did you post a pic of yourself on your TR? I can't remember. :confused3

Good for you! :thumbsup2

Well, I know what your kids look like, but did you post a pic of yourself on your TR? I can't remember. :confused3

You know, I don't remember, either. I'm usually behind, not in front of the camera. . .

And thanks, dh doesn't want to go, but I can handle my kids by myself. They know to listen there or we go back to the resort.

You know, I don't remember, either. I'm usually behind, not in front of the camera. . .

And thanks, dh doesn't want to go, but I can handle my kids by myself. They know to listen there or we go back to the resort.

You're going to have a great time!

Do they know already?

I have just finally caught up. Life has been so busy lately and I have been having migranes lately and problems with my dr not listening to me. Soto make a long story short I switched dr's and am now waiting until he can see me.

I'm glad to read you switched doctors.

Wayyyyy back in 1997-8 or so I started having horrendous migraines. I'd never had them before. My doctor kept insisting nothing was wrong or it was it was either

1. TMJ (and then went on a tirade how the dentist would want to fix it "his" way and he'd want to fix it a different way and he could guarantee me that insurance would NEVER pay for any of it. If memory serves he had some crazy-a surgery way of addressing it. The dentist had a different crazy way. I also switched dentists. New one said..."you have teeth for days!" Who knows what's going on until you get your wisdom teeth out!. Gee...common sense, what a concept!:lmao:
  2. Depression
  3. All in my head.
To humor me, he "let me" get an MRI and of course, nothing was wrong.

Fed up, miserable I finally switched doctors.

To my new one, who, in one visit realized
  • I had a history of asthma related sinus issues...they'd just never produced headaches before so the link didn't occur to me. And they hadn't bothered me in years. I've never actually had asthma but what they called a manifestation of...which caused lots of icky sinus issues and the asthma meds helped it.
  • I had moved to a completely different part of town which meant completely new environmental things I was exposed to.
  • I was now living with a smoker (BLECH, I still can't believe I did that). And while he didn't smoke in the house, I was around it.
  • My breathing was not where it should be (other guy never even checked).
  • I'd broken my nose twice (long story) and it's not like I had clear passages to start with.
  • I had an amazingly stressful situation at home (longer story) but I WAS NOT STRESSED! At least, not about that.
My new doctor was SOOOO mad at the old guy! He was like...at least he could have MRI'd your sinuses!

And gee... the stress of the headaches was causing stress, causing jaw clenching causing...TMJ.

Some appropriate meds later...all better.

Now I know what to take when I get those headaches. I did eventually get those darn teeth out (holy nightmare batman), get rid of the smoker and that stress but it really was an allergy/hay fever type of issue that should have been diagnosed right away.

I know how incredibly frustrating it is. With my recent eye thing...it took 3 different doctors to get to the bottom of it. Keep plugging and don't settle till you get an answer that makes sense to YOU.

:hug:

You're going to have a great time!

Do they know already?

You are so going to call me "Miss Indecisive". DH says he'll go if we go for Christmas. He wants to go to the party, etc., etc.

So tomorrow morning, I'll call Disney again and rearrange everything.

The good news? Because it's 5 of us, we have to go back to Port Orleans-Riverside. Ah. . .home. :goodvibes

You are so going to call me "Miss Indecisive". DH says he'll go if we go for Christmas. He wants to go to the party, etc., etc.

So tomorrow morning, I'll call Disney again and rearrange everything.

The good news? Because it's 5 of us, we have to go back to Port Orleans-Riverside. Ah. . .home. :goodvibes

Will we be changing the ticker?

"I think you are."

The former, I said. The latter was spoken to me by a CM I called earlier tonight.

Guys.

I am so excited.

I am super excited.

I am almost as excited as if Jack Sparrow himself were to walk into my house right now and...well, I digress.

Almost. But I am SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

Want to know why?

Guess, guess.

Done guessing?

Tonight I called WDW Reservations because I was having trepidations about CSR. And although I knew my son would love the dig site and the pool, I still wanted to check other availability.

No dice. Ah well.

But while I was on the phone, I thought to ask the lovely CM (whose name I could not understand but who heretofore shall be referred to as my angel :angel:) something else.

My angel asked me if I was willing to play around with my dates. And I said, well, I'm really booked at Pop for free dining from the Sept 29th - Oct 4th, and since I have you on the phone, can you just check and see if it's available for those dates in full? Meaning, Sept 27th - Oct 4th.

And my angel said yes.

And I said, what?

And my angel said, yes. In a preferred room. (We book preferred for Nana primarily, but we enjoy it as well.)

And I said, I'm sorry, could you repeat that? Did you just tell me that you have free dining from Sunday, September 27th to Sunday, October 4th?

Yes, I do. Would you like to modify your reservation?

:cool1::cool1::yay::yay::yay::banana::banana: :banana::cheer2::cheer2:

pirate:pirate:pirate:

:thumbsup2

That was my internal...well, and somewhat external happy dance. Guys, I could not believe it! I now have free dining, with 7 day park hoppers from Sept 27-Oct4!!!!

Do you know what this means?

I CAN GO SEE BIG BAD VOODOO DADDY IN EPCOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so frickin' frackin' excited I can barely contain myself!

Hold me back, HOLD ME BACK!

PIRATE!!!!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flower3:

Oh, TK, this is fabulous news!!! Because it means this is truly going to be one heckuva birthday celebration for you!!! :party:

Thanks, CP! It is going to be one heck of par-tay!

One could even say a pirate par-tay! pirate: Perhaps even a...swashbuckling good time.

Okay, I'll stop now.

Thanks, CP! It is going to be one heck of par-tay!

One could even say a pirate par-tay! pirate: Perhaps even a...swashbuckling good time.

Okay, I'll stop now.

:lmao: It's okay to be giddy!!! We all know that "let me dance around the room and squeal like a teenager" feeling when it comes to Disney!

:lmao: It's okay to be giddy!!! We all know that "let me dance around the room and squeal like a teenager" feeling when it comes to Disney!

OMG! I KNOW! I feel like I did at my thirteenth birthday party when we were all sitting in my parents living room head banging to Wayne's World. :lmao:

As do we all, right? :lmao:

I think one of my best, and arguably most annoying qualities is my ability to amuse myself. Case in point...my PTR chapter titles. Add that to my uncanny ability to burst out laughing at my job for no apparent reason, leaving my co-workers to stare at me in wonder, and we'll, you've got someone who, when in a good mood, just creates their own brand of funny.

It doesn't help that so many things during the day remind me of Disney. Rides, attractions, shows, characters, you name it, if there's even the most tenuous connection, it's in my head before you can say Jiminy Cricket.

I think what unnerves them the most is not when I sing "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me," in its entirety, but when I start with the whole macabre, "Welcome, foolish mortals...there's always room for one more...any volunteers???" :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Honestly, the ability to amuse yourself, especially when you're not thrilled with your work environment, well it's dang priceless.

What's not priceless, but acutally quite pricey is this whole trip bag thing. Hence the baggage, trip bag, baggage, ADR issues, drama, baggage.

You get the idea.

Anyway, the Vera is going back. Most likely today, once I get my unmotivated self showered and out the door. I have no motivation for errands, but alas, they need to be done.

And I got to thinking. And I didn't want to. I didn't want to be like everyone else. But sometimes, being like everyone else is not quite so bad, especially if everyone else has good ideas.

What am I rambling about?

The Baggalini. :lmao:

I had really underestimated the appeal of this bag. Well, I know they have a whole huge line, but when I say this bag, I mean, this one:

bagga121602_64244_jb.jpg

bagga121602_64242_jb.jpg

I'm showing you the lime green just so you can see the structure of the bag. It's harder to tell in the photo of the black one, but that's actually what I ordered. Basic black goes with everything, and as you can tell from my ranting about shoes, that's pretty much what I have in my wardrobe. Lots of jeans and black with some colors thrown in here and there.

I'm pretty sure this is the one that Wings said she had, and maybe even Maroo, too? I like the fact that it's a messenger style strap that goes across my body. I really prefer the feel of that rather than the traditional style backpack. I also feel like it's unisex enough for myself and DH to carry without looking out of place, because if he doesn't want to do the across style, he can just throw it over his shoulder.

Here's the product description:

I don't know if you're aware, but I go nutty over a bag with a lot of pockets. The more pockets, the happier I am. I love to have everything for myself and DS separate, and to keep everything in it's place. It makes life so much easier when you're not rifling through one big interior pocket to find everything.

I really want to love a Vera bag, because I love color and prints and they're fun. But after all your rave reviews of the Baggalini brand, I thought I'd head over to bagsbuy.com and just check it out. Well, it turns out this bag was actually on sale. It was on sale for $37.45 down from $44.95. I found a coupon code for $10 off my purchase, and go the first time customer discount of 10% off.

All told, this bag cost less than $25 with shipping. Quite frankly, I don't think I'm going to be able to do much better than that. I'm really hoping that when this arrives, I like it and it works. I really need to get something in place, because even though we have three months, I still feel like this is one duck I need to get in a row.

So far, this is how the shopping cards lie. We're keeping the following:

242943_30841_41.jpg
DSCI0230.jpg
- These Keens in black. All told, cost was under $65. I've been wearing them around the house and I like how they feel and look. They're sporty, and cute.

6627-675799-d.jpg
- These Teva flips. All told, cost was under $25. They don't match a lot of my wardrobe, but they're too comfortable to let go since I can't find black ones.

DSCI0231.jpg
- DS' new swimsuit, my new Mickey purse, and the Nemo pens for character signing. I have to say, I really love this black purse. I used it yesterday, and it was very comfortable to wear. If I don't like the Baggalini, I'll be using this as a purse, and then a tote to carry DS' stuff in. That's my last resort. You'll know I've given up when I tell you that's what I'm doing. Not because I don't like the purse or anything. I think it's just the fear that I'd leave it somewhere. That's one of the reasons I like the cross body bags, because when you sit down on a ride, it's attached to you. When you leave, attached. You know? And with a four year old, it's so easy to get distracted.

So there you have it. I see through my Kohls tracking that the tanks I ordered have arrived, so maybe in our near future there will be a post about homemade shirts. I did go out and buy the tie dye kit, and DH does have the weekend off, so hopefully we can at least get started on these. It's exciting!

One of the most fun parts of preparing for the trip I think, is making all the neat stuff to go along with it.

It also helps to distract me from the impending ADR countdown. :scared1:

Hello! I have been reading through you PTR for the past couple of days and I decided to finally comment. Your writing style is really enjoyable. I just wanted to thank you for the info on the coupon code for bagbuy.com. I just ordered my baggillini messenger bag in pewter!!! I can't wait to get it!!I can't wait to read more!

TK I am so happy for you and a little sad too as that is the exact time we would have been there and I am missing out on the dismeet. I am more happy that you were able to get what you wanted though for your birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!