Now Bring Me That Horizon ~ It Begins P115

Hello! I have been reading through you PTR for the past couple of days and I decided to finally comment. Your writing style is really enjoyable. I just wanted to thank you for the info on the coupon code for bagbuy.com. I just ordered my baggillini messenger bag in pewter!!! I can't wait to get it!!I can't wait to read more!

:welcome:

Thank you so much for posting and the lovely compliment about my writing! It's a pleasure to know you're enjoying it. :goodvibes

Once I get over my free dining for all my dates high...will I ever get over that :lmao:....I'll post a new chapter, with my thoughts on the baggalini.:thumbsup2

TK I am so happy for you and a little sad too as that is the exact time we would have been there and I am missing out on the dismeet. I am more happy that you were able to get what you wanted though for your birthday.

:hug: Aw! It would have been nice to meet, but I'm happy for your solo trip with your DH. :goodvibes

Woohoo!!!!!! So glad you have what you wanted!

WOO HOO! I can't believe I get to see BBVDD. :thumbsup2

So are you now at POP the entire time?!?!??!! YEAH FOR TK!!!!!!! SO excited for you!

Great news! Woohoo for you! Seriously, that is very cool!

This is truly AWESOME news, TK. We'll be on the lookout for you at BBVD! It's bad but I'm so excited for this trip I find myself wishing the summer away. :sad2: Hurrah for your angel castmember! :yay:

This is truly AWESOME news, TK. We'll be on the lookout for you at BBVD!

I was wondering whether or not I'll spot you in the crowd. I think we're aiming for the earliest one, but who can say since it's our arrival day. :lmao:

It's bad but I'm so excited for this trip I find myself wishing the summer away. :sad2:

I have the same problem every year, no joke. Fortunately this summer, we've been doing lots of fun stuff with my son, swimming, little day trips, etc, so it's great. I don't feel like I'm wasting time, I'm filling it till my vacation! :lmao:

Hurrah for your angel castmember! :yay:
:thumbsup2

So great that you to change your ressies. CSR looks cool, but having to move would've been a pain! What's going to happen to your unplanned days now, though? Having park tickets will be so tempting!!! But you must enlighten me - who is Big Bad Voodoo Daddy?:confused3

So great that you to change your ressies. CSR looks cool, but having to move would've been a pain! What's going to happen to your unplanned days now, though? Having park tickets will be so tempting!!!

I'll be posting about this in my next update (which I'll be writing shortly). They'll still be mostly unplanned, but definitely have some park activity. :thumbsup2

But you must enlighten me - who is Big Bad Voodoo Daddy?:confused3

Oh, my dear! Let me show you!

bbvd_photo_3-724676.jpg

They've been around for quite a while. I've actually seen them perform and they're amazing. At the venu where we were, they set up a dance floor in front of them, and people do swing dance while they're singing. They cover some of the older swing music, and they have original songs as well, like You and Me and The Bottle Makes Three, and they do a great cover of I Wanna Be Like You (from the Jungle Book).

I just love them, I'm so excited to see them again.

Oh, I love swing music, sounds great! I'll have to check the schedule now - we're planning to be in Epcot Sunday the 27th for dinner anyway, hopefully we'll catch them! Thanks!!:goodvibes

Oh, I love swing music, sounds great! I'll have to check the schedule now - we're planning to be in Epcot Sunday the 27th for dinner anyway, hopefully we'll catch them! Thanks!!:goodvibes

Just out of curiousity, where are you having dinner?

Yeah, they're very, very good. I think you'll enjoy it. I believe the show times are 515, 645, and 730. Someone can correct me on that if I'm wrong. :thumbsup2

Hee hee.

Well, there was a lot of trip excitement and activity this week. Of course, when Mom found out about us going down two days earlier, she started to consider it for herself and Nana as well. In the end, though, she decided she'd rather save the money, and go again with me (we're hoping to do a mother/daughter trip, maybe sometime in January).

After my little foray into the World with Tink, my Mom very nicely mentioned that she would love to get away just the two of us. And we used to do that a lot, so it would be nice to have a mother/daughter weekend. Fortunately for me, my father now has the same days off that I do, so it would be very easy for him to watch my son while my husband works. We're thinking a four day trip, but that's a whole other story. The only reason it relates is because most likely on this trip I'll be taking my pass and upgrading it to an annual. Of course, all this trip talk is dependent upon when I start school and what classes I'm taking. I've also toyed with the notion of upgrading myself, DH, and DS to annual passes. As long as we went back to the World before September 27th of 2010, they'd be more than worth it. So I've thought about taking DS the summer before he starts kindergarten. We'll see. Plenty of time to think about that! :goodvibes

So since I have two lovely days just the three of us, I really felt okay talking to Mom about going to the spa. It was something I'd thought about doing, because it is my birthday, and it would be a nice treat.

And I'll tell you a little secret. I am extremely budget conscious. Thrifty, you might even say. That's not the secret, that should be pretty obvious if you read here. The secret is that for this trip, my budget filter is clogged. Yup, you heard that right. Want to add two days on to the trip? Sure, why not. Want to go to the spa? Yup, don't care what it costs.

Did I just say that? Did I just say I didn't care what it costs? Just don't tell the people at the spa, okay, it's plenty expensive already. :lmao:

I don't know what it is really. I guess because this is my 30th birthday trip and I'd already made so many compromises on it. Staying at Pop because it made sense for everyone, planning meals around everyone's likes, you get the idea. It's the pleasure and burden of traveling with a large group, and I signed up for it, so I get it. But I think in regard to myself, in regard to this particular birthday, I'd really like to go all out.

Normally, when I go on a free dining trip, I don't plan extras. I don't plan to go to Disneyquest, or pay OOP for tea, or do any of those kinds of things. On this trip, the motto is, why not?

Call it part of my Peter Pan complex, call it part of my "I'm going to spoil myself to soften the blow" complex, call it what you will.

But I got online and found the website for the various spas around the WDW resort back when we were still staying at CSR. I was toying with the idea of getting a massage since we would be right there.

When Mom thought about going, because she would like to do the spa with me, and then decided not to, I suggested that we go the morning of MNSSHP. It fits in perfectly there as I'd had it as an open morning. And initially, I didn't want to plan anything then, because I wanted some time with my boys. Now that we have the two extra days, I'm perfectly contented to leave them to their own devices. That, and it's really nice for my husband and father in law to have some bonding time with DS. Long story, but let's just say it warms my heart. :goodvibes

So Mom and I both checked out the website, decided what we wanted, and called yesterday to book it.

We're going to the Grand Floridian Spa (is there any other in TK's world?) on the morning of Thurs, Oct 1st, and we're both having aromatherapy massages and spa pedicures. Now I'm paying my own way, but as a special treat for my birthday, Mom threw in the paraffin treatment for hands and feet for the two of us.

We're going to be pampered. And relaxed. And feeling thoroughly spoiled. And I LOVE IT! We'll get there a bit early, since our appts are later morning, and just enjoy the spa and relax and become acclimated to being pampered. :cloud9:

Afterwards, we left ourselves plenty of time to get ready for tea, and of course, to have our 130 meet.

Although at this point I find it ironic.

Because the three people I was supposed to meet at 130, I believe will also be at the spa at the same time as little ole me.

Who wants to see TK in a bathrobe? I'll be the one with the tiara.

NOT headless, no less! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Suffice it to say, I'm really excited to be treating myself, and spending some girly time with my mom. We may get on each other's last nerve sometimes, but she really is one of my best friends. And one of the hardest parts of having her watch my son these past few years is that we don't really have time to cultivate that friendship. Now that he's only there one day a week, we're starting to regain some of the fun in our relationship, and I had really missed that. So it'll be nice to do this together, and feel a little bit like a princess:. Oh, and of course...when Mom calls to book our appointments, what does she tell the receptionist?

"And my daughter will be turning thirty; we're celebrating her birthday."

Thanks, Mom.

:lmao:

Just out of curiousity, where are you having dinner?

Yeah, they're very, very good. I think you'll enjoy it. I believe the show times are 515, 645, and 730. Someone can correct me on that if I'm wrong. :thumbsup2

We've got an ADR at Rose & Crown for 4:50 (although for some reason my heart just isn't in this one), and an Illuminations cruise at 8pm, so we've got some time to kill in between. Maybe we'll catch the 6:45 show. Where are they located? Is there seating or do you just walk up and watch? Thanks for the info!!

We've got an ADR at Rose & Crown for 4:50 (although for some reason my heart just isn't in this one), and an Illuminations cruise at 8pm, so we've got some time to kill in between. Maybe we'll catch the 6:45 show. Where are they located? Is there seating or do you just walk up and watch? Thanks for the info!!

You know what, I have always wanted to try Rose and Crown! :lmao: But I am actually more interested in their lunch menu for my family than for dinner. I am also dying to hear those lovely British accents. :goodvibes

You know that big open theater across from...oh, gosh, is it near the American Pavilion? I can picture Epcot in my head, I think that's where it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter