• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 2013 Pin Code Watch

Skeetafic-i will be flying out of pit to! I was looking at jet blue or southwest but they dint have rates yet either. Or tentative plan is for nov 9-14 and the n a 3 day Disney cruise on the 14! I'm really hoping for some sort of discount . We are staying at French quarter.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

How funny! I'm thinking Southwest will probably be the cheapest but I'm still not sure we'll be able to swing it, particularly if FD isn't offerred. We used on of those trip calculator things and we can drive (including 1 night hotel each down and back) for less than $600 and maybe less than $500. I don't know if we'll be able to justify at least double that on flying. :worried:

skeettafic said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by arfisher12

Skeetafic-i will be flying out of pit to! I was looking at jet blue or southwest but they dint have rates yet either. Or tentative plan is for nov 9-14 and the n a 3 day Disney cruise on the 14! I'm really hoping for some sort of discount . We are staying at French quarter.

How funny! I'm thinking Southwest will probably be the cheapest but I'm still not sure we'll be able to swing it, particularly if FD isn't offerred. We used on of those trip calculator things and we can drive (including 1 night hotel each down and back) for less than $600 and maybe less than $500. I don't know if we'll be able to justify at least double that on flying.

I understand completely. I'm hoping airfare is only 250 roundtrip. Ive thought about taking a train but i don't think i could handle 24 hours on a train the anticipation of Disney is to much to wait 24 hours.

I got an email this week with 2 PIN Codes. One for Free Dining, which is only through March and the other was % off only through Sept 29.

Last year I received a PIN in Jan, the day after we booked our Oct. trip. And then in Feb., I received a 2nd PIN, also for the same time frame. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get something for Nov.

I got an email this week with 2 PIN Codes. One for Free Dining, which is only through March and the other was % off only through Sept 29.

Last year I received a PIN in Jan, the day after we booked our Oct. trip. And then in Feb., I received a 2nd PIN, also for the same time frame. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get something for Nov.

I saw on another thread how many people were getting PINs. So jealous. lol

I'm with you....keeping my fingers crossed!

Gwen in Illinois said:
This may be a dumb question but how do you sign up to receive a "pin" for FD?

Not a dumb question! It's really the luck of the draw, and there is no actual sign up. Try requesting the vacation DVD, putting in mock dates on the website a few times etc. all of those things will increase your chances of getting hope. Hope that helps!

I have gotten a couple of PINs in the mail, but none for November yet. Will the PINs keep coming even after I book the vacation or do they know I booked and stop sending them?

Just booked a room only for Nov 7-12. Really hope a pin or discount comes out for those dates. Otherwise paying a lot for that room!!!! I can apply a discount or change to a package if a deal comes out before then, right?

last week i recieved an e-mail from disney destinations with a pin for November :cool1: not sure what it is yet though have to call :thumbsup2 .
and to the person asking how you get one i think the reason i got mine was when i ordered the planning dvd it asked when i was thinking about visiting and i put november. The reason i think that is because the e-mail started with...

"Thanks for checking out our Vacation Planning info. Now it's our move.
We just wanted to make sure you and your family have everything you need to plan your next Walt Disney World® Resort visit! And since you're thinking about coming in November, the offer to the right would be a great way to get the most magic out of your stay."

Any chance of discounts during Thanksgiving week or is that usually blacked out?

Just booked a room only for Nov 7-12. Really hope a pin or discount comes out for those dates. Otherwise paying a lot for that room!!!! I can apply a discount or change to a package if a deal comes out before then, right?

Is veterans weekend usually blocked out as well then?

Yes, you will be able to apply the room discount. If you switch to a package, I believe you need to book a whole new reservation and they l refund whatever deposit you had on the room only reservation.

As for Veteran's Day weekend, you have to remember that that is also the F&W Festival Marathon weekend and it coincides with "Jersey Week". Basically, it's a mass exodus from NJ to WDW because all public schools have off on Thursday and Friday (and most schedule Wednesday off as well). Additionally, most schools will have off Monday the 11th because of Veteran's Day. So, discounts are normally blacked out starting that week until the Tuesday after Veteran's Day (I got there in a round-about way, right? lol).

And Thanksgiving week is usually blacked out as well. :( Sorry

Yes, you will be able to apply the room discount. If you switch to a package, I believe you need to book a whole new reservation and they l refund whatever deposit you had on the room only reservation.

As for Veteran's Day weekend, you have to remember that that is also the F&W Festival Marathon weekend and it coincides with "Jersey Week". Basically, it's a mass exodus from NJ to WDW because all public schools have off on Thursday and Friday (and most schedule Wednesday off as well). Additionally, most schools will have off Monday the 11th because of Veteran's Day. So, discounts are normally blacked out starting that week until the Tuesday after Veteran's Day (I got there in a round-about way, right? lol).

And Thanksgiving week is usually blacked out as well. :( Sorry

Whew!! OK then. Thank you. Didn't know about the NJ week! Guess it's going to be busy then! :scared:

Not overly busy. We'e normally used to 5s and 6s and I think on Thursday and Friday it's supposed to be 7s and maybe an 8. I can live with that! :)

disney is my life said:
last week i recieved an e-mail from disney destinations with a pin for November :cool1: not sure what it is yet though have to call :thumbsup2 .
and to the person asking how you get one i think the reason i got mine was when i ordered the planning dvd it asked when i was thinking about visiting and i put november. The reason i think that is because the e-mail started with...

"Thanks for checking out our Vacation Planning info. Now it's our move.
We just wanted to make sure you and your family have everything you need to plan your next Walt Disney World® Resort visit! And since you're thinking about coming in November, the offer to the right would be a great way to get the most magic out of your stay."

What was the pin dates and details?

can we book now and then add free dining later if it becomes available? I hate to wait to book until july!

What was the pin dates and details?[/QUOTE]

It's a room only discount I believe. I have to call though because it didn't clarify exactly what% off it is And it looks like its for all of November

disney is my life said:
What was the pin dates and details?

It's a room only discount I believe. I have to call though because it didn't clarify exactly what% off it is And it looks like its for all of November[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to hearing how you make out. We want to go in November too. We got a pin through 9/28 and was told that was the only pin code offer out there. Sometimes you get an email or mailing that looks like a pin but ends up being nothing. If that happens to you, don't give up- sometimes the Disney travel agent will end up negotiating.

Hi! Newbie here! Planning an extended family trip for November. We went a few years ago but during Thanksgiving week and I did not enjoy myself. Since everyone here seems very knowledgeable, which week in November PRIOR to Thanksgiving would be ideal, crowd wise? We are very flexible regarding dates and it's very important to me to go during the least crowded time.

Also, I scanned through this whole thread- am I correct that there have not been discount codes released yet for November, or is there another thread for that info?

THANKS!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter