November 2013 Pin Code Watch

I think this has been asked before, but we plan to go 11/9-11/17. IF we get Free Dining, can we do TWO reservations (one from 11/9-11/11, then a second one from 11/11-11/17) so we can get free dining on the second time period?

And if we do this (we wanted to stay at Poly) do they not make you move rooms?

I'm doing this too. Room only on 11/10 (value) then switching to POR on the 11th in the hopes for fd visa/General public. Unfortunately I did not receive a pin so I guess I'll just have to wait a little while longer.

I've been reading posts about free dining and now I'm confused:confused3 . I thought that as long as your arrival fell within the free dining period that you got FD your entire stay...even if you are there after the fd period ends?

I've been reading posts about free dining and now I'm confused:confused3 . I thought that as long as your arrival fell within the free dining period that you got FD your entire stay...even if you are there after the fd period ends?

That is correct. What did you see that confused you?

I think it's when people talk about doing split stays.....lol. My mind starts thinking before it should and confuses me:lmao:

I think it's when people talk about doing split stays.....lol. My mind starts thinking before it should and confuses me:lmao:

If you are checking in before the free dining begins, you need to do a split stay, because you need to checkin a day free dining is offered in order to get it for your whole stay.

Help! Have free dining pin, can ONLY go Thanksgiving week. Have always gone in very low crowds (January, early December, early November). HOW BAD WILL IT BE? We are used to ride times of 20 minutes for less popular, up to 45 minutes for the biggies. We are fast pass users, big time, but it only gets you so far! I see crowd predictions of 9 out of possible 10 for most of the week. Our kids are Disney adults, so free dining huge savings for us.

SarahD, I'm in the same boat! Would love to hear the answers to your question. We've only been twice, both times low crowds.

I've been over Christmas with higher crowds and honestly I didn't find it that terrible. We're going over Thanksgiving too so I hope it's manageable. I think if you plan it right and take advantage of fast passes and a good touring plan it should be ok

I'm not gonna lie... We went thanksgiving week in 2009. The beginning of the week was ok (7 out of 10) but it got progressively worse as the week went on. Black Friday, our last day, was the worse. We walked in the gates and tried to get to the bakery, couldn't and walked right out. The park was impassable with a stroller and people kept walking into it and pushing into it.

Help! Have free dining pin, can ONLY go Thanksgiving week. Have always gone in very low crowds (January, early December, early November). HOW BAD WILL IT BE? We are used to ride times of 20 minutes for less popular, up to 45 minutes for the biggies. We are fast pass users, big time, but it only gets you so far! I see crowd predictions of 9 out of possible 10 for most of the week. Our kids are Disney adults, so free dining huge savings for us.

I'm with you, SarahD. We made the mistake of going during spring break this year. Most lines were 60+ with the exception of Toy Story Mania. At 9:10am the fast passes had a return of 3pm & a 60 minute standby. We got in line & after 2 hours were on the ride. :eek:

Plan on taking advantage of the fast pass system. :hug:

I'm counting on a room discount (as well as a few of my clients that are also going in nov). I calculated the price increase to be $23 per adult (a bit less for child) total. Obviously a room discount or free dining will yield much higher savings... It's unfortunate but what can you do?

Have already booked and started to pay for upcoming vacation in November, if free dining be comes available and I call to get the free dining added, and take away the dining plan I am paying for, will it increase my whole package?

Have already booked and started to pay for upcoming vacation in November, if free dining be comes available and I call to get the free dining added, and take away the dining plan I am paying for, will it increase my whole package?

If you already have the dining plan added, it will decrease your total when you add free dining.

Hi everyone!!
wanted to go Nov. 17th-24th but need a room discount. this is the week before Thanksgiving. Does anyone know what Disney has done for discounts for rooms in previous Novembers? I know i saw the info somewhere but can't seem to find it again.
thanks!!

Hi everyone!!
wanted to go Nov. 17th-24th but need a room discount. this is the week before Thanksgiving. Does anyone know what Disney has done for discounts for rooms in previous Novembers? I know i saw the info somewhere but can't seem to find it again.
thanks!!

Are you looking for a room only discount or free dining?

I am looking for a room only discount and just wanted to know the previous years for the week before Thanksgiving if there had been any room only discounts
thanks

Yes, the week before Thanksgiving usually has RO and free dining. That's my favorite week of the whole year. Low crowds, great weather, and Christmas decorations!

Yes, the week before Thanksgiving usually has RO and free dining. That's my favorite week of the whole year. Low crowds, great weather, and Christmas decorations!

Thanks so much for the info. It makes me feel a lot better about booking that week!! Now I just have to wait for the RO discount(hopefully). Do you know when in the past they have announced nov. discounts?
Thanks again!!

Thanks so much for the info. It makes me feel a lot better about booking that week!! Now I just have to wait for the RO discount(hopefully). Do you know when in the past they have announced nov. discounts?
Thanks again!!

July/Aug

Nov 7-14 for us!! Hoping for free dining for at least part of our stay!! If we get it we will do a split POR and POLY

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter