November 2012 Trip planners #4~almost Disney time! Everyone welcome!

Forgot to say I'll be writing a re-cap of our trip soon. Still catching up on all I missed on here.

We've been busy around here. We bought an artificial tree and put it up today. We don't usually do this til after the holidays but I'm trying to get some decorating done before we leave. I also ran to the bank and picked up rolls of quaters for doing laundry while away. Tomorrow is pie baking day. Yum.

First park day has been wrapped up.

Today we hit Epcot. I don't recall why we planned this first but my wife and kids had never been there before and I had only limited experiences here so today we went.

It didn't go exactly as planned, but in the end turned out pretty good. The kids were a bit off most of the day, with little interest in participating in things at times. We had to coax them into taking pictures with the scenery but they were all about seeing the characters. They did enjoy the rides and Innoventions but getting between everything was a little bit of a struggle.

The early morning Soarin FastPass rush was a bit nuts. FP was worth it though as the wait started at about 45 minutes and was as high as 120 minutes later in the day.

Crowds were high until lunch and the place cleared out. We walked on or nearly walked on pretty much everything after that.

DD1 went with me on Mission:Space. She was excited before we went but wound up not liking the orange side.

We went to France to see Belle but we got there too late. The CM had already cut off the line. DD2 had a meltdown since that was her favorite princess. The CM told Belle and she made it a point to come over and take pictures and give her a hug as she was leaving. Completely unneeded but great experience.

Later on we went to the character spot at the end of the night just before illuminations and saw Minnie, Mickey and Pluto. They were a riot. The place was empty so the PP photogs were encouraging DD2 to dance and play with all three of them at once. We had a good 15 minute or so session with them all. They took at least 50 pictures of the whole thing! They said hands down that DD2 was the most adorable kid of the day. It warms my heart to hear that. (We all think our kids are cute but great to hear it from someone else, especially when they were a bit of a terror during the day)

Ate at Les Chefs de France and Electric Umbrella. Both pretty good although neither was quick.

Driving was nice vs taking the bus and dealing with the crowds.

Tomorrow is Magic Kingdom!

So glad you got some pixie dust!

We had another nice but very long day today at Hollywood Studios.

The crowds are definately starting to pick up, but I find that Hollywood Studios always feels more crowded than it is. We still managed to ride TSMM 4x's, Ride the RnRC, Ride the Great Movie Ride. Watch Lights Motor Action, Muppets and the Pixar Pals Parade. Experience the new Pirate's Attaction. Eat Lunch at 50's Prime Time, see a few characters, play on the playground and see the Osborne Lights.

It was a long day. Gates opened right around 8:30 this morning. We had our FP and were off TSM by 9am.

Sounds like you did a lot of things. I can't believe you rode TSMM 4x thats great!

DD6 officially has a sinus infection, starting day 1 of 10 day meds! :rolleyes2

Oh no! But at least she is on medication and will feel better shortly.

Does your medicine need to be refridgerated? Just started a 10 day course, they want it kept in the fridge, trying to figure out how arrival day will go. :confused3 It'll be unrefridgerated from at least 5:45 am till about noon, I suppose I could get bell services to put it in a fridge if we can't get in our room when we arrive......not sure if we're allowed to carry an icepack on to the plane? :confused3

We were allowed with dd's insulin a few yrs ago. I say go for it and if they won't let you just throw it out and get some ice once your past security.

Hey everyone! We ended up taking DS to the doctor. Turns out he has an ear infection and tonsillitis!!! He gave DS amoxicillin and said he should start feeling better in 2 days. Lets hope so! So happy we took him and now he can start to feel better. Decided to stay in tonight. Might try Downtown Disney tomorrow If he's doing better *fingers crossed* hope you are all having a good night!

Oh my! So glad he has the meds and will feel better shortly.

So, I've been doing single digit dances for everyone for a while now, and totally missed doing one for ME! So, here it is a bit late.

:rainbow:party::jumping1::rockband:

Okay, this is it....drum roll please...my 4000th post right here on our November family thread. Thank you. Thank you very much!:lmao: I also did my 3,000 on this thread I think. We've come a long way, baby! Have a great day everyone!

:cool1::banana::woohoo::dance3::cheer2: 4000th post!

Bags packed-check, airline checkin- check, Disney gift cards packed-check, OK, today's the Day! Ready to go, oh wait have to wait for husband to get home from work- AWWWW!! Hurry up! I hope everyone has a great time. This is our first time with a scooter and 2 elder people going and also picking up tickets before package starts, hope it all goes well. DMIL and DM both have cancer and 2 very important surgeries coming up that we will not be here for. I hope everything goes well and we are able to relax down there. I guess i leave it in God's hands because there is nothing I can do about either. Have a great Thanksgiving Everyone.:)

Sorry to hear about your DMIL and DM I'll send up a prayer. God's hands are best. Have fun and try to relax.

Today we are 6 days out. Right about now next week we should be leaving MK and going back to POP to get ready for our dd's birthday dinner at California Grill. Does anyone else play 'What will I be doing at this time on my trip next week'?

I really haven't played that game I just want Monday to get here so I can go! Ha Ha!

Just a quick update as promised, we ate at BOG this evening and I loved it! The theming is beautiful and I really enjoyed the food. Me & DH both had the French onion soup to start which was gorgeous. DH had the steak and I had the Cornish Hen followed by the lemon meringue cup cake. Both kids had grilled chicken breast which they did with 'pommes frites' as DD couldn't have the pasta. Beast did a walk through the restaurant twice while we were there then we could go to the study for a picture. So glad we managed to eat there it really made our last night, we fly home tomorrow��.

Happy Birthday to your DH and yay for the grey stuff! I'm so excited to be eating there in 8 days! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

We got back late Sunday night after an amazing 10 days. Still getting unpacked and settled and catching up on laundry.

Only bummer is we think we left DS's stuffed Perry at the hotel. Of course it was the one thing he bought with his own money. I'll go through all our stuff tomorrow in hopes of finding it. If not does anyone know if the hotel found it if I can get shipped home?

Welcome home! I have heard of them mailing things home. If you don't find it I would give them a call. I hope it turns up.

disney mom of 6 said:
We've been busy around here. We bought an artificial tree and put it up today. We don't usually do this til after the holidays but I'm trying to get some decorating done before we leave. I also ran to the bank and picked up rolls of quaters for doing laundry while away. Tomorrow is pie baking day. Yum.

So glad you got some pixie dust!

Sounds like you did a lot of things. I can't believe you rode TSMM 4x thats great!

Oh no! But at least she is on medication and will feel better shortly.

We were allowed with dd's insulin a few yrs ago. I say go for it and if they won't let you just throw it out and get some ice once your past security.

Oh my! So glad he has the meds and will feel better shortly.

:cool1::banana::woohoo::dance3::cheer2: 4000th post!

Sorry to hear about your DMIL and DM I'll send up a prayer. God's hands are best. Have fun and try to relax.

I really haven't played that game I just want Monday to get here so I can go! Ha Ha!

Happy Birthday to your DH and yay for the grey stuff! I'm so excited to be eating there in 8 days! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Thanks! Enjoy decorating your tree!!!

Quick update: DS was a little better today. Fever went away! guess antibiotic is really helping!
We were able to go to Downtown Disney for a couple hours which the kids enjoyed. My DS is allergic to eggs and peanuts, so he truly enjoyed his cupcake at Baby Cakes! Went to the main Disney store where he freaked out when he saw all the Mickey stuff! It was really cute! DD enjoyed the train and carousel. We were going to have dinner at T-Rex until the dinosaur when you first walked it came pretty far down and scared the crap out of DD. needless to say, she just wanted to high tail it out of there!! Tomorrow is breakfast at Chef Mickeys! It's a surprise so I can't wait to see how the kids react! Hope they enjoy it and aren't afraid!! Lol Hope you all have a good night!!

aroundtheriverbend said:
OOOh, what did you think if the pirates attraction? Worth a wait in line?

I was underwhelmed by Pirates. The effects were cool and could be a great addition on a ride. The "interactive" part was corny. You spent the whole time watching a show standing in a crowded room. In many ways it reminded me of a preshow ride room without a ride at the end.
I would not d it again.

Monday we went to Epcot. It was cold all day Monday. It never managed to get out of the 50's even though the forecast was 74. We did Future World from RD to about 2. We did the Seas, Land, and Imagination pavillions as well as Spaceship Earth. Then we went to downtown Disney for Dinner.

Yesterday we went to AK. It was a perfect day. We were there from 7:45 to 5. We saw all the shows, rode all the rides, had lunch at Tusker House, looked at the animals, met a couple characters and saw the parade. The only things we skipped were the train and Flights of wonder. It warmed up nicely yesterday and was a beautiful day. The paths felt crowded at times, but the longest we waited for anything all day was 10 minutes.

dillydilly said:
Today we are 6 days out. Right about now next week we should be leaving MK and going back to POP to get ready for our dd's birthday dinner at California Grill. Does anyone else play 'What will I be doing at this time on my trip next week'?

We are 4 days out. This time next week we will be getting ready for our Ohana breakfast then Epcoy!

Cumbley said:
Forgot to say DH also got to try 'the grey stuff' for his birthday!
Im gonna try to get the grey stuff for my DD :)

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards

Well today is the day! We leave at 1 for the airport, and of course my DH is not packed at all yet. I hope everyone has a very happy thanksgiving tomorrow!

Well after being hom 2 weeks I just paid off our next trip in 48 day!!!:cool1::cool1:
Walt Disney World Marathon here we come!!!!
What did I get myself into

Welcome home! I have heard of them mailing things home. If you don't find it I would give them a call. I hope it turns up.

My neighbor left a denim shirt on a ride and the park mailed it to her. She thought she'd never see it again and was quite surprised to see it in the mail.

Quick update: DS was a little better today. Fever went away! guess antibiotic is really helping!
We were able to go to Downtown Disney for a couple hours which the kids enjoyed. My DS is allergic to eggs and peanuts, so he truly enjoyed his cupcake at Baby Cakes! Went to the main Disney store where he freaked out when he saw all the Mickey stuff! It was really cute! DD enjoyed the train and carousel. We were going to have dinner at T-Rex until the dinosaur when you first walked it came pretty far down and scared the crap out of DD. needless to say, she just wanted to high tail it out of there!! Tomorrow is breakfast at Chef Mickeys! It's a surprise so I can't wait to see how the kids react! Hope they enjoy it and aren't afraid!! Lol Hope you all have a good night!!

Glad your DS is feeling better! Hope you have a great breakfast at CM!

Monday we went to Epcot. It was cold all day Monday. It never managed to get out of the 50's even though the forecast was 74... Yesterday we went to AK. It was a perfect day.

Thanks for the info about the weather...I have been worried about it. I'm pretty sure we will go to the parks in long pants with short sleeved shirts. I am wondering, though, if it will seem warm to us being from cold weather Colorado. Sounds like you are having a good trip!

2 days folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Putting up the Christmas decorations tonight, eating a huge Thanksgiving meal with the family tomorrow, and then waking up Friday morning and flying to DISNEYWORLD!!!!!!!! I just hope we remember to put the elf on the shelf out tomorrow night (just joking as we will not forget)..

Wonderful day at Magic Kingdom. Ate lunch at be our guest, it was beautiful. 4 of us, got steak sandwiches, ham, and pork, french onion soup, potato soup, chocolate cream puff. All was good but steak was just OK. Got brew at Gaston, too sweet for me, but got Belle cup. Saw under the sea, great. Lots of people, but waits were OK if using fast passes. Left at seven, ascooled off and DD and Dm done. Tomorrow we move into royal rooms, and do Fastasmic lunch at MM. Warm during day and cool at night.

Just wanted to say Have a Great Thanksgiving tomorrow everyone!!!!!! I made all my pies, got the stuffing ready and made a casserole. I can't wait for tomorrow. Family will be here and it will be a wonderful time.

Thanks! Enjoy decorating your tree!!!

We had fun decorating. I love they way little ones want to put all of the ornaments on one branch at the bottom of the tree. When I saw my dd3 doing this it reminded me that dd2 had done the same thing. She had about 8on one branch she just kept pushing them back. My mom told me she would let us decorate however and then when we went to bed she would redecorate. Ha Ha!

So glad your little one is better and the fever is gone. Have a blast at Chef Mickey's. We are eating dinner there on Monday!

Monday we went to Epcot. It was cold all day Monday. It never managed to get out of the 50's even though the forecast was 74. We did Future World from RD to about 2. We did the Seas, Land, and Imagination pavillions as well as Spaceship Earth. Then we went to downtown Disney for Dinner.

Yesterday we went to AK. It was a perfect day. We were there from 7:45 to 5. We saw all the shows, rode all the rides, had lunch at Tusker House, looked at the animals, met a couple characters and saw the parade. The only things we skipped were the train and Flights of wonder. It warmed up nicely yesterday and was a beautiful day. The paths felt crowded at times, but the longest we waited for anything all day was 10 minutes.

Sounds like you are having a great time. Don't tell my DH about temps being in the 50's. Ha Ha! I have so many different outfits packed its crazy.

Well today is the day! We leave at 1 for the airport, and of course my DH is not packed at all yet. I hope everyone has a very happy thanksgiving tomorrow!

Have a blast!

Well after being hom 2 weeks I just paid off our next trip in 48 day!!!:cool1::cool1:
Walt Disney World Marathon here we come!!!!
What did I get myself into

Lucky you!:cool1:

Cant wait!!! 4 days and only 1.5 hours of work left til im on a 12 day vacation!!!!

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards

12 days of vacation sounds wonderful!

2 days folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Putting up the Christmas decorations tonight, eating a huge Thanksgiving meal with the family tomorrow, and then waking up Friday morning and flying to DISNEYWORLD!!!!!!!! I just hope we remember to put the elf on the shelf out tomorrow night (just joking as we will not forget)..

Have fun!

Wonderful day at Magic Kingdom. Ate lunch at be our guest, it was beautiful. 4 of us, got steak sandwiches, ham, and pork, french onion soup, potato soup, chocolate cream puff. All was good but steak was just OK. Got brew at Gaston, too sweet for me, but got Belle cup. Saw under the sea, great. Lots of people, but waits were OK if using fast passes. Left at seven, ascooled off and DD and Dm done. Tomorrow we move into royal rooms, and do Fastasmic lunch at MM. Warm during day and cool at night.

Sounds like a great day!

Quick catch up from our trip since we've been busy!

Sorry to hear so many have had sick kiddos. I know that is never part of the plan.

Our first day at MK was pretty awesome. DD2 got done up at BBB as Belle and was completely adorable. After that we had lunch at BOG, which was awesome. Then we did Enchanted Tales with Belle and I was one of the knights, DD1 was the Beast and DD2 was silverware. DD2 stole the show when she got to meet Belle. Not a dry eye in the house during that it was so cute.

We have a lot more to do since we pretty much only did Fantasyland while we were there. Going back tomorrow for more.

Tuesday we did DHS. DD1 got to ride ToT with me twice and she loved it. We did TSM, met P & F and took a gazillion pictures of the Osborne lights.

Today was AK. Took it slow and spent most of the day in Dinoland but DD1 did get to ride Everest twice with me.

We had a mishap at DHS. I got to the car to leave and my key fob to start my car had fallen off of my keyring! I panicked but thankfully someone had turned it into Guest Services and I was able to get back to the resort without a problem. Scary stuff though.

All in all it's a good time. The kids are fighting over the stroller of all things. DD1 (7) wants to ride in it and DD2 (4) only wants to ride in it so DD1 doesn't. Other than that its going well.

Off to O'Hana breakfast then MK again!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Three days to go and I will be in WDW! :yay: Can't wait to see it for the first time at Christmas! Everyone else who is going after Turkey day: Have A Wonderful Trip! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter